• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yesterday evening I was visiting with my Mom for a little while after lunch and she was talking about wanting to get a new gun.

She has a 20 gauge single shot that she keeps at the ready (but hid), but she realizes that if someone were to break in, they may not be alone, so she said she had been wanting a pump action so she could have more capacity than what she has now. Living by herself, she knows she has to depend on herself and I agree 100%.

So, I make a few calls and find a brand new 20 gauge 500C Bantam youth for $209 that I thought she would like and would fit her stature so this morning she swings by and it was still there.

To make a long story short, this evening we went up to the family property and spend some quality mother and son time behind the sights of her brand new defense gun breaking it in and her getting used to it.

And don't let nobody fool ya, Momma has spent a lot of time behind a trigger all through her life.

dogtrouble016_zps7930a7d1.jpg

dogtrouble014_zpsff56185a.jpg

that's great! ,,,,,,and a big congrats to your mom John. :D

Awesome and I might add some good thinking on her part. I am assuming that you might get some trigger time. If so, please post some thoughts. I have been thinking about getting one for my son who is 12.

Thank you gentlemen, I'll pass it along to her, but truthfully, I can't take credit for anything other than tracking one down for her.

She already knew what she wanted/needed. Let's just say, the nut don't fall far from the tree :lol:

carbinemike, the gun was really nice and I think would be well suited for a 12 or 13 year old. The action is still pretty stiff and gritty, but not really bad coming straight out of the box.

I only shot it once the first time just to make sure it wouldn't hurt her and to make sure it was OK for her to shoot. It was a pleasure. Especially with mom's slip on limbsaver she had on her old single shot 20 :lol:

I love her so much and have always been proud that she's my Mom.

Especially with mom's slip on limbsaver she had on her old single shot 20

Any Mom with her own Limbsaver is alright in my book!

Thanks for the comments.

I told ya that she knows her way around a gun

ZombieHunterD said:
congrats, thinking about getting the wife a 20g pump. Waiting to stumble on a good deal. lol

Zombie
Just got my wife a 20g from dicks sporting goods for 279.00..... All I need is a limbsaver now.

John
Now that some quality time.....

Love it man...got that with my dad and my new AR not too long ago. Find myself so busy that those moments are all too rare......none of us escape time

Oh man...John that is honestly great. I wish I could get my momba out shooting my wifes 410. She hates guns. I am glad yours does not. Her own limbsaver. +1 bro!

my mom can shoot real well too.....natural pistol shooter, and a lefty. Her favorite pistol is an old three screw ruger blackhawk .357 magnum of my dad's

I'll pass on the replies to her. I may even email her a link to the thread so she can read them for herself.

She is real content with the gun. I can tell by her voice she is a little more relaxed knowing she has more than one shot at the ready too.

But I'm having a terrible time finding a little 5 round box of double or triple ought buckshot for her. Right now she just has it loaded with #8 birdshot because that's all we could find locally and I'm not too comfortable with that at all.

So if any of you have a 5 round box they could spare or know where I could order some, I'd be willing to buy a pack until we can find some locally one of these days.

oli700 said:
my mom can shoot real well too

Very cool Oli. But for some reason, I'm not even a little surprised to hear that.

Being raised in the mountains, that just goes with the territory.

yeah...she could out shoot me in pistol till about 10 years ago lol....I didnt get better, her vision got worse lol

She was the first person I knew with a ccw….my dad still doesn’t have one but he is the kind of guy who just shoves it in his pocket if he wants it….permit be dammed. That probably doesn’t surprise you either lol

Good stuff.

I've never seen my mom shoot a gun and my dad is only interested in guns if it involves hunting (not target shooting, just actual hunting.)

Back