• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

HOO-WEE ~ We are going to get some terrible weather on Thursday.

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Four,, and possibly six inches of rain in a 24-hour period.
60-70 mph winds
Large hail
Strong Tornadoes possible
Flash flooding
Power outages

What else could go wrong?

It's forecast to blow through here later tomorrow evening too, depending on whether or not the computer models are correct. I think they are only saying we may have a slight chance for tornado though still some damaging wind and a lot of rain and flood warmings, but it's the same system. If they start kicking up tornadoes in one place, they often bounce across several states in the path.

Stay safe buddy and keep a watch on the sky.

Temp has warmed up about 10 or 12* since yesterday. That's usually a strong indicator that Spring is here. And along with it, the bad storms start kicking off for the year. Especially where the hot and cold systems meet.

Just watch out for a woman riding by on a bicycle with a picnic basket with a little brown dog in it.

Some idjit set the mountains on fire near here. And the wind has been gusting all day.

164909215_2920734714811362_76784226986735305_o.jpg

Still getting some gusty wind, but not enough to hurt anything, except to spread the fire.

The fire that was about 8 miles away last night, is now the next lane over. I was awakened early this morning to the sound of fire trucks and division of forestry. I guess the embers got stoked up more than I expected they would.

I'm not surprised the fire has spread, I just didn't expect it to travel this far at once.

The last of the rain is leaving us. The storms stayed just to our south for the most part.

John I hope the rain get to you quickly. I'm sure the firefighters could use some help from Mother Nature with a fire that big.

It's heavy overcast. No rain at the moment though.

Just to the west of us and incoming. Looks like we're going to be right in the middle of it in about a half hour.

upload_2021-3-25_9-30-15.png

Well, that was thankfully very unclimatic

Thundered once. Rained about an hour and a half. Temp cooled off substantially today.

But that was about it.

I'm not going to say that I'm disappointed. I'm grateful it was a nothing-burger.

More supposed to move through in about 2 hours, but so far has just been a light spring shower.

Yep, it's out. We had a decent steady rain for about 2 hours.

I had the dog bowl sitting out in the yard at the bottom of the back steps so my dog doesn't have to come all the way in when we're all outside. It was completely empty this morning, now it's about 1/2" from over-flowing.

I'm not entirely sure what they are having at the moment. I haven't watched the news.

I hope they are all doing OK though.

Yep. @LAZY EYED SNIPER is in the vicinity too. As well I'm sure are others.

Prayers sent.

I just got back and looked at the news. Looks like a pretty large tornado hit near Birmingham.

Also read where an officer was hit with lightning while putting up road barricades too. They said he was in stable condition.

Back