• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

End of the world!

This is always such a cheerful topic when it comes up. ;) By the way, I'm staying put and dying in place. Take care. Tom Worthington

Well I just moved to Florida so I doubt if I'm gonna head north.

You ended up in PH? Correct? Just a little bit too close to Tampa for my liking! :eek: You are welcome to stay at some property I have up US19 about 15mi in Hudson--an old mobile home and spring-fed pond would be at your disposal. Only "issue" is that it is close to US19 but off the beaten path so many people don't know about it. Plus, it would be easily defensible unless absolutely overrun by the hordes! :(

Alternately, I have heard that the area north of Perry (up US19 a couple hours) will be off the beaten trail and far from many "bigger" FL and GA cities. Only problem with that is that there will be many other people with the same idea. :eek: They will probably be waving Confederate flags if that bothers you... ;)

As for me, I'll be staying here in West Volusia and shooting until the ammo runs out... :cool: While watching FTWD, my 12yo son commented that we could bug out at my windowless shop if things got too hot at home... :D I have explained the correlation of the zombie apocalypse and riots in cities (as seen on TV!) and apparently he was paying attention! :) The shop would be a 10mi drive through potential "hot spots" so I don't know if it would be an option... :(

We are in a "good" neighborhood with big yards and a lot of patriot neighbors, many who have "arsenals". There will be some that will have to go, though--those be the ones with Nobama signs in their yard the last election... :mad:

Depending on how bad it gets and how long it lasts, so many Americans are unhealthy and hooked on meds that I don't think they'd last too long without regular food and medical care. I know I'm not prepared for the long haul myself and as a city dweller my survival chances would be slim if I took to the hills, even in mild and sunny Cali. Can't hunt, hate camping... So I'm stocking up for weeks of martial law, ready to hole up and repel some looters until the Man comes kicking doors and grabbing guns Katrina-style in the urban centers. At that point or right before it I may bug out (one reason why I don't invest much in long guns and/or tons of firearms that I'd have to leave behind), but that would mostly be to avoid the FEMA camp and food line BS. I can handle rough times, but not within crowds.
Were I smarter I'd research how to live off the land instead of buying ammo for that one last stand. Anybody get their appendix taken out while they still can like an astronaut? ;)

You ended up in PH? Correct? Just a little bit too close to Tampa for my liking! :eek: You are welcome to stay at some property I have up US19 about 15mi in Hudson--an old mobile home and spring-fed pond would be at your disposal. Only "issue" is that it is close to US19 but off the beaten path so many people don't know about it. Plus, it would be easily defensible unless absolutely overrun by the hordes! :(

Alternately, I have heard that the area north of Perry (up US19 a couple hours) will be off the beaten trail and far from many "bigger" FL and GA cities. Only problem with that is that there will be many other people with the same idea. :eek: They will probably be waving Confederate flags if that bothers you... ;)

As for me, I'll be staying here in West Volusia and shooting until the ammo runs out... :cool: While watching FTWD, my 12yo son commented that we could bug out at my windowless shop if things got too hot at home... :D I have explained the correlation of the zombie apocalypse and riots in cities (as seen on TV!) and apparently he was paying attention! :) The shop would be a 10mi drive through potential "hot spots" so I don't know if it would be an option... :(

We are in a "good" neighborhood with big yards and a lot of patriot neighbors, many who have "arsenals". There will be some that will have to go, though--those be the ones with Nobama signs in their yard the last election... :mad:

Thanks Bobster. I'm about 1 hour out of downtown Tampa. Should give me a good buffer.

We are right on the gulf,so maybe I need something amphibious.;)

Back