• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking for a new front sight...

e8834192c314c1d99d8c62129d279116.jpg

fb70c017349b6f0aa12e9af095bfcc9e.jpg

Not liking the Phillips head as a front sight.
My question is, for this 87' 500c will any 500 screw in replacement sight fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHAAAT!! You don't like the screw bead?!?! Aww man, if ya can't hit w/ that, you aint gonna hit no matter what you put on it... LOL J/K. I have a brass bead I'll mail you if you want

Haha, I mean the screw head is one hell of a sight but it's just a little too much for me to handle with my novice shotgun sighting skills!
By no means was I looking for a handout, but I would absolutely take you up on your offer!
Midway wants 4+ dollars, and the big auction site that's starts with an E is upwards of 9 dollars! Crazy if you ask me.

Haha, I mean the screw head is one hell of a sight but it's just a little too much for me to handle with my novice shotgun sighting skills!
By no means was I looking for a handout, but I would absolutely take you up on your offer!
Midway wants 4+ dollars, and the big auction site that's starts with an E is upwards of 9 dollars! Crazy if you ask me.

I by no means meant it as a handout. Just good kharma. I have one, I'm probably never going to use it, it'll cost me $.40 to send it to ya. No biggie

If you want I will send the screw back in case you are looking to upgrade! J/k

I will shoot you a pm.

Those pop on ones work good, I've got one on one of my SG's and I like it. Problem is, they're made to adhere to the flat rib of ribbed barrel so it's probably not gonna work to good on your barrel. Anyways, I'll send you out that brass bead tomorrow. Got ur pm, sorry for the slow response.

Just wondering because I can't seem to find a definite answer online.
Did the 500's come from the factory with the brass bead front sight?

Whoah Nelly! 36 bones?
I should specify that the 28in mod. Choke barrel has no rear sight, so just wondering what came on the barrel originally.

Looks like your 500 is from the mid-80's, early 90's. What's the Letter/number first four on that war horse? The barrel doesn't have the double bead set-up? Hope that Philips head didn't screw up the bead hole. Not that you couldn't use the Philips screw to pop clays all day.

K057**** 1987.
Barrel only has a front sight( or where one should be).
I'll get some pics of the barrel up when I get home.

I'll have to get a close look at the threads.
I would like to hope that the barrel steel is a bit more hardened than any tiny little Phillips head that my Pa had found to put in there!
Let's hope.

Originally Hartford, now Glastonbury. Know Stratford well. My cousins lived on Cedar Beach in Milford for years ('til about 2 or 3 years ago). I could easily live in Lordship if I could afford it. On the point in Milford as a kid on summer vacation I could hear the 12 ga. bangs at the Stratford gun club just across the Housie. In the 70's, my cousins used to walk down Sand Street to Broadway with their shotguns over their shoulder and navigate the channels in the meadows in the john boat hunting duck at the mouth of the Housatonic River. Long Beach is still one of my favorite Connecticut beaches. Talk about desolate. Great history in that part of the state. Oh, yeah, I have an old Charter Arms Bulldog .44sp that was built in Stratford back in the day.

Last edited:
Back