• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gun Control Super Bowl Ad

Sun Tsu: The Art of War said:
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is superior in strength, evade him. If your opponent is tempermental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

I've studied his texts as well. It's amazing that these fundamental truths held in a 2000+ year old manuscript carry as much weight now as they did when it was written...

- The US government is not weak, they are not on the ropes - not even the faction threatening 2A
- Even if they are retreating / repositioning, the leaders of this attack have not changed their views
- They have to be isolated in a corner, labeled for ALL to see what they have done and removed from office
- It is a time to redouble our efforts, they want the push back to stop, sorry! Not going to happen - not from me!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is superior in strength, evade him. If your opponent is tempermental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

I've studied his texts as well. It's amazing that these fundamental truths held in a 2000+ year old manuscript carry as much weight now as they did when it was written...

Just as all cats are grey in the dark….a human will always be a human

While I agree that it is amazing how Sun Tsu's writings hold true even to this day I think a far more important bit of reading to give you an idea of the mentality of the current administration is Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals".

There's another reason for working inside the system. Dostoyevsky said that taking a new step is what people fear most. Any revolutionary change must be preceded by a passive, affirmative, non-challenging attitude toward change among the mass of our people. They must feel so frustrated, so defeated, so lost, so futureless in the prevailing system that they are willing to let go of the past and chance the future. -Saul Alinsky

This is the mentality that drives many of these people and their decisions. They understand that they have the ability to force change down the throats of the American people if they wish, but that runs counter to what they TRULY want.....which is the praise and adoration of a public that views them as their "saviors". We're all smart enough to understand that if the government wanted to disarm the general public that there are ways to do it that wouldn't require the support or approval of Congress. Semi-automatic weapons could simply be reclassified as an NFA Class III weapon, requiring registration, ownership approval and a tax stamp. Many people would surrender theirs simply because of the cost of keeping them. Certain calibers of ammunition could be reclassified as Destructive Devices.....making that ammo essentially illegal to possess. I don't think that either of those moves would require the approval of Congress, just a rewrite of ATF policy. If the Government wanted to take away the guns they very well could attempt it......but they don't want to take them away. They want us to hand them over voluntarily. They want to be our saviors. They need to feel appreciated.

I also expect to see another large shooting in the very near future, or a large "domestic terrorism" plot uncovered.
But the thing I expect to see the most is an increased social stigmatization of gun owners and an increase in anti-gun media focus. They have proven over the past few decades how effective this tactic is......look around you and think about things that are considered socially acceptable now that the majority of the country was against not that long ago. Attitudes on many of these things have changed, not because of acceptance, but because it was put forth that being against these issues was backwards, abnormal and hateful. That same plan will work just as well in taking something from its current acceptance to being rejected by society.

Tim4k5 said:
While I agree that it is amazing how Sun Tsu's writings hold true even to this day I think a far more important bit of reading to give you an idea of the mentality of the current administration is Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals".

I just read that not too long ago. It is quite the playbook for a lot of what we see.

MikeD said:
I just read that not too long ago. It is quite the playbook for a lot of what we see.

Yes it is......These clowns don't even bother "altering the plays" for the most part. It's like their operational planning manual but for some reason the "political leaders" of the opposition party are too stupid to realise it.

Tim4k5 said:
MikeD said:

Yes it is......These clowns don't even bother "altering the plays" for the most part. It's like their operational planning manual but for some reason the "political leaders" of the opposition party are too stupid to realise it.

What if...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLrK9NmfM4[/youtube]

Edit URL Added: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLrK9NmfM4

Can't get the video to play on my phone and the Doctor doesn't want me climbing stairs yet to get on the computer but Judge Napolitano is one of the guys who actually gets it. He's one of the guys I would like to see run for office someday....

Tim4k5 said:
Can't get the video to play on my phone and the Doctor doesn't want me climbing stairs yet to get on the computer but Judge Napolitano is one of the guys who actually gets it. He's one of the guys I would like to see run for office someday....

I added the URL if that helps. It's an older video but he makes some interesting points, not necessarily about guns but about politics in general.

Here is one area where I'm fairly knowlegable. I'll reply in red

Semi-automatic weapons could simply be reclassified as an NFA Class III weapon

Not without being voted into law. It would take congress to rewrite it because as it stands, current NFA reg's are very clear and defined.

They have not been touched since the Hughes Amendment in 1986, which as historical footage recently uncovered clearly shows it being railroaded through against the vote and although while it has been the law of the land, it is rather evident from the dissenting voice vote, they were determined to call it law, even though in reality, it should not have passed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkpj-ihZ3aA[/youtube]

, requiring registration, ownership approval and a tax stamp.

While I have heard a few mentions of this, I think it is unlikely to pass, although just like the U.N. gun ban, they will keep submitting their agenda until someday it will pass.

Go ahead and mark the tape.

Many people would surrender theirs simply because of the cost of keeping them.

Maybe in some area's of the country, and surely some people would, but I feel the vast majority will not follow an unconstitutional law. Whether they are lost in a boating accident, buried in their flower garden, or whatever, I feel the majority of people would not willingly surrender their lawfully owned property.

Certain calibers of ammunition could be reclassified as Destructive Devices.....making that ammo essentially illegal to possess.

Again, would require a rewrite of existing laws.

On a sidenote, did you know that gatling guns are legal. Even 20mm Hotchkiss gatling cannons.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkOP8Lwdmgg[/youtube]

Oh, and don't forgot regular smooth bore artillery cannons.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TInJhyUTOEY[/youtube]

Flamethrowers too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4u1FA_21Gg[/youtube]

Good points John, I'm not sure how much leeway there is as far as changing definitions goes for the NFA stuff. Don't know if it would require a whole new law or if it could be done as an ammendment to current law, you know....something buried on page 383 of some completely unrelated bill that is a "must pass" issue (not that they would ever do that :) )

While I agree that as of right now there is a large segment of the population that would refuse to turn over their firearms to the government that is why I expect to see a solid campaign stigmatizing gun owners. It won't happen overnight, but the entire liberal/progressive plan of social engineering is patient and unyielding. They are perfectly fine with something taking a generation or two to phase out or change. Think it can't happen? Take a look at how much the overall public opinion on homosexuality has changed in just two generations.......not only is it seen as acceptable now but people are openly chastised for speaking out against it. It wouldn't take long for an engineered shift of opinion on gun ownership to have it being viewed as an abnormality. Sure, you will still have people who own guns and continue on with tradition but I'm afraid thet could quickly become the exception rather than the rule. Gun owners could slowly become a smaller and smaller percentage of the population, to the point that their voices are easily drowned out.

I really do hope I'm wrong on this, and hate sounding like a pessimist at times like this.....but I'm also aware of how affective the other sides methods are. Give them enough time and they will have people begging for more laws and regulations. We HAVE to start pushing back against this now and be aware of what is going on. We need to make sure more and more people have their eyes opened and keep them open.....They figured out that We the People aren't quite ready to roll over yet with this current AWB push so they'll just hibernate a bit until more people are ready to accept the change.

Thanks for the link Mike. I'm still a bit banged up from my surgery Friday and can't get to my PC.....Thank God for smartphones or I'd be going insane about now....lol

Back