• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: i think i got ripped off

Is this the model you bought?

500 Pursuader- model 50577

20" barrel blued finish, 8-shot, black synthetic stock, bead sights

If this is the one I'd say $399 is a bit much. Around here and on-line they retail for $300-$320.

is it new/unmodified ? dosent sound right being a 500 8+1. Dosent sound right being a 590/500 8+1 20" barrel longer than the mag tube. Sounds like a 590 with a 24" barrel , especially at $400.

That sounded weird to me too.

Are you sure it's actually a 20" 8-shot? I've seen plenty of mis-labeled guns for sale...

Would you be able to post some pictures for us?

i have came up on some money and i will be paying off my balance tomarrow and i will post pics asap but i might have to wait 3 days to bring her home due to the fact that my last name is Rincon :lol: but i have been dooing some thinking ..... mabe the gs guys swapped out barrels ? for some reason but they have 3 of the same gun so mabe its just a weird model and i know its not a hunting model because of the black trigger and no barrel vent rib????? i will have pics soon

Does sound a little weird. The Persuader should be a 7 + 1, 20" barrel, just like whats pictured. I dont know of any sporting barrels that work with that 7 round mag tube.

Def wanna see the pics when youre able!

hey guys thanks for all the help my wife is getting ready and then we will take the hour drive to the gun stores i was thinking about 1.buying a diffrent model 590a1at the same store 2.taking store credit or a restalking fee and driving down the road and buying an allready hooked up 500 .Or last option 3. just buying that weird shot gun 399.99 for a mosberg 500 that could be some gun store concoction

My vote's for the 590a1 rather than the overpriced chimera of a 500 they're trying to sell you. Many of our members, including myself, spent several months trying to find a 590a1 so if you can get your hands on one buy it and never look back.

It also depends on what you're gonna use the gun for. The higher price of the 'a1' would be justified if you plan on shooting it on a regular basis, otherwise I'd go with a less expensive 500.

Re: Some 500 models not shown on Mossberg website?

If you are looking for a different finish, do it yourself with the help of Lauer Custom Weaponry DuraCoat Firearm Finishes. www.lauerweaponry.com

I have seen some really nice work friends have done. So far I have only used it in tech black for the receiver on my 835 and some survival knife handles. I was really pleased with the product and plan on doing something exotic in the near future.

Re: Some 500 models not shown on Mossberg website?

I've used duracoat on a lot of guns, but it don't even come close to real parkerizing.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The higher price of the 'a1' would be justified if you plan on shooting it on a regular basis, otherwise I'd go with a less expensive 500.

so if you dont plan on shooting much buy a 500.....wish someone told me that before. I bet I got more shots out of my 500 than most people have on there 590s around here....
Its my opinion that you dont need to spend the extra on an A1 unless you are using it for its intended purpose....combat.

If you wear out a 500 from shooting it then damn, your the man

^ I think you might have taken a little too much from that statement, but I can see how it could have read that way. My apologies for not being more clear in my wording.

My comment was in no way meant to disparage the 500 or its performance. If the more expensive gun in the OP's scenario was a higher priced 500 model my statement would have been to the same effect. My point is that there's no sense spending additional money on a tricked out gun, 500, 590, or otherwise, if it's gonna sit in the corner waiting on zombies. Pretty sure we're trying to make the same point from two different angles.

Woooo I just bought one for the low price of 399.99. And it looks just like the one in the ati banner but with a breach barrel .i will be posting pics in like 6days when I get back from work woooooo I got a good deal .im happy

Here is a pic i took at the store . I saw on the side of the box ati tallon .......something or other ... so it comes like this from the factory ...what do u guys think

Attachments

• IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,543

Looks nice Homes! I've heard some good things about how that new Talon stock feels and handles!

I love the way my ATI stock looks. I think it looks a lot smoother than the Blackhawk Spec Ops. That forend is different though, never seen it. Is that a Mossy option? Nice find man, have fun with her.

The pump grip is from the factory..its the same one that comes on the "black water “ 500 ....3.5 more day till my days off then I get to go pick it up......woooooowoooooo

Back