• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'm a new guy to this forum from South Austin

Has anyone ever found a better looking charging handle for the 715T?

• Total voters
On March 13th,2013 I was admitted to St David"t ER with necrotizing pneumonia with only one 4th of my left lung working. I coded and for 30 seconds I eas clinically dead. When I was wheeled in I weighted 220lbs and 5'11" and 10 weeks later when I was released I was 5'4' and 145lbs. I lost a whloe person.It's a bitch getting old in in 10 weeks. I was a plumber and putting in 40 hrs a week at HomeDepot, man I miss work. I had to sell my 1964 Sporster and my 1968 650 BSA cause of my back . Those were great bikes even though the Harly didn't have a starter it roared when it worked. I raked the front end .03 degrees and put a springer front end on it with t-bones and pullback bars with a sissy bar and cheesebox on the rear fender. I sat low and squealed when I wanted to show off on Galveston's seawall. Good times,good times..........

Damn! Welcome back to the land of the living!

I was up to 240 lbs when I decided I was dying from my own fat. Through diet and exercise I managed to lose over 65 lbs.

So I know what its like to lose weight, but not under such dire circumstances.

And I hope I never find out. :eek:

I lost the weight because they had inedible so-called food. I can't imagine sticking to an exercise and diet regimen to lose that much weight, must take a lot of will power and a whole lot of not wanting to meet your maker just yet.

It was a total midlife crisis thing for me , and it was a lot of work.

When you have high blood pressure they put you on pills with undesirable side effects. I decided that I should lose weight & within 1 year I had dropped over 50 lbs. & was off the pills. I do take aspirins and eye vitamins, saw palmetto (which I think is really just snake oil) and some pain meds for my knee, but considering my history I am lucky to be in such good shape.

Last edited:
Thanks meanstreak, I appreciate a cordial welcome. I drove thru Tulsa many years ago and listened to some really good country music at a place called Cain's I think. I'm getting a little old but my memory hasn't failed me yet. I like your bagger. Do any serious touring on that bike?
Cains it is James. I have lived here 6 years but have not been there yet. Tulsa is a pretty good town for music, as is Oklahoma in general. I do a little bit of touring, not as much as I'd like.

It was a total midlife crisis thing for me , and it was a lot of work.

When you have high blood pressure they put you on pills with undesirable side effects. I decided that I should lose weight & within 1 year I had dropped over 50 lbs. & was off the pills. I do take aspirins and eye vitamins, saw palmetto (which I think is really just snake oil) and some pain meds for my knee, but considering my history I am luck to be in such good shape.

Cadd, I have been on different meds for high blood pressure since I was in my late 20s, and they do suck. I guess the alternative is worse though.

Howdy, welcome to the club....
Well, I hope we old men, stick around as long as we can. Cuz shootin stuff up and buying new/old guns is too much fun....
Cheers fellas.

Welcome from MI!!

Back