• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How would You make the Presidential election Fair?

Probably still voting in some heavily democratic states...
They needed time to print more absentee ballots for all the dead people they missed.

To add to my earlier comment, money or funding is the biggest obstacle for many qualified candidates. There either needs to be a limit on how much each candidate can spend or any/all money raised should be put into a pool that ALL candidates can draw from equally. PACs and Super PACs need to be banned or outlawed as this invites what should be illegal donations.

Primary delegates for each party will be equal to the number of Senators and HOR members and will be required to vote equal to the percentage of votes each candidate received. This will cause a bit of a numbers problem the closer you get to the party's convention but numbers games can be fun. The "owner" of the votes that is no longer in the race can choose where they go.

In the general election, instead of all or nothing, electoral votes will also be counted as a percentage of the votes (yes, Clinton may have one this election this way). However, the electoral college numbers need to be redistributed a bit more evenly. Yes, CA has more people than AK but the residents of AK deserve to have the candidates campaign there as well. All the candidates ignore the small states and focus only the large ones.

Cancel the months long early voting. One week prior is sufficient. Move election day to Saturday and have Election Week. Mandatory ID requirements are needed. If they have to have an ID to go to the Welfare or SS office they have to have one to vote. Period.

If you are not registered in the location you live you will not be given a Provisional ballot just because you moved/don't know where to vote/etc. There is plenty of time to verify your registration and voting location prior to voting.

Voting is a right but part of me is starting to think it should be a reward or privilege that is earned. Too may people think they can ignore the right then bitch about the outcome. Tie it to something that is extremely important, like your other rights. I think of the movie Starship Troopers where you need to serve to be a Citizen who then has extra rights and privileges. A bit extreme but it follows my point.

As long as there are politicians (a necessary evil), there will be corruption. As long as there is an imbalance in wealth and candidate funding, there will be corruption.

Back