• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

So what if I shipped "on loan" to a NY resident a single stage press, some .38-Spl cases, and lead in the form of 'already molded and shaped pieces', along with a set of reloading dies for .38-Spl and a set of Lee powder dippers to get around the issue of a weighted scale... and that resident already had powder and primers. What would happen? Could OM and WM trade that shipment back and forth and both borrow it for a while?

No laws against any reloading supplies or components. Those items can be shipped to your door. :)

I like your thinking Nitesite.

@carbinemike Is it legal in PA for an out of stater to buy ammo and leave the state?
I know PA has some fireworks laws that state you can't leave the state with them.
Mossy, WM is correct. No store in PA that I know of asks you where you live for buying ammo. They are glad for the business. I would suggest cash since "big brother" is tracking credit card purchases. The gun shows I hit quarterly in York, PA are have a lot of attendees from Maryland that come up to buy ammo and 30 round magazines. Cabela's actually had 4 ammo cans filled with 50 BMG for sale. I had to laugh. I never saw that in a retail store before.

I pray PA continues to hold out against the liberal politicians from Philly and Pittsburgh areas. Again, if I can help any of you NY guys let me know. It's a shame I'm so close to MD instead of NY.

Buddy of mine is torn between a kimber model and para ordinance. Don't know much about para ordinance. Any quality issues? Or are kimbers much better?

Either one, there's a couple things I'd look for.

1. Any stress points that haven't been relieved, especially around the slide/frame - no sharp edges.
2. Trigger feel
3. Magazine fit/drag

He should find someplace that will have rentals of both that he can shoot to try out.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DON"T LET HIM BUY THE PARA ORDNANCE!!!

...ok now that I've got that off my chest, how old is the Para? If it was made prior to 2009 it should be good to go. Any newer than that and he might as well fit a dried turd with a grip safety...

12980365755_8ca8f2b592.jpg

12980507243_80ae7bc867.jpg

Like it… gonna frog lube it tonight and put in the trigger assembly to drop the trigger weight tonight.

Check out this trigger though…. I originally thought it was carbon but it seems to be the trigger is "burnt" Anyone know why this is?

12980367475_22b547d7b3.jpg

12980509723_d0d805a53b.jpg

Not sure why that is, but the triggers never get the same finish or polish as the rest of the gun. I'm sure nite will be able to shed more light on the situation...

It is a faux "color case hardened" look.

Older S&Ws had colored hammers and triggers done by putting them in red-hot bone and charcoal, which put a blue/black swirling on the parts. When S&W went to MIM parts, they could no longer case harden those items so they try to chemically mimic the look.

It's fine. Nothing to worry about.

Very nice WM.

,I'm glad you knew what that was with the trigger. I was just typing that it looked like an unfinished heat treated part. I didn't realize that they used MIM on triggers.

WM, what's the under and over on how long it will take you to break it in?

took my 38 super auto out to shooting this weekend, I always forget how nice 1911's shoot.......I mean its no CZ but they are cool

Back