• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Glock

Based on that you are making a good decision. No, a GREAT decision!

But, if it was a Wingmaster I would have had to pause for a moment... not to keep, but to reconsider its value.

The 1300 is effectively a 500. It felt a bit shakier but otherwise was identical. I carried a 500 in Iraq and grew to love it. I've also never had a Winchester I really loved.

as long as your happy is what counts anyway, sounds good......I would have done it for a CZ, Glock ....nah, unless it burned 10mil

Sounds like your trade will work out nicely for you. Best of luck. Since your 870 was free it makes sense but otherwise I would have said the other party should add cash or something else to equal out the value. Ultimately as long as you are both happy with the end result good for you. I expect the obligatory pictures and subsequent range report on your new Glock.

Inever thought I'd like a piece of Glock tupperware but its slowly growing on me. I've got well over 500 rounds through mine now and I'm really digging those HD Trijicons. I still can't believe I spent that much on them but so far glad I did. It's good to go by my standards for self defense duties. Soon to be part of my EDC once I get off my butt and take the Texas mandated class and apply for the license. I've recently added the Pachmayr Tactical grip sleeve to it. The one real negative I had with this gun was the front finger groove texture. Just a touch uncomfortable without but now this helps tremendously for that purpose without adding any significant bulk to the grip. The addition of this slip on grip and each time out with more trigger time on the gun I'm getting better results on paper. My poor new FNP9 hasn't gotten the range time it deserves yet. This sucker has totally stole its range time allocation LOL.

The lightbulb went off that my favorite Gerber paraframe is a perfect match to this NIB coated slide and is already with me practically everywhere I go. The G23 will compliment it nicely as an addition to my EDC. Damn I've never really liked the black and silver combo on a firearm before till now. It was always tactical black but the silver is growing on me. For the next one if I do pickup another Glock ever its going to have be in an FDE frame. Maybe I need to seriously start watching out for a good deal on am FDE G19 to compliment this G23. Color in the collection is a good thing right? ;)

Speaking of silver complimenting the black I'm eyeballing the chrome dress up kit from Lonewolf. Also seriously considering trying out the 3.5 connector and possibly the NY1 trigger spring setup for a more traditional feeling DAO on this gun. While I'm getting better with the trigger I just don't like the stock Glock trigger feel. Fortunately its not much money to try the connector and spring combination. The chrome dress up pin and extended slide stop/takedown release would be a nice bonus addition if I'm already intending to take the gun apart for the connector and trigger spring replacement.

Last edited:
I looked at a few glocks and the first thing I thought was slide bite wasn't aware there was a fix for that!

Question....thoughts on 10mm 20sf for EDC? Went looking around on google quite impressed with case size!

Last edited:
Due to the OUTSTANDING reloading info I got on this forum I purchased the "most powerful Glock" G-20 Gen4 10mm
Glock20Gen4002_zps0bd0140d.jpg

Glock20Gen4001_zps4a2a570b.jpg

Bought a Box of the 180gr PPU and a box of PMC 200gr (very mild loads for the 10) and waiting for some Starline brass that's on backorder. Its taken me 20+ years to buy a Glock as I'm not that fond of the grip compared to other pistols and this one still feels HUGE and I'm 6'3" but I'm getting more comfortable by dry firing it. Time will tell if I turn into a Glock fanboy??????

You are in for some FUN now!!! Don't fire it directly east or you will slow the Earths rotation, affecting gravity and we'll all just float away.

I looked at a few glocks and the first thing I thought was slide bite wasn't aware there was a fix for that!

Question....thoughts on 10mm 20sf for EDC? Went looking around on google quite impressed with case size!

Well, plenty of men carry 5" Gov't 1911s for EDC. It just requires dressing around the gun.

And I've shot a LOT of GLOCKs over the last 15 years and I have never had slide bite from a stock gun. I don't know first hand of anyone who has had slide bite.

To be honest, GLOCK pistols are not my favorite. Nor my second favorite. But I have probably more respect for them and what they accomplish vs. my more-liked pistols so I will never be without GLOCKs around..

Last shift I worked (Thursday), I replaced my 1911 and 6365 duty holster with a GLOCK34 and it's similar Safariland 6365. Loaded it with eighteen 147-gr Federal HSTs which was more firepower than my 1911 and a spare magazine would give me. It gave me a very warm and fuzzy!

To be honest, GLOCK pistols are not my favorite. Nor my second favorite. But I have probably more respect for them and what they accomplish vs. my more-liked pistols so I will never be without GLOCKs around..

I couldn't have said it better, describes my sentiments to the TEE

Oli....man thats sweet I just you tubed a few 29 10mil vids and I'm very impressed! I'm gonna have to look around the LGS's to see what the availability is like in my area!

oli~~~~

I'm so glad that the G29 is a useable gun for you. Crimson Trace means you made a commitment!

Ten millimeter goodness, right my friend?

ithere is nothing righter my friend

I think I actually shoot ot better without the pinky extension.....wonder why that is?

+1 on Glock 10mm not being 1st or 2nd favorite gun, it will go ccw when bike riding (long trial thru swamp and black bear territory) and I have to many other choices for 2 legged critters that pack and feel twice as nice in the hand. The Glock however is simple rugged and 15 +1 rds of 10mm, can't argue with that.

I think I actually shoot ot better without the pinky extension.....wonder why that is?

Same for me with my 26.

I shoot low with the extension. With my pinky so close to the bottom it puts too much pressure on the extension and pulls the muzzle down and left...

cool, I didn't know if it was me having an odd day but I had some of my best shooting without it. I took the extension off of one mag to see if it printed less under my shirt , loosing it made it noticeably better for that but was worried I wouldn't shoot as good without it because I had them from the beginning, nice surprise and it was still plenty controllable.

I have never had slide bite either, but with my G30, I noticed the web of my hand was riding over the backstrap a little. I had the beavertail lying around so I installed it and liked it. I have it on my G22 just cause it came on it and I liked the feel.
As far as the G20 for EDC, I have EDC'd a G21 in cooler weather for years, a quality holster that pulls it in tight, a good gunbelt that won't let your pants fall down, a spare mag and light to balance everything out and you're GTG. I wear mine at the point just forward of 3 o'clock with a forward cant. The grip is hidden nicely under a jacket that way, even when bending over. For warmer weather, I carry it in a Desantis Intruder IWB hybrid under an untucked shirt. This holster fits every Glock I own.

Back