• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning fellow MOers. 43 and windy this morning with a high overcast. We have another blast of cold air headed our way, should be here late Friday.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I'm so glad that I finished with the front doors on this house. I am very happy with how it all turned out, but it was way too much work. I should have just gone out and bought new doors instead of doing all that physical labor. I used paint stripper & scrapers to get everything off the steel security doors that you could not sandblast. Not only were there about 5 coats of lumpy paint on the wood doors but there was real damage and I had to do serious repairs with epoxy filler and fiberglass. Here I am sanding the primer.
11732.jpeg

I could have been sanding on my car instead of sanding on those doors. o_O

I still need to replace one rusty door handle.
11765.jpeg

It's going to be a nice day today but it looks like rain is coming in Friday and Saturday. Hopefully it will be a gentle rain because everything is in bloom right now.

11777.jpeg

Good morning Mossberg friends. 52 and cloudy this morning with a line of showers and thunderstorms approaching from the southwest. We could use some rain as we have not had any in over a week.

This is gunshow weekend for me. I'm heading there later this mornig, then all day Saturday and Sunday. I am not looking for anything in particular, just looking. It's called the Wannemacher, and is very large. They come to town every April and November.

Anyways, I hope yous all have a great day and weekend.

Mornin mossies....
Cad, I forgot about those steel screen security doors in Ca. I wish i had a picture of the one i made. Oh well.

Stay dry...

Well, the rains petered out to nothing so far & I think mostly are falling up around Sacramento right now.

Good morning Mossberg friends. Partly cloudy and cold (for us) this morning. 29 , and we actually have a trace of snow on the ground.

I spent 6 hours at the gun show yesterday and saw about a third of the exhibits. Didn't even get my wallet out of my pocket. I'm going back today and pick up where I left off.

I hope you all have a great day. Stay safe .

Okay it's raining steadily now in Fresno and it looks like we may get a good inch of rain or so.

I will probably putter around with my aquariums today and take my wife to the movies. Later on I will BBQ a pork loin roast on the patio.

I haven't fired up the WSM in quite a while. I'm marinating a big pork butt to go on the grill, and I dry-rubbed a big Choice tri-tip too.

They're both in the fridge right now and I just have to decide which one goes first.

Good morning MOers. Partly cloudy , no wind, and 32 this morning. Today our warm up begins.

Today is also the last day of the gun show. Yesterday was the biggest turnout I have seen in several years. The vendors selling AR-15s were incredibly busy. The prices at the show are all over the place.
I wasn't looking for anything in particular, just checking out prices. I did see some nice custom knives that I am going to take a closer look at today.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good afternoon you all.

I tried to order a gun through my friend, but no joy.

Our government has a left-hand that doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and his paperwork still isn't through the state.

Well I put that big tri-tip on the smoker today and we had a lovely dinner of steamed mixed vegetables and Mesquite smoked Choice dry rub Santa maria-style tri-tip.

I've been messing around with some new fish and working on improving my Sump System for the new 30 gal Aquarium. I'm also working on a better filter system for my oscar tank.

Right now I'm taking a break on the patio while I wait for some glue to dry and also avoiding work. I made a big mess of sawdust in the office with the hole saw, drilling on an aquarium stand.

I should have my experimental Sump System in the stand and running again within an hour or so.

Good morning MOF friends. We have partly cloudy skes this morning with 44 degrees. No wind to speak of. I checked the radar and it looks like we could have some rain later today. We need it again so that is welcome.

Well, the gun show is over and I think it was a success. I bought a couple of knives as gifts for my sons. Both are fixed blades with Damascus for steel. Other than that all I did was look.

I am watching the weather again for a possible trip to Omaha later this week. I have been wanting to get up there for about 5 weeks now but the weather has not cooperated. Perhaps this will be the week.

Have a great day and be safe.

mornin...I finally got my pc back. much much better than surfing on my tablet.

sposta get up to 45 today, but that's only around dinner time. I can't wait for actual spring time weather....

Good mornin Mossberg friends. Clear and 40 this morning in Tulsa. It looks like we are going to have a couple of nice days, then not as nice over the weekend. Funny how it works that way. Oh well, that's spring for ya.

I hope you all have a great day and stay vigilant.

Good morning friends.

I got my new Sump System up and running and it ran over night with no incident and passed all the tests until I decided that the flow rate was too low and I would improve it by adding a second pump.

This was a mistake on several fronts, and resulted in me overflowing the sump, due to the fact that I forgot to put an anti siphon bleed on the outflow from pump #2.

Ifyou've got two equal pumps below the tank and one pump stops, it becomes a siphon and it will back-flow more water than the running pump, causing your tank to slowly overflow the entire sump.

When it happened I didn't recognize the cause immediately and I pulled the main siphon, wanting an extra quart of water to go down the tube to the flooding sump and onto my floor.

Anyhow I was up very late last night cleaning up everything and rebuilding the entire Sump System for better performance and just one pump.

Mornin mossies...
Sunny and 33 at the moment. Sposta get warmer this weekend. Wooo.
Grandkiddoe is coming over today. He likes harry potter movies, so I have been trying to make some wands. I think I have the technique down.

26353.jpeg

I was playing around with the wood burning set on the handle part. I like that look.
I'll make a few more.
Cheers!

Good morning MOers. It's windy,sunny, and 58 here this morning. The next couple of days are supposed to be nice before turning cooler for the weekend. I was going to try to get up to Omaha this weekend, but with the weather forecast up there I decided to stay home again.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning MOF. Clear skies, windy as all get out, and 61 to start the day. The weekend is not shaping up as nice with highs only in the low 50s. I was really hoping for an upturn in the temps to stay with us. Oh well, it won't be much longer.

Not much going on today for me. I have a little painting on some wood trim in last room I have to paint, but it can wait till a rainy day. Maybe I'll go to a couple of sporting good stores and check out ammo prices.

Ya'll have a great day and stay vigilant.

Is it friday yet?

Mornin fellerz. going to get rainy later today. but for now, it's nice n sunny....

stay frosty....

Good morning MOers. I awakened to thunder and lightning this morning and 70 degrees. The wind is still blowing hard out of the south, about 20 mph. The wind has not been below 20 mph now for about 36 hours or so. We do need the rain though.

I have to take the dog to the vet about 9 am to have his leg checked and put a new brace on it. Poor dog, he had surgery December 13th and has had a brace on for most of the time since.

I hope you all have a great day. Stay vigilant and be safe.

What happened to your pooch meanie? We took our pooch in for a visit this week also. She's 8lbs over weight. Up to date on all her shots though. She has developed a limp with her front right leg. But I think that has to do with lack of exercise. She absolutely hates the cold weather and will refuse to go outside unless she really has to potty. Thankfully it's going to be warmer now. Well for a few days at least. We can get back to our daily walks down to the cornfields. She loves to run around down there.

We're going to the New England air museum today. I have never been there.
Link to collection of aircraft on display....
I was hoping to see the P51, but apparently it's in storage. :(
Oh well...

Good morning mossie fellers. Enjoy the day!

Back