• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Control Super Bowl Ad

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mayo ... d-18388225

" A gun control group founded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is airing an advertisement during the Super Bowl calling for background checks.

The 30-second spot by Mayors Against Illegal Guns will air in the Washington area during the third quarter of the game between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers.

The ad calls on lawmakers to pass rules requiring background checks on guns. It is narrated by children, with "America the Beautiful" playing in the background.

It includes decades-old footage of National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre saying the gun lobby group approves of the checks. LaPierre recently testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that the NRA no longer supports background checks for all gun sales.

A Bloomsberg spokesman would say only that the ad cost in the six-figure range.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns is a coalition of more than 800 mayors from 44 states.
"

"It is narrated by children, with "America the Beautiful" playing in the background."
^^^That is just wrong on so many levels. Where is our 6 figure ad against gun control? They say a bunch of stuff on Facebook, and around on other sites...but really, What are you going to do?, I ask of the NRA?
:x

This crap has to stop. The NRA is one entitiy, even if nationally but they are after all a lobby in large sense.

They seem incapable of bein able to fight this in any effective way. I see almost nothing coming from them, there needs to be far more public activity from pro 2A organizations large enough to fight back and yet we hear nothing but silence in opposition.

Rip he is a self made piece of chit liberal turned republican just to run for mayor. everything i see him do is for some self motavative reason. he's half a nut job with his 16oz soda laws and a ton of crazy chit.

they use the children to get to all the sheep. thank

God i don't live in the city.

Rossi,,,take a look around us.thats how these mutts operate.they put the spin on everything.
"must be bush's fault".know what i mean......

so we have politicians using media who are using children to market to people who are more concerned if Beyonce is lip sinking than they are concerned about our government trying to disarm its people while we are actively being threatened by a nuclear warhead baring country backed by a super power that we are in debt to.....or am I missing something ?

oli700 said:
so we have politicians using media who are using children to market to people who are more concerned if Beyonce is lip sinking than they are concerned about our government trying to disarm its people while we are actively being threatened by a nuclear warhead baring country backed by a super power that we are in debt to.....or am I missing something ?

that's it ......

Attachments

• Nutshell.gif
    Nutshell.gif
    14 KB · Views: 236
oli700 said:

That sounds about right...

Sure hope Bloomberg is footin the bill- he can afford it. He's nothing but a strike-breaking rich bag of hot air. Usually it's the transit workers, now it's school bus drivers.

Additionally, this type of ad shows what they are really after. It's the data mining! Most of this started after 9/11 and I'm not just talking about the Patriot Act. It's the stuff the N.S.A. is doing rooting around in phone and internet traffic. Since most of the tele-communication switches run through the U.S., the back-door entry into all that data - domestic & foreign- provided W & now Obie with tons of information about anyone they choose. Now add domestic gun ownership to data being mined...

BTW- did everyone see that Obama is a skeet shooter up at Camp David. Just Google it: he has a nice O/U with ported barrels. Maybe that's a freebie from one of his wealthy backers- I would have liked to see him missing the "bird". For all we know, he could be shooting at a stationary target.

Simon6313 said:
Sure hope Bloomberg is footin the bill- he can afford it. He's nothing but a strike-breaking rich bag of hot air. Usually it's the transit workers, now it's school bus drivers.

BTW- did everyone see that Obama is a skeet shooter up at Camp David. Just Google it: he has a nice O/U with ported barrels. Maybe that's a freebie from one of his wealthy backers- I would have liked to see him missing the "bird". For all we know, he could be shooting at a stationary target.

^^^^yup
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=6717&p=87596&hilit=left#p87596

It's all for the children!...what a bunch of crap. They will stoop as low as they need and tell any lie they want and not get called on it. The mayors of the cities around here, Lancaster, York, Reading and Harrisburg all belong to the Moron Mayors Club of Bloomberg wannabees.

They seem incapable of bein able to fight this in any effective way. I see almost nothing coming from them
I wondered about the NRA too but was glad to read the info. in this thread I just started.
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&p=87717#p87717

rjpoog1989 said:
oli700 said:

That sounds about right...

oh, ok cool....just checking

super bowl has always been a high traffic advertisement area.

Reach as many people as possible at a time.

And the later in the game it is aired, means more people will be tuned in to see the outcome of the game and will see the ad.

I truthfully hadn't planned on watching the game anyway.

I am going to use it as an excuse to drink heavily

Oli, good plan...I think I may join you in that effort.

Let's not forget...the two teams represent to anti gun states! The Peoples Republics of Maryland and California. For those that have never been there, MD has areas named from before the Revolution. Places like Prince George's County.

carbinemike said:
I am going to use it as an excuse to drink heavily

Oli, good plan...I think I may join you in that effort.

Let's not forget...the two teams represent to anti gun states! The Peoples Republics of Maryland and California. For those that have never been there, MD has areas named from before the Revolution. Places like Prince George's County.

not to mention st. mary's 1637
libs heaven.

I suggest switching the channel so they can see the decline in viewership.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Simon6313 said:
Sure hope Bloomberg is footin the bill- he can afford it.

I just saw that the superbowl ad spots cost 3.1 million for 30 seconds....... :shock:

Back