• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How would You make the Presidential election Fair?

CaddmannQ

Will TIG for Food
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
That's it. That's my question.
With all the different methods and places of voting in a presidential election this system of election becomes rather complicated.

What in the world should be done to make it simple and reliably Fair?

Don't consider dirty tricks or the corrupt media, but only the act of voting itself and then Counting the votes.

How do we secure that event, when it is actually comprised of millions of individual events, broadly distributed across the millions of Acres of the United States & our foreign posts and possessions?

I started to do that too, then I decided we needed another topic. ;)

Obama has been giving them away TO ILLEGALS like jellybeans for years.

Anyhow, my question is "how do we stop the hacking of the vote count"?

And how do we make sure after the fact that the machines weren't hacked? that the count is genuine?

Last edited:
Very difficult. I do think a picture ID is a good place to start. Every bit of information on that ID should match the registration, period. No excuses about moving or forgetting. If a person can't get properly identified and registered then they can wait till the next election.

I would poison Hillary's coffee? (oops, thinking out loud again...;)) Just Kidding, BTW! :rolleyes:

I just had a nightmare about Hillary being poisoned but elected president anyway, kind of like Weekend at Bernie's.

The problem is that there is no system that can be created without human interaction. Humans can be corruped. Whether in writing the code for the polling machines or in counting them. All you can do is apply layers of checks and balances, but looking at the level of deceit and corruption we see today even multiple double blind checks could be compromised.

Funny we have backed ourselves into a corner where no matter who wins, the other will claim a rigged election. Even the people responsible for the corruption are questioning the outcome of their own corruption.

If the US was a computer we would have reloaded the OS years ago.

Is there is some way to print out the entire programming code when the machines are first booted up before taking any votes, and just prior to be shut down so it could be compared to ensure that nothing has been inserted, removed, or changed, etc?.

I mean the program printed out in its' entirety in full view with copies given to all interested people who want to view it, and then a copy submitted with the vote tallies, and a further signed/verified copy stored with the machine to compare it with the next time they are used for comparison to ensure no tampering while in storage.

That would calm some of my suspicions about fraud by programming, but I still believe the US should issue each citizen a voter card. And it would have to be verified they are a citizen and that the info is true and correct. As of now, and in years past, there have been too many instances to believe that voter fraud by individuals may be an even bigger issue, but I surely don't trust electronic poll machines at all.

Especially any that have remote access/capability.

Typically machines do not contain full source code, they only contain compiled objects. Without actually seeing the code one would not be able to tell what it is doing or if it is doing something different then then whatever source code could be provided.

It's true. And a trojan horse could be compiled into the code that would also thwart efforts to decompile.

Anyhow if these machines were vetted for security by the DOJ, or the DHS, or the FBI, I'd toss them in a vault for forensic study until after the election, and force everyone to use paper to vote.

ARE YOU VOTING BY STATE COMPUTER NETWORK?

https://www.verifiedvoting.org/verifier/

“The money’s not there right now,” says Norden. “We interviewed election officials who told us what they were hearing from their state legislators and others who would be funding this type of equipment, and they say come back to us after there’s some kind of crisis.”

Last edited:
Interesting question. I'll need to think about this one a bit. But as long as there are lifetime politicians, there will always be election corruption.

Here we are over a week past the election and some states are still counting votes. If the electoral college were very close I would be very worried about the outcome being altered.

We have until Dec 8 to keep counting.

Still millions of paper votes to count here.

Back