• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

If the US was invaded, would you answer a call to arms

If the US was invaded, would you answer a call to arms?

• Yes

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nobody messes with M.O.M.
M.O.M kicks ass.

When it comes to bickering Americans and an emeny, I compare it to kids. I picked on my kid sister a lot and we fought like cats and dogs at home but I had her back 100% on the playground or neighborhood.

From Charlie Daniels "In America", 1980:
Well the eagles been flying slow, and the flag's been flying low, and a lotta people say that America's fixing to fall.
But speaking just for me, and some people from Tennessee (L.E.S.?), we got a thing or two to tell ya all.
This lady may have stumbled, but she ain't ever fell.
And if our enemies don't believe that, they can all go straight to hell.
We're gonna put her feet back on righteousness and then, God bless America again.

^ Charlie's ranch is just down the road.

We use the same LGS and the last rifle he bought was the Rossi Circuit Judge. Anyway I'm still a Texan at heart, but I remember the great State I live in now sent a few Volunteers of their own to help us Texans out one time. Didn't end so well for those involved, but it took the tragedy at the Alamo to rally others to stand and fight at San Jacinto against the Mexican occupation.

Texas became a Nation shortly after.

We were annexed by the U.S. in 1845 and our FREEDOM has been on a downhill slope ever since. We Texans have caught a lot of guff over the years for being a cocky bunch, but hell we were born of INDEPENDENCE. Some old habits die hard I guess...

What I really wanna say here;
I feel we've already been invaded. Its the same philosophy and tactics of the muslim brotherhood. I don't believe the muslim brotherhood is any different than any other radical terror group out there. I won't mention the names of the groups because I can't properly spell them and they aren't worth the time to look up. But. What the muslim brotherhood does is to use legitimate elected positions to fundamentally transform their got's into a sharea state. (Spelling? I dunno...)

I believe, my opinion, radicals in our govt holding elected offices are doing the same thing. BHO has already said he wants to fundamentally change our govt, the Constitution is an impedement, and that he wants to consolidate power to the executive branch.

Everyone here has heard of "prepping", our fedeal govt is the biggest prepper of them all. All that ammo the DHS is buyin up, indefinite detention of terror suspects... sounds like they're ready for a US invasion. From the inside.

From the inside.

Rossignol, the above was another great post. "From the inside" and mentions of how the muslum brotherhood operates reminded me that we also have muslums in our country pushing for sharia law to supercede the Constitution for them. Al Gore just sold his cable network to middle east propaganda broadcaster Al Jazeera setting them up to operate here. While I would never tell someone how to worship, don't come here and tell me that you will live outside the Constitution.

We have been under ideological attact for some time now. Isn't that how it often starts?

IF it ever came to a war, I would not hesitate to defend my rights, my children's future, their love of shooting and hunting, my passion for this hobby would be 2nd in mind to theirs.
They know what the Gov't is doing is wrong, and they are 16, 14, and 12 respectively. They want to fight NOW for their future, but I tell them no, they certainly don't need the trouble at their ages... Its a good feeling to know though, that they have the desire and drive to stand up and fight for what's right.

Semper Fi my brothers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

"...If the US was invaded, would you answer a call to arms..."

Do we know some folks who wouldn't? :( Take care. Tom Worthington.

I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country, They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserves neither liberty or safety. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. I am all in

Tom396 said:

Actually, I know some who probably wouldn't. And even if they would, don't have any guns to defend with so they'd be as useless as water droppers trying to drain the ocean.

They'd run with their tails between their legs, hoping some fool would cover them long enough for them to get out of the area. And praying the whole while to the Gov't to send aid and assistance.

Now, to reveal the REAL purpose of this post.

The replies in the poll, while strictly unscientific, show the majority of gun owners would STILL fall within the boundaries of the peoples' militia in my simple understanding of the subject.

I have no doubts that nearly all gun owners would almost overwhelmingly answer yes to the question whether they would take up arms to defend our Country, and this little poll, on this little gun forum, simply reinforced that in my opinion.

And also reinforces the notion that while even though we're hunters and collectors as well, Gov't should not try to draw the line drawn in the sand by legal definition that differentiates between sporting, hunting, and Army.

The 2A is not simply about hunting, it is not simply about shooting at paper targets during the olympics. It is a far greater responsibility.

And I am proud and honored to know each and every one of you.

I'm not so sure we haven't already been invaded repeatedly and most recently. My descendants were here before the battle for independence on one side, the other side walked in the Trail of Tears. I served once for the USA and I would serve again to protect what they do desperately try and destroy, our right to self government, religious freedom, states rights and the rights set forth in the Constitutions of our states and our country. Anyone out there ever read "The Dick Act"? It was later modified to make our State National Guard part of the US military reserves and forced them to overseas assignments.

Read your Constitutions both US and your home state.

Well we as gun owner's are our country's last line of defense. Some of the government and liberals think not but truefully we are and we have always been. The American patroit has always been our enemies worse nightmare. Ask King George how that worked out for him :lol: . And also ask the Japanese why they did not invade our homeland. If we put fear into invading countries back then, the same goes now. Btw, many of us fear about attack from above and tanks and such. Well I know many has things to take care of those also. I believe we would have a much harder time defending against a zombie invasion rather then from a invading country or own government. Lock n load.....

JA…..This is interesting. I hope your right. I have been a little taken about how lightly some of my acquaintances are taking this……..not here but in my community. I am not convinced…..but I hope your right. I will concentrate on my own courage first.

Tom396 said:

I know people that would not. I have many friends that do not own guns of any kind. Not necessarily anti gun, just not their thing.

And even some of the ones that would, would not until it hit their street or front door.

If someone invaded CA or NY, or MA I wouldn't bother getting out of my recliner. Oh wait, nevermind they already have been invaded by the armies of stupid.

You bet your Sweet Ass I would! I would be all for showing some Commies a one way ticket back home! :twisted:

I just saw Fienstein say that AR's are more deadly then other weapons because of their "Assault Weapon Style" :lol: :lol: :lol: I forgot that Black Plastic increased your Damage/Kill Potential like the spoiler increases Horse Power on a Honda Civic :lol: :lol: :lol:

Towmaster21 said:
If someone invaded CA or NY, or MA I wouldn't bother getting out of my recliner. Oh wait, nevermind they already have been invaded by the armies of stupid.
I feel so bad for the good like minded people in those states, they are severly outnumbered.

oli700 said:
Towmaster21 said:
I feel so bad for the good like minded people in those states, they are severly outnumbered.

I resemble that remark. Seriously though, I believe the "Zombie Apacolips" would happen here in California before anywhere else. If something did hit the fan, 3 days and the zombies are out, a few weeks and they will start dying off. The mass hystaria that would insue, makes me feel good I am armed, and have ammo. My first priority is to get out of Civilized California Cities when stuff hits the fan, while they (Zombies) are looting and killing each other, I am driving for the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It amazes me how the Bunny Hugging, Organic eating, peace loving people think they will be taken care of (by the government). I pray they never have to realize their mistake. As for me and my family, we will be fine.

Frank

Back