• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

If you had to pick just 1 rifle & 1 handgun for SHTF which would you pick ?

Besides, of the SHTF, I am heading right to lazy eyed snipers compound. Figure he could hold off an army by his lonesome.

Last edited:
Besides, of the SHTF, I am heading right to lazy eyes snipers compound. Figure he could hold off an army by his lonesome.
That's definitely a good plan cuz the way I figure it he's got at least one or two of just about every gun ever made!!;)

However, just for $h!ts and giggles I'm headin to John A's place. That place is gonna light up like a Roman candle!!!:p

Or marlin 1894s paired with a Redhawk. Share 44 mag. This would be if it were 50 years prior.

No, it's still current. Don't get "played" just because more modern platforms are being talked about so much.

Lever .44-magnums and a .44-magnum revolver as a back-up sidearm? It's not just kewl, it's a very sturdy plan.

Other than two bolt action .22s, all I have are three Lee-Enfield .303" cal. rifles when it comes to rifles over .22" cal., so it'd be most likely one of them (probably one my No.4 Mk.I*) and all I have is a few revolvers for handguns, so I'd grab my S&W M&P .38 Special...
Mark

Wars were fought and won by men with weapons like a Lee-Enfield and a revolver. Nothing has changed, my friend. Most people don't know how fearsome a Lee-Enfield still is as far as rapid and accurate shot placement goes at LONG ranges. I respect the hell out of a Lee-Enfield in qualified hands... even today, no less so than someone with a "tactical" rifle'.

You are GTG.

If I'm going to be forced to use a gun during SHTF, I made the decision that I won't just stop at using one or two.

I have decided that I'm going to light this place up and will cause as much carnage as I can.

Yeah, that's right. A hundred and fifty years from now, John A. will be as famous as Bill Earp and Wild Wyatt Hickock.

Yee-Haw y'all.
I look forward to having JohnA day off of work after the SHTF rebuild!

Wars were fought and won by men with weapons like a Lee-Enfield and a revolver. Nothing has changed, my friend. Most people don't know how fearsome a Lee-Enfield still is as far as rapid and accurate shot placement goes at LONG ranges. I respect the hell out of a Lee-Enfield in qualified hands... even today, no less so than someone with a "tactical" rifle'.

You are GTG.

+1 on this^^^^ SMLE "Mad Minute"--who needs a semi-auto, anyway! ;)

UPDATE: quote from link above: "The mad minute is best known as a bolt-rifle speed shooting event, stemming from a pre-World War I exercise used by British Army riflemen training at the Hythe School of Musketry, usually using Lee-Enfield or Lee-Metford rifles. Within one minute each rifleman would have to score a minimum of 15 hits on a round 12 or 18" diameter target at 300 yards (3.8 or 5.7 moa), equivalent to a 30.5 or 46 cm target at 270 meters (1.1 or 1.7 mils).

It was not uncommon during the First and Second World War for riflemen to greatly exceed this score, and many of the best riflemen could average 30 plus shots. During the Battle of Mons, there were numerous German accounts of coming up against what they believed was machine gun fire when in fact it was squads of riflemen firing at this rate.
"

That is potentially a hit on a 12" target at 300yds every 2 seconds reloading twice! OUTSTANDING!

The History Channel show "Top Shot" had an EPISODE featuring the Webley revolver and the Enfield call "The Mad Minute"... You may need a cable/satellite subscription to view it...

Last edited:
The Enfield "Mad Minute" has been proven time and time again.

Amazing rifle.

Thanks, Bobster, for the comment!!!!!!!!!!!

Back