• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Here are a few pics of one of my AR15 rifles

Oh, sorry my friend! It's very hard to say; they each have unique positives which you nailed perfectly.

I'd have to say the CompM4s for its diabolical strength and great adjustment knob and 30mm lens.

I really think it's pretty well designed and isn't as bad as what I feared.

The SOCOM rifles are much louder!!!!

Oh, and AK~~~

I think the Micro T-1 (or really the H-1 for 99.9999% of situations) with a LaRue mount is an absolutely fantastic setup. Anybody who shoots both eyes open is extremely well-served with the Micro sight. And they can take a friggin' beating, can't they????

The Micro is offered in a 2-MOA and a 4-MOA and the 4-MOA is very popularly considered to be closer to a 3.25-MOA which I agree with. It (the actual dot) looks barely bigger (to me) than the 2-MOA CompM4 and PRO dots that I have on other rifles. I really don't know how it could possibly be a double-wide dot. I'm thinking marketing. Harder to sell the choice between a 2-MOA and a 3.25-MOA.

If the CompM4s didn't exist I would be totally cool with the Micro. If I was hilkng a ridgeline with a full load-out the MICRO is the bomb. But I won't have to haul my ass and long gun for days on end or over miles and miles of terrain so I don't mind the half-pound difference! On my "forward-heavy" MBR the MICRO is the best choice and if I had only one Aimpoint that I needed to switch back and forth between several guns the MICRO is definitely my #1 choice.

But, on my AR "primary gun" (which is NOT an MBR) I'm really glad I have the tough CompM4S because of the dot adjustment knob more than anything. Plus, it's reported that the tube on the PRO is extruded aluminum instead of a machined Comp sight body.

Other than those cost savings differences, the PRO is a really good optic::: however... my other tie-breaker(s) are:

(1) that the PRO brightness adjustment knob is much more exposed to shock and impacts and it also has less-positive-feeling clicks and is smaller in diameter. And...

(2) the PRO elevation and windage knob caps are completely exposed to hard knocks, whereas the CompM4S caps are better protected from pounding. It might not make a difference but I just have to believe that all the knobs and caps and such are superior on the CompM4S compared to a PRO.

Last edited:
COMPM4S = Built from the ground up to be an AR/M4 integrally-mounted optic. Will improvise and adapt to many other large platforms.

MICRO T-1/H-1 = Not built for any particular platform; intended use totally based on ordering specific mount(s). Pistol/Revolver up to M2 .50-cal BMG.

Back