• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning MOers. 67 and cloudy this morning in Tulsa. We are supposed to have thunderstorms roll through later this afternoon and evening. We just had the second coldest April on record for Tulsa, and no tornadoes in Oklahoma for the first time in April.

I spent the weekend in Omaha and visited kids and grandkids. The weather was pretty good except for the wind. I had a good time as always and the time went by way too fast. The drive back yesterday was under sunny skies, but the wind was blowing out of the south at 30 mph the whole trip.

Anyways, it good to be back home. Have a great day and stay safe.

Good to hear about the missing tornadoes Meanie. ;) I've seen a few and I don't like them.

Everything went pretty well with the birthday party and I got out to skate with the grandkids for the first time in a while. I was pretty exhausted from all of the furniture moving previously and so I didn't do much yesterday except put more coats of varnish on my latest aquarium stand.

20180430_195300_resized.jpg
This is a real cheap & easy job I built out of a discarded microwave cart and some glu-lam 1" Pine board. There are various other bits of Oak bamboo Maple and Poplar where you can't see them and the feet are made of redwood. I don't have more than $25 in the whole thing, and it's sturdy as hell because I put $5 worth of pocket screws in it. It's going to go on the right side, where you see that dark mission-style bookcase with the empty tank on top.
20180429_084334_resized.jpg

This used to be my home engineering office and computer gaming station, but I am out of that business now. I don't intend to keep all the aquariums in the same room but we are remodeling the kitchen and bathrooms and front hall, so all the fish tanks had to move.

If you look closely you can see eight vessels, 7 of which contain fish.

Good morning MOers. Cloudy skies again, but nno rain last night. The storms stayed up in Kansas. That suits me fine although we could use some rain.

I just read that a bank that holds two million shares of Ruger stock is going to vote against one of their board members because she is an NRA member, and they have demands that they want Ruger to meet. This onslaught against the NRA, the 2nd, and public companies is very disconcerting. The left, as we all know, has no respect for the 2nd, or the constitution for that matter.

I wonder, is it better to be vocal in support of the NRA and the 2nd, or go underground. Just random thoughts.

Anyways, have a great day and be safe.

Good morning MO friends. Raining this morning and 64 degrees. Thunder started last night about 10 and we have had rain off and on since. It will certainly help with the grass fires that have plagued the state for the past 3 weeks. Unfortunately for some it is too little too late.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. I was going to go to Academy Sports yesterday but got sidetracked with chores. Today perhaps Academy and or Sports World are on the agenda. I have been wanting to take a look at binoculars and they both have a nice selection.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

Mornin fellas...it's a nice 70° outside already. My kind of weather. I put in the gate posts yesterday, and today I need to make the door. The wife wants saplings on it to match her garden path entrance. I would rather use some white plastic mesh stuff.
SWMBO Over ruled....
back to hd to return it....maybe on tbe way I'll stop in at Cabelas...

Don't forget sunblock!

Good morning my friends.

Well the new stand is installed and the new 20 gal tank is up and running. It houses 7 female bettas.

The plastic tub underneath it has my quarantine fish. 6 jewel tetras.

Unfortunately I've been told that I must move one more aquarium and somehow I have to get it in the office.
20180502_135358.jpg

Anyhow the new stand is Rock Solid and for the $30 and time invested I'm very happy with it.

Mornin’ fellers! It’s 18C and another balmy day under sunny skies here. My bro has been in town and it’s been a good week. Went to Cabelas yesterday and picked up some fishing gear for the wifey and some ammo for turkey hunting.

Had brekkie out this morning and heading off for a short 5-6km hike.

Hope you guys have a great day!

Good morning Mossberg owners. Partly cloudy and 63 this morning. The rain has moved east and we are looking at a very nice weekend with temps in the low 80s.

We are going to the lake this afternoon for the weekend. Not sure what I'll do , but it will be nice to reconnect with folks we haven't seen since last fall.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Stay safe and vigilant.

Good morning guys and gals.

morning fellas...warm day today. . . .
Thanks man...it's called leopard wood....
I thought that was hard Maple & it looks very nice Rip.

I got the sump installed in the cabinet under the 55 yesterday.

20180503_180757_resized.jpg

Also I moved the 16 so I could bring the 30 into my office from the living room.
20180503_201211_resized.jpg
It took a lot of time to reconfigure my cabinet and extend the hoses and adjust the plumbing so that everything would win quietly & not overflow.

I spent all of yesterday working on that plus other aquariums and I still have one more to move. I'm going to do that today.

I did not plan to have a fish room.

I did not plan to have six aquariums (plus three sumps & a quarantine tank) and I still have a 55 that sit's dry.

My plan was to consolidate everything to the two 55's and 1 small quarantine tank, but instead I got involved in a round-robin series of hydrological experiments and biological challenges.

Those of you who have known me for a while will not be surprised. I've learned a lot doing all of this and in a very short time. More than I've learned really in 45 years of casual fishkeeping.

Well I'm a little sore today but I get lots of exercise. This is my goal. How I get it is often a matter of amusement. ;)

You guys keep your powder dry and I'll keep mine out of the fish room. ;)

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg friends. We are at the lake for the weekend. It's sunny and 50, but should be low 80s for a high today.

Not much planned except relax.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

Mornin fellas. It's a breezy 60° so far.
I wish ma nature would pick a season and stick with it. Spring or summer. Not both....

Have a great day...

Good evening folks.

I spent today mostly moving furniture and preparing for the demolition guys.

We still don't have a firm schedule but I want to be ready to go at the drop of a hat.

This is what it looks like in my office now that I moved in the final aquariums and stands.

11928.jpeg
The one I moved yesterday looks kind of dark because the lights are turned off.

It houses four serpae, a male betta, a 7-inch plecostomus, and a mystery snail.

To the right of that, the new 10-gallon tetra quarantine tank sits below a 20 gallon betta sorority tank (7 female bettas.)

To its left is the 16 bowfront which currently only houses one male betta.

The Oscar is the only fish in my 55 long and he is nearly 10" long now.

The other 30 tall on the far left in the photo houses a 6in plecostomus, a male betta, a 2in albino plecostomus, and 7 assorted corydoras catfish.

The two thirties and the 55 all run 10 gallon sump tanks, while the 16 and the 20 run hang-on filters. The 10 the 16 and the 20 also all run various foam filters.

Last edited:
I really need to get 40 gal tank up n running....

Back