• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

If the US was invaded, would you answer a call to arms

If the US was invaded, would you answer a call to arms?

• Yes

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is like the biggest poll ever, I remember not too long ago it would have been like 11 votes and it would have been all of us active folks..….we’re gonna rent a van and kick someone’s ass….yeah ! :lol: Strange this pole dosent have 10000 votes because pound for pound we are THE most powerful fierce firearms website out there, bar none....were high speed low douche

oli700 said:
I'm a bit disappointed you put No as an option on the poll

^^ THIS ^^ :D

oli700 said:
...we're high speed low douche

I am getting this as a tattoo! I laughed so hard! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Castle said:
My first priority is to get out of Civilized California Cities...

BUT maybe staying is a better idea... If you look at EVERYONES SHTF protocols... it includes getting out of the city.. So staying inside the city may supply you with the best amount of retrievable goods and less people then you think because everyone will E-vak

Rick....you are a genius. I am floored by your sound philosophy....that’s serious medicine. Sun Tzu would be proud.....lets bum rush the cities if it happens.Think about it, no one would be there other than a few bug in people and their probably cool. None of us bush folk will be in the bush to take in all the bug out people, they will die and we will have it all to ourselves……

oli700 said:
Rick....you are a genius. I am floored by your sound philosophy....that’s serious medicine. Sun Tzu would be proud.....lets bum rush the cities if it happens.Think about it, no one would be there other than a few bug in people and their probably cool. None of us bush folk will be in the bush to take in all the bug out people, they will die and we will have it all to ourselves……

Haha Thanks! :D I will accept that as a compliment! Our peaceful country sides will be filled with city slickers, club rats and thousands if not millions of people who don't know how to actually hunt, track and gather... They will be leaving themselves in a more hostile environment then staying in the city with a few hungry mutated fruit cakes :p

I always find it amusing when people say “I’m bugging out to the woods”…..what makes you think the people who live in the woods are going to allow that ? You didn’t care about them before, ignored them , made them the butt of your jokes…….

Oh! Very good point! I know if I was at camp and some SOB in a Suit was trekkin' through the woods... Chances are that their ass is dead haha Suit + Woods = Zombie!! :)

oli700 said:
I always find it amusing when people say “I’m bugging out to the woods”…..what makes you think the people who live in the woods are going to allow that ? You didn’t care about them before, ignored them , made them the butt of your jokes…….

I actually know exactly what you're talking about.

I couldn't count on both hands the negativity I have seen portrayed over the years.

Barbara Walters and Mountain Dew mouth, drugs are ramapant in my county (according to other journalistic sources), etc etc etc.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/histor ... ia-6885766

Just watch Harlan County USA as a good example. (parts 1-4)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3bc_1261950450

Yeah, those people back in the woods are a strong and peculiar type.

Don’t forget not voting is considered a "no" vote round here....lol (courteous snicker)

John A. said:
Yeah, those people back in the woods are a strong and peculiar type.

OK John, you know I'm no stranger to hard ass work. But how the hell do coal miners keep a decent back and knees? I am 6'4 and that would KILL me....not everyone who does this is small ....right? Just get used to it or what, technique

doesn't matter if you're short or tall, it'll break you down either way.

yeah....hunched over or on your knees ... I tore both my MCL's at the same time about 15 years ago. I would have to work outside, although I would like to try out the conveyor belt lol, we had wood flumes when I was a kid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXo6i4CD2Sc[/youtube]

A number of Miami residents have been startled to see military helicopters buzzing above their heads throughout the past week. The helicopters have been seen circling the skies, soldier-like figures have apparently been repelling onto rooftops, and some have even reported hearing what sounds like gunfire. So what’s going on?

According to officials, there’s nothing to be concerned about. But that hasn’t stopped a number of local residents from raising concern.

The Miami Herald related about a week ago, before the drills started:

Miami-Dade police sent out a warning [last] Monday that multiple police agencies would be providing support for a joint military training exercise somewhere over Miami and elsewhere in the county. The exercise will include the use of military helicopters.

The police statement said the training locations and times “were carefully selected to minimize negatively impacting the citizens of the City of Miami/Miami-Dade County and their daily routines.”

But it also acknowledged that there would be some impact on residents.

“This is routine training conducted by military personnel designed to ensure the military’s ability to operate in urban environments, prepare forces for upcoming overseas deployments, and meet mandatory training certification requirement,” the police statement said.

