• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather here is chilly and a bit foggy but dry.

Yesterday I got all my final Christmas wrapping done and cleaned up the smoker so I can do the rib roast.

We always have everyone here on Christmas Eve, so I have to start the smoker soon.

This is my first time putting an expensive rib roast on the smoker. Wish me luck!

Are you old enough to remember when they did smellavision on Candid Camera?

There actually was no smell, but people were somehow convinced there was.
I was just a kid but I definitely remember that.

Candid Camera was in steady production and re-runs most of my youth.

Last edited:
I loved that show, but I missed most of them because we were always moving. I remember when they brought it back, but the production quality sucked.

We were frequently either traveling, waiting for our furniture, or for housing, or stationed somewhere remote with limited TV.

Because of that I saw half the TV of typical kids from 1960 to 1970’s (and beyond.) I read 3 times as many books. Lots of frozen days on the Canadian border etc.

Today was Christmas with my wife’s family.

3BCC977C-7EDB-4429-B583-FD0C3233D21A.jpegIf you like authentic Mexican food, it helps to have authentic Mexican relatives. That’s my third plate, so it was small…
DFC54877-3A91-4E30-AF82-370A218DF6E2.jpeg
Terrorist training camp. All with new hats, gloves etc.
E94E58D0-FC07-422E-A2B7-B90AA225B558.jpeg
Judy gets kidnapped.
AD4D05D7-2FBB-448F-801F-122B9E2CC3F4.jpeg

Hey youse guys . . .
I am back to working on my car. Digging out the bits and working on the crossmember design.

I bought a couple more steel tubes for rails to link the rest of the car to the rear subframe.
1783D9CB-8A61-44C6-9076-FF9BBDDBF70E.jpeg
I also cut and re-routed the old fuel line. Soon to be the vacuum line for a gage.
A0350F65-510C-469E-BF75-A1D52E591C42.jpeg
812E6284-29E9-48E4-B06E-8AB7A3C01988.jpeg

And we are fast approaching the end of another year. This one went fairly well for me, no complaints. Well, other than being a year older, lol. I must say it has been a pleasure being on here with all of you, old and new. A few have disappeared, hopefully to return. I dont frequent the forum as much as I'd like, but it always makes me feel better when I do.

Y'all have a great day and be safe.

As a relative newcomer, I've really enjoyed this venue and everyone in it. The knowledge base here helped me make educated choices about my first shotgun. As far as 2023 as a whole - good riddance. Health issues for the spouse and me, the death of a childhood friend, and other odds and ends that will have me up at midnight on 1/1 to stand up and yell HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Best wishes for everyone for 2024.

And we are fast approaching the end of another year. This one went fairly well for me, no complaints. Well, other than being a year older, lol. I must say it has been a pleasure being on here with all of you, old and new. A few have disappeared, hopefully to return. I dont frequent the forum as much as I'd like, but it always makes me feel better when I do.

Y'all have a great day and be safe.
Right back atchya brother!

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
This AM I had to take my wife for phys therapy again. 7 weeks since her surgery, and they are letting her use her arm a little.

She is still not allowed to drive.

The weather here is lovely, 58, and sunny.

I will try and work on my car a bit more today. I am still fussing with some design issues.

Cheers!

Back