• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

FN Herstal

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
I've been checking these out, and though NIB theyre like $580, its a bit much anytime real soon... However, it will be my next handgun purchase!!!

FNP .45 Series

SERIOUS BIG BORE PERFORMANCE FROM FN.

The legendary 45 ACP combines stellar reliability and exceptional accuracy with proven big-bore stopping power. The FNP-45 offers a light yet ergonomic polymer frame with low bore axis for reduced felt recoil and improved control. The FNP-45 USG's grip design accommodates magazines holding up to 15 rounds, making it ideal for both practical shooting competition and personal security. The stainless steel slide has front and rear cocking serrations and the 4.5" hammer-forged stainless steel barrel delivers pinpoint accuracy. Every FNP is made in the USA

FNM0061mb.png

The one pictured is the matte black stainless.

Specs;

- Caliber: 45 ACP

- Operation: DA/SA with Manual Safety

- 1 in 16" RH Twist Rate

- Barrel Length: 4.5”

- Overall Length: 7.85”

- Height: 6.33”

- Width: 1.58”

- Weight: 32.4 oz. empty

- Magazine: 14- or 10-round magazines

- Interchangeable arched and flat backstrap inserts with lanyard holes

Features;

- Textured and checkered frame surfaces for enhanced operator grip

- Two interchangeable backstrap inserts with lanyard holes

- Integrated accessory rail for mounting tactical lights or lasers

- Full-length guide rod and flat-coil recoil spring

- Ambidextrous frame-mounted decocking levers

- Ambidextrous magazine release buttons

- Ambidextrous slide release levers

- Loaded chamber indicator on external extractor

- C-More Systems™ fixed three-dot combat sights

- Three magazines, owner’s manual, locking device and lockable fitted hard case come standard

Its a way different feel after handling my 1911, but a pretty nice gun, I was able to see and handle one personally (less actually being able to fire it) last weekend. I really like the 14 + 1 magazine option!!! Imagine, if 7 + 1 of .45 ACP in a 1911 is sweet, then 15 is awesomeness!!! Its a little big for Allisons hands, but we didnt try the different grip inserts.

I definitely need one! :D

There's an FNP .45 Tactical with fiber-optic sights sitting in the counter at my LGS. It's a beauty!

Looks like a solid pistol for the price but not sure I would personally get one.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
There's an FNP .45 Tactical with fiber-optic sights sitting in the counter at my LGS. It's a beauty!

I bet it is!

DHonovich said:
Looks like a solid pistol for the price but not sure I would personally get one.

Why is that, interested in your opinion! ;)

That's a nice lookin' piece...let's us know when you hook it up !!

Stopped in my LGS today to snap a quick photo of the Tactical model for you and it was gone baby gone...

Shooter, you folks folks here will know as soon as (whenever that will be) I get it!

Lazy, a high capacity .45 completely made in the US at the Columbia SC factory and with a retail price that is VERY attractive, I'm not surprised it wasnt still there!

Rossignol said:
Shooter, you folks folks here will know as soon as (whenever that will be) I get it!

Lazy, a high capacity .45 completely made in the US at the Columbia SC factory and with a retail price that is VERY attractive, I'm not surprised it wasnt still there!

It's just getting harder isn't it? That "under 6 bills" polymer cast just keeps growing. XD, Glock, S&W M&P, this... I left off the CZ... I get the glove friendly guard, but Fugly with a capital F!!!!

If yo saved another $60 you could get a factory reconditioned Sig... Just sayin', if you prefer all metal.

New to me FNP 9. I was offered this for a killer deal and couldn't say no. I really couldn't. I just recently bought the TLR1 HL for my M500 and then the realization kicked in I now have a rail mount on a handgun so I slapped it on there. I guess I'm gonna have to pickup another TLR1 now for the M500. :D

I've never owned any handgun that had a provision for a light. Actually this is the second tupperware frame I've ever owned the first being a Taurus PT111. Too bad this wasn't the coyote colored one but I can manage.

The downside to this purchase was it put that Sig p228 back a bit but I think this was well worth it. So this is technically my first firearm purchase for 2014. That Sig don't count because I've not filled out a 4473 for it yet. ;)

This one turns out is the USG model. So it has the forward slide serrations, the standard decock plus the upward safety for cock and lock carry. Quick google search shows that USG stood for US Service Gun. So they had to add the upward safety to submit it to the pistol replacement trial. Otherwise its just like the standard FNP series.

I really liked that it has ambi controls and the mag release button can be swapped. Perfect for a southpaw like me. Plus it fit my hand really well. I expect good results down range. Can't wait to get to the range and put it to usage. I'm going to have to look into possibly having some Trijicons installed down the pipe.

That's a really nice looking pistol.

The only handgun I own that has a rail is the HS2000/XD. I like it though.

Eventually, when the aftermarket rail attachment for the Beretta comes out, I may try it, but the 40 has been beside my pillow for 8 years now so it has earned its' spot.

Not to mention the logistics of finding a holster that will fit the beretta with a light attached simply do not exist.

Thanks John. This really was an unexpected whim purchase but the previous owner is a good guy and gave me a hell of a deal on it. He carried it alot initially till he found something smaller so it has some use but that just means I don't have to break it in.

Holster selection is going to be a challenge for me especially in left hand. It appears theres not much love for these FNPs even for right handers. I'll probably have to resort to a custom Kydex solution. Once I had that TLR on there I realized I'm not wanting to take it off.

So a custom holster with the light attached is probably the only option I've got honestly. This probably just became my new nightstand gun but only after I've shot it and gotten familiar with it. Also another reason why I think Trijicons would be a bonus to have installed for it.

I agree. I think any light serving as an HD gun should have a light.

I know others may feel differently, but my criteria calls for a light on any weapon that I may even consider grabbing.

As for custom holsters, I don't necessarily have to have a kydex. I have one little cheap-O holster that I can carry the XD with light, but it's a belt holster.

(no CCW for me).

Darned nice pistol. I like the FN pistol lineup very much. Yours should prove to be a terrific sidearm.

In case you didn't see in the holster pic thread. Turns out that military surplus Sig M11 (p228) holster I got on fleabay fits this FNP almost perfectly. The muzzle ends a touch snug where the guide rod cover is fatter on the FN to accomodate the light rail. Otherwise its a damn good fit everywhere else. The snap closed with out effort and with just the right amount of retention. Almost as if this holster was actually for the FN. If I didn't know it was a Sig specific holster I would swear that it was in fact made for the FN. Killed two birds, one stone all for a 15 dollar find on the bay. I'm stoked.

I still want a bad ass tactical drop leg for it so I can accomodate the light attached but its nice to know this surplus holster can pull double duty as a viable OWB carry option with a winter jacket over it. I loaded up the mag (empty chamber though) to simulate the weight of it fully loaded and turned the gun upside down and shook it violently. Didn't budge one bit. Its not coming out unless you unsnapped it. Even then with the snug fit at the muzzle it takes a slight tug to get it free but not too snug that if you needed to draw it quickly you could. The leather of course is still stretching so with a few draws and insertions it should shape to it quite nicely.

I'm happy with it. Hell for how cheap they are and the availability of left hand versions I'm thinking of snagging another one. Just thought I'd share in case anyone out there has an FNP and needed a cheap but not cheaply made holster option. Plenty of right handed ones out there as well available for practically nothing. I'm impressed with this surplus holster's quality. For the DIY types out there you could possibly add some j hooks and maybe have a very cheap IWB option as well.

Back