• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Frog Lube - Report after 550 rounds

next time I am by the shop I'll pick up another sample and try it again

The cleaning of the metal is by far the biggest trick to get FL to work well. Go to FL's website, they have very clear instructions on how to prep your weapon for their product, how to apply their product, and what to expect from their product.

A little update... all guns function very well with the Frog Lube... one exception... my Sig P220 has a minor issue:

I don't shoot it as often and it sits in the safe for a month or more between shoots. It appears that the liquid frog lube is reacting with something and becoming tacky and a little gunky which slows down the action of the firearm. I reviewed some youtube videos and it seems there may be a problem with some residual petroleum products still in the metal reacting with the frog lube.

I ordered the frog lube solvent 1oz size online to see if a cleaning with this will strip out any excess petroleum product and correct the issue. Should get it in a week or so. I'll keep you posted.

The one time I tried it my CMC trigger quit resetting.....melted it back off and it works again

i got the kit when i ordered my frog lube, im not really sure what the solvent actually is. honestly, its just like water in a spray bottle. not really any smell or feel like any type of solvent ive ever used. just an FYI.

The one time I tried it my CMC trigger quit resetting.....melted it back off and it works again

My other guns function fine. I think the tight tolerance of the slide to the frame on the Sig (which I put a little of the liquid lube to reduce friction) might be part of it.

i got the kit when i ordered my frog lube, im not really sure what the solvent actually is. honestly, its just like water in a spray bottle. not really any smell or feel like any type of solvent ive ever used. just an FYI.

I'll see. I ordered a trial version for like $6 shipped. Probably good for a few applications and see how it does. If not I'll go back to ye ole grease.

I ran into an issue with my 930 and Froglube CLP. I shot a number of rounds of skeet and trap with some friends. After cleaning the barrel and action with FL CLP, I place a snap cap in the chamber and dropped the hammer (For a function test). I allowed myself to be distracted enough to leave the snap cap in the chamber and stored my weapon for a week and went back to the range for more skeet and trap. I ejected the snap cap into the gun case and paid no attention to it. We started shooting skeet and I noticed I was getting very light primer strikes after a failure to fire. I disassembled the shotgun and found red "gunk" throughout the bolt assembly. Very tacky to the touch, no smell, and would not come off by wiping with a range towel. I used some Hoppes# 9 solvent to remove the crud from the bolt assembly and gas system spring. I inspected the snap cap and found the plastic coating / annealing material gone and the aluminum surface quite pitted. This caught me off guard as I was not expecting that to happen. Called Froglube, they have "never, ever, ever heard of this before". I like FL on my carry weapon as it does not creep and has yet to cause problems for the pistol. I do not know why FL attacked the finish on the snap cap, so I have chalked it up to a learned lesson. I will not be using FL CLP on my M&P22 due to what happened with the snap cap.

Well I gave it a good try, hate it. researched......I am far from the only person who thinks its a solution looking for a problem and not only that it comes with a stupid application process and if you ant to remove it .....the same stupid process

Traditional lube, apply from rag or tube, don't work use more, want it gone wipe it off tad bit of solvent and you got bare metal

Can't use it with other lubes

What happens when all the zombies eat all the FL because the nice minty flavor and you have to use proper lube.....

I have done some checking an also found that I wasnt the only person to have a malfunctioning weapon caused solely by Frog Lube.....upon more research I could not find one issue of CLP or any other trditional lube causing any malfunction unless someone used a gallon on a pistol

got the solvent today… 1oz trial. Doused the crap out of my sig with it. Doesn't smell, kinda feels like water but it ate up the frog lube on the gun.

Re-lubed sparingly…. I'll see if the Sig gets tacky in a couple of weeks.

Back