• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

First line of defense, Tactical Dog Thread!

Our old boy Casey. He's passed now but he was a real protector. We think he still watches over us.
Here he is going over the 6 ft. fence to get something.
He later barreled right THROUGH that fence, after he'd had enough, to go after some kids who constantly/daily teased him on the way home from school. They had been warned lol.

Thanks guys! Folks are often a little taken a back the first time they come over to our house. I get it, he is pretty menacing looking. He's a big ol sissy dog though. My kids ride him, my in-laws chiweenie chases him around the yard, my cat beats up on him... Truth is, even though he's 90lbs of solid muscle, in his mind he's a delicate lap dog that want's to sit on top of anyone who will show him attention and just be loved on. No kidding guy's, this pooch never even barks. He's kinda dumb too, and by kinda I actually mean mostly lol We actually refer to him as our "special needs" child.

FULLAUTO, REALLY GLAD TO COME ON DOWN AND FIND THIS POST. MY FIRST THOUGHTS LOOKING AT THE PICTURE, NO THIS BEATIFUL
PUPPY, FOR SURE DONT LIVE ON THE END OF THAT STEEL CABLE. JUST ONE OUTSTANDING PUPPY, I LOVEM ALL.
THANKS
RAMBO

FELLOWS, I HAVE BEN COMPLEATLY THRU THIS THREAD,AND REALLY ENJOYED IT. I PUT A LIKE ON EVER PUPPY AND KITTY PIC I SEEN.
IF I MISSED YOUR PIC IM SORRY. WE HAVE 3 BOSTON TERRIES, LILLY, DARCY AND PENNY, DARCY AND PENNY ARE RESCUED PUPPYS.
LILLY IS 10 YRS OLD,AND DEALING WITH CUSHING DISEASE, BUT DOING GOOD DEALING WITH IT. IF NEED BE ILL SPEND EVER $ I GOT ON HER
THEN BORROW MORE. UP UNTILL THIS SUMMER,I TOOK LILLY SWIMMING 2-3 TIMES A WEEK.TAUGHT HER TO TREE SQUIRRELS BY SIGHT,
A 30 TO 40 YARD FRIZBIE CATCH WAS COMMON. I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE LAW OVER MY AGGRESIVENESS TOWARD PEOPLE THAT MISSTREATED ANY ANAMIAL. LAST SUMMER IN A TRAILER PARK,SOMEONE CUT THE TOP OFF A GALLION JUG,AND SHOVED IT DOWN OVER
A GERMAN SHEPARDS HEAD.I WENT THERE AND CALLED OUT SEVERAL PEOPLE AND OFFERED A $100.00 CASH FOR INFO ON WHO DONE THIS.
WELL THE POLICE CAME CALLING ON ME TO LET ME KNOW YOU CANT DO THAT. MY REPLY WELL I ALREADY HAVE. I HAVE A REPUTATION
THAT IM REALLY PROUD OF. IVE TAKEN ON THE TENN. SULLIVAN CO SHERIFF DEPT. OVER SHOOTING A LOT OF PUPPYS,AND WE WERE
REALLY SUCCESSUL,BY USING THE PRESS ON THEM. WHEN YOU GET MY AGE 79,AND LOVE ANNIMALS, YE JUST DONT GIVE A DAM ANYMORE.
IF YE WANTA, ILL SHARE SOME STORIES AND PICS. OF SOME INTERSTING THINGS.
THANK YOU
RAMBO

It's true sir. When you reach a certain age things seem to take on different values.

I think It's because you've been through so much in life by that time, that nobody can easily make it worse than what you've already experienced.

this guy, Jack, provided first line of defense last night. He alerted to someone at the front door at 2am and his brother Jake was backing him up. The guy would not leave even after being told "I don't know you. You need to leave!" three times. We were armed and my wife got the police there in short order.
No idea if they found the guy. Needless to say we had a crappy nights sleep.
Jack:

Jake:

2523761a8bce8833a71c246812210d5c.jpg

Two miniature wienerdogs that think they are guard dogs. They try pretty hard! :)

If it works out Sharon and I will be taking in a 9 mo. old boston terrier,That will make us 4 ovem.
His name is ozzie, ben keep in cage most of his life. That wont be so at our home.

Back