But those who don’t read the papers were terrified at the sight of soldiers rappelling onto rooftops, as what sounded like machine gun fire echoed off the high-rises.

Josh Epperson, an artist who was visiting Miami during the drill, remarked: “I heard the machine gun fire and then I hit the deck…I didn’t know what to expect, and it was one of the loudest things I’d ever heard.”

And he isn’t alone — a number of Miami residents have already uploaded videos to YouTube of the unexpected sight.

One man caught the choppers from a window high above the city on his camera phone:

However, this isn’t the first time military helicopters have flown over Miami. CBS Miami notes that a similar training operation was conducted in April of 2011.

And the drills are not limited to Miami — TheBlaze’s Liz Klimas reported on Black Hawk helicopters whizzing above Minneapolis buildings over the summer for a similar urban training exercise.

Either way, the videos are pretty remarkable. Skip to about 1:30 to hear what sounded like a machine gun to Epperson:

Saw that. While I am not military I work with a lot of aircraft in a similar role. I don’t understand how they were able to do this over a populated area.

Air Force folks out there might have an answer but I can’t fly helos with buckets for fire over populated areas for nothing short of someone in intimate danger of getting burned over. I certainly wouldn’t be able to fly buckets or nets full of chainsaws or what have you for training purposes

I saw the cops had roads blocked but in a city like that there was still population under those helicopters.

If there was one mistake that resulted in a crash, civilians would have died in the name of training , I don’t think so......

Nor do I believe its training for martial law like a lot are saying……

The military can build thier own town for training

If there was one mistake that resulted in a crash, civilians would have died in the name of training , I don’t think so......

Nor do I believe its training for martial law like a lot are saying……

Yeah, same here. I wonder about the training over a population center too? Also, the varied agencies that seem to have been involved? I don't know that it's for martial law but it creeps me out regardless of the purpose. They have done it before in Miami and and apparently in Minneapolis.

I don’t like it for the simple fact that I don’t know why.

The ends may have justified the means but they would have to explain themselves then.

If they were after someone or something I could see putting value at risk like that, but for training.....that just hard for me to believe.

I mean, the government weighs all possibilities, they use algorithms for algorithms and undue risk to the general public is usually never acceptable.
you just don’t shut down a part of town , using multiple agencies without prior warning to at least the general vicinity and at least an email to all media from local police chief because that stuff FREAKS out the general public,

When we do fire simulations and people know we still flood 911 with calls, test burns in the woods, announced on radio and tv news channel and people still flood 911 with calls. You just don’t spring training like that on the public without causing panic.

Then again we are getting this info from the media….local media at that. Stupid is as stupid does

Oh, I definitely think the Helo's over Miami was a training exercise.......but people are so quick to question why the military would train like that. Who said it was the Military being trained? Perhaps it was the residents of Miami being trained.....

This isn't the first time the military has been caught "training" in a residential area lately. Perhaps there is intentions to acclimatize people to seeing and hearing military presence in urban areas and associating it with "training". It slows down the reaction times when its no longer practice......

Looks like they were training in Houston too. This one says it was a military and other agency training exercise. The last line sounds like someone that listens to the lame stream media to much.

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The sight of Army helicopters and the sound of gunfire created a lot of concern Monday afternoon in one Houston neighborhood.
We received a lot of phones calls, Tweets and Facebook posts from worried neighbors, wondering what was going on.
SkyEye 13 HD was over the south side where at first look, it appeared there was a massive SWAT scene happening.
With military helicopters flying above her southeast Houston neighborhood, Frances Jerrals didn't know what to think.
"When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," Jerrals said.
And so, she passed along her concern.
"She told me 'don't come home it sounds like we're in a war zone. Guns, shooting, helicopters flying around the house,'" Isaac Robertson Jr. said.
The U.S. Army along with other agencies took over the old Carnegie Vanguard High School near Scott and Airport. There were armed men in fatigues, plenty of weapons and what many thought were real live rounds
"I felt like I was in a warzone." Jerrals said. "It was nonstop. I was terrified."
Turns out, it was a multi-agency training drill that Jerrals wished would have come with warning.
"They could have done a better job in notifying the neighborhood," Jerrals said.
The Army did not give any details of what the training is for. Some people we spoke to needed no explanation.
"If it's to protect our kids, I'm all for it," neighbor Glenn DeWitt said.

Back