• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just picked up a 500 Cruiser/Persuader

USMC_5711

.270 WIN
I couldn't resist the GOG special and ordered one as I was getting on the subway for work.

Looking forward to indulging my penchant for modification with this one.

At that price, how could I resist.

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Last edited:
So the Mossberg bug has struck again!

You Sir, have definitely been bit. At least you're in good company around here. Keep us posted once it arrives. We're lookin forward to seeing what you have in mind for the modification...

That Black Aces Tactical rail kit is a bit of a pain to put on.

And don't get me started on how much of a pain in the ass getting the OEM forend off. I nearly gave up about 3 times last night.

Then again, starting a gunsmithing project after midnight is never a good idea.

I should have it completed tonight or tomorrow.

Can anyone recommend a good laser that actually keeps zero?

Looks like the CMR-201 would fit the bill.

Amazon has them for $118 with Prime.

And I finished the shotgun.

e7u5era4.jpg

y3esetes.jpg

Now I think I need a real stock for this and a decent laser.

I could have sworn I saw something floating around for a flashlight that doubles as a magazine tube cap. That plus a CT laser and I am good to go. Maybe some MBUS for flavor.

From my other post:

So I installed the Mako/FAB forend on my 500 and I love the way it looks.

What I don't love is that it rattles and wobbles like a sonofabitch......

Is that normal?
Did I do something wrong?

I also got the Black Aces Tactical top rail as well.

I am pleased with how it looks.

So with just the handle grip on it, it honestly handled a bit awkwardly, but looked cool as hell.

As I was writing this post, I went over and swapped out the handle for the included full length fixed stock and dry fired a couple times.

I am now officially in love with my new 500. Now I just have to choose the right stock.

I am thinking something collapsible, but not the swinging kind, with a cheek riser.

I have a Knoxx Recoil Reduction Gen 2 stock for sale... Check the Marketplace and let me know.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

The wobble is normal.

It becomes more noticeable with a forward grip...

That's normal???

Wow.

I mean, FFS, add another guide rail on the bottom of the foregrip that goes into the receiver. You wouldn't even need to attach it to the bolt, just give it a channel to ride in.

The loose tolerance is what helps contribute to the 500's reliability in varying conditions.

The tighter the tolerance, the higher the chance for failure when conditions aren't optimal. It functions the same whether at an indoor range or out in the field when leaves or other debris might accidentally get caught in the action bars. The 500 action works equally well when clean, dirty, grimy, or even downright filthy...

The loose tolerance is what helps contribute to the 500's reliability in varying conditions.

The tighter the tolerance, the higher the chance for failure when conditions aren't optimal. It functions the same whether at an indoor range or out in the field when leaves or other debris might accidentally get caught in the action bars. The 500 action works equally well when clean, dirty, grimy, or even downright filthy...

And it's been proven time and again!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Picked up the 500 pistol grip online for $340
I wasn't happy with the hard plastic factory grip when I got it. Took it out today for some trials with different loads, 8 bird shot, 5 and 00. (ouch!} It only reassured me to change the grip because my wrist was hurting by the time I left the range. It just did not ergonomically fit me so I ordered a more cushioned, Hogue grip today with a better fit angle for $25 with free shipping. I also bought a heat shield for $20 (sucker gets hot with multiple rounds!) I think that should be all I need unless I eventually get a flashlight for it or a saddle shell holder but that's extreme for me.
BTW for quick response at 18 feet (the biggest room in my house) with a single shot the Winchester bird shot severed a 2x4 in two, the Fiocchi 5 load took half of it and the Remington 00 missed it entirely. Of course it was all do to my aim and anticipation of said round. Follow up shots improved as I got used to them though.
My SIL, a Iraq war Vet, tells me the bird shot will only maim and not keep a perpetrator from returning fire.
What say you? keep in mind the 2x4 was completely severed in two!
I say aim at the eyes!

Back