• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

oli700 said:
whoa....that little one there looks just like my glock 29....creepy

Glocks all look alike to me. The 26 was my carry gun until my wife shot it. That is when I got myself the 19. At least that is what I kept telling her when I bought it. :D
I am pretty sure the conversation went something like "No honey honestly if you like that little gun so much then it is yours and I will just get a new one. Doesn't bother me at all." :D

I am hearing reports that NO BODY can find a Glock...

photo-2.jpg

My father and I found quite a few :) I couldn't get them all in the picture but there are a few, maybe 10 or so, that are cut outta the picture.

Well my father is looking at a 31 in .357 sig... that is 2 model numbers away FWIW... :)

I cannot say I looked to hard for the 29 but did look at a Gen4 Mod 19... My dad is a skeptic of the 9mm but I know I wouldn't want to be shot with it!! Especially 15 of them lol

Gen4 models come with 3 magazines or 2 with the sub-compacts

Gen 3 only comes with 2 regardless so the 19 would come with 3 magazines and is $569.. is that a good price?

Wow, $570 seems a bit high.

My LGS sells the Gen4 models for $549. I can't deal with the feel of the Gen4 grips though...

Itsricmo said:
My dad is a skeptic of the 9mm but I know I wouldn't want to be shot with it!! Especially 15 of them lol

I have a friend in the adjacent town that was involved in a shoot out with a drunk about 10 years back. The guy shot him with a 9mm in the knee. It deflected off the knee, bounced off if you ask him lol. But the fact was it was an angled shot with an fmj. In the end my friend got him, legal self defense all the way. I also had a friend , my best friend that died when we were 19 from one single 22lr.....your 9mm will be fine....Shot placement, shot placement , shot placement

Itsricmo said:
Well my father is looking at a 31 in .357 sig...

Itsricmo said:
My dad is a skeptic of the 9mm

With all due respect, you might remind him that the .357 SIG is still a 9mm.

Sure it's sit'n in a .40cal casing with more powder behind it, but extra speed doesn't necessarily equate to more 'stopping power'. I carry my G26 with as much confidence as my 1911s. If 12 rounds of 9mm doesn't neutralize the threat as effectively as 7 rounds of .45acp I was screwed before I started shoot'n...

just for you Ricky boy....prolly shoot em in the toe and send em to their maker lol

10mm-auto.jpg

Do to supply snd demand that price is about right, my17 was $599. My local shop receive 12 and all were sold in one day. If you want one and found it I would buy it.

oli700 said:
just for you Ricky boy....prolly shoot em in the toe and send em to their maker lol

10mm-auto.jpg

HAHAHA!!!! It's just an overly glorified .40cal... :twisted:

LES, I will see what my father has to say about that lol:
I doubt it will affect his decision or opinion any, but worth a shot! (Pun intended lol)
I think 9mm is plenty enough and plenty of people use it! I can agree as there is no argument, Shot Placement is the key! I am sure 2 center of chest shots will drop someone to their knees!

L.E.S. said:
I can't deal with the feel of the Gen4 grips though...

I sort of have the same problem but I can get an extra mag or two with getting the 4... The Gen4 has interchangeable back-straps too... I will have to hold them a little more before making a decision lol... I still have my sights set on a 1911 pretty solidly ;)

Itsricmo said:

If overly glorified translates to way cooler, way more powerful, then yes it is over glorified as all hell. When I shoot it I always make sure I shoot it with the earth’s rotation…..the last time I forgot that tsunami took out that nuke plant in Japan…..sorry bout that , keep sending IPods and Playstations

oli700 said:
Itsricmo said:

If overly glorified translates to way cooler, way more powerful, then yes it is over glorified as all hell. When I shoot it I always make sure I shoot it with the earth’s rotation…..the last time I forgot that tsunami took out that nuke plant in Japan…..sorry bout that , keep sending IPods and Playstations

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, something like that is what I meant! :p

Itsricmo said:
L.E.S. said:
I can't deal with the feel of the Gen4 grips though...

I sort of have the same problem but I can get an extra mag or two with getting the 4... The Gen4 has interchangeable back-straps too... I will have to hold them a little more before making a decision lol...

To me the comfort and feel of the weapon is way more important than the accessories or extras. The Gen3 models are $20-$30 cheaper than the Gen4.

You can use the money you save to buy an extra mag... ;)

Magazines are back-ordered till at earliest, May... :/

I am still just looking at the Glocks and considering the MOD 19. I have to play around with them some more first and really figure out what I like. I know the 1911 fits awesome.. it is naturally comfortable I think lol.. If I can get that comfortable with a Glock I think I would have a serious contender! I need to get a LGS to let me put the largest palm swell back-strap and try the feel with that. Some have said that it feels similar to the 1911 with a regular Mainspring Housing, not the Flat.

Summit is out of LEO turn ins now but have 23s for $449 AND 24s for $649 - not one you see often 6.2" barrel!! Sweet.

That 23 looks nice, there is a good bit of 40cal ammo floating around. I saw a few of those long slide models at Grice's in PA yesterday, bottom shelf in the picture. I couldn't imagine hauling one of those around lol

Itsricmo said:
That 23 looks nice, there is a good bit of 40cal ammo floating around. I saw a few of those long slide models at Grice's in PA yesterday, bottom shelf in the picture. I couldn't imagine hauling one of those around lol
No but they are great shooters! I compete with a 34 (9mm) and a 22 - in 40 I will probably eventually get a 35 as some sports ban or put 24s in open as-built no further mods required.

I carry the 22 in winter away from work and the 34 on rare occasions (to and from events with proper cover) - with a Pearce +3 floorplate and one in the chamber I have 21 rounds on my hip - not a bad feeling! That setup WILL print under anything but a pretty good coat.

lol I was going to ask "How easily is that baby concealed??" but you answered that for me haha
PA is a Glorious Open carry state and few places around me are anti-gun... Walmart and the Mall are exceptions sadly.. my most traveled to destinations lol

Back