• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock Buttstock OPTIONS CHO

Finally got it. It was a 9/64. Was able to get the limb saver slip on pad on it. It took using a flat head screw driver kind of like a shoe horn.

Pics of Limbsaver slip on on the ATI Tactical Talon Stock.

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

Hey all,

Anyone have the FAB/Mako UAS500?:

http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Tactical-But ... 9X8M7TXJ4Q

I'm thinking a side folding stock for the most versatility. I like either the ATI or FAB/Mako one, but want to buy from Amazon to use some GCs and they don't have the newer ATI on there. Anyway, can't find much about the Mako one, and would like to see what others thought of it. Also if a sling can be used on it.

Thanks for any help. :cool:

I dont know anything about the mako one. I know the ati collapsible and or folder have the same stock attached to the.tube adapter one adapter just folds and one doesnt. As far as it goes it comes with a swivel stud pre-installed on the stock.

Thanks for the input.

Noone with the FAB/Mako one? :(
I'd like to hear someone's personal experience on it before buying.

It has been on my list of stocks to try out but haven't gotten around to ordering one yet. If you do buy one be sure to post up a review here.

Leaning towards the ATI Talon side folding now, since I found it cheaper. :D

How is the release button on that? Looks like it may be hard to use.
And with it folded, can the trigger still be fired and the forearm pumped?

Yes, it can still be fired from the folding position, yes you can still hit the slide release button to rack the slide. The only reason I didnt get the side folding is because I have fairly big hands and my buddy has the side folder and when I shot it the nub that allows it to fold rubbed up against my thumb knuckle and it hurt.

Just wanted to let you guys know I figured out the ATI Deal. The triton mount would screw in fine without the stock drop spacer. I shouldered the weapon though and it was to high still. So I tried the ati stock drop spacer. The bolt that screws into the receiver to hold the triton mount on would not screw down far enough no matter how hard I tried to torque it with the stock drop spacer on there. Therefore it was leaving the titon adapter loose on the receiver. To eliminate this problem I removed the ATI stock drop spacer and used one from mossberg which was flatter. Wouldn't you know the adapter screwed in all the way and tight and there was no play in the stock once I attached it to the adapter. It appears ATI Stock drop spacer is not compatible with their own stock. Go figure.

Tnxdshooter,
This is the first problem we have ever heard regarding our ATI Triton Mount with the Mossberg 500. We have assembled many Mossberg 500s and 590s with this system including the drop spacer and have never found an issue with the bolt being too short or not being able to tighten to the receiver. This triton system is an OEM product for Mossberg and they have put this system through their torture testing procedures with no failures. We encourage you to contact ATI so you can help us find out what went wrong and solve any issues that you have been dealing with.

ATIgunstocksUSA said:
Tnxdshooter,
This is the first problem we have ever heard regarding our ATI Triton Mount with the Mossberg 500. We have assembled many Mossberg 500s and 590s with this system including the drop spacer and have never found an issue with the bolt being too short or not being able to tighten to the receiver. This triton system is an OEM product for Mossberg and they have put this system through their torture testing procedures with no failures. We encourage you to contact ATI so you can help us find out what went wrong and solve any issues that you have been dealing with.

Will do at my earliest convenience.

Hello everyone I am knew to Mossbergs and just wanted to shime in. I am currently about to purchase a stock for my mossberg 500 persuader and just had three questions.

1) Is the second generation blackhawk specops out currently. If so where can you buy it.
2) Is there a quality difference between the ATI Talon Tactical and the Blackhawk. In other words which is better or would you get.
3) When on this website about to purchase the ATI http://www.atigunstocks.com/s-65-tactical-stocks.aspx I am confused on the differences. It seems like the first one is what has been reviewed on this forum and is a good deal. WHat I dont understand is how some of the stocks are more expensive and include less such as the second one which doesnt come with the forend. Any help at all would be so very much appreciated.

I can help with the first question, the Gen II SpecOps is not out yet...

No worries,

I've been wait'n on it too, but just broke down and bought the original. For me the few changes weren't worth the wait...

How do you like the original? If you don't mind me asking. What were the major changes other than grip?

They added an optional sling plate and ambidextrous QD sling attachment points. Also, the Gen II has 7 positions of adjustment. The overall ergos are changed a bit too. This thread has all the details...

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=645

Thanks!!! So is it worth the wait for the gen 2 or is the ATI Talon Tactical just as good of a stock and worth buying now??? Any suggestions.

I have no personal experience with the ATI Talon, but several folks here run them on their guns. I've read nothing but positive reviews so far. If you feel like you need the extras on the Gen II SpecOps, then wait. If not, check out the ATI. Either way you'll end up with a great stock...

mthill2 said:
Thanks!!! So is it worth the wait for the gen 2 or is the ATI Talon Tactical just as good of a stock and worth buying now??? Any suggestions.

Its a tough call; I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Back