• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Pinned forend on a Mossberg?

I got real lucky on this 590A1 purchase. I bought it for $395 at Bud's online early Monday. Earlier tonight it was back to $400. I just now checked, and it's now $456! :shock:

One of my buds bought a Maverick-88 the other day but it had the synthetic stock and fore-end like the 500's not pinned but has the nut holding the fore-end. My Maverick-88 looked the same but the fore-end is pinned. Who knows what the folks at the factory are up to these days.

CrackerKen said:
I got real lucky on this 590A1 purchase. I bought it for $395 at Bud's online early Monday. Earlier tonight it was back to $400. I just now checked, and it's now $456! :shock:

Yup, it happens.

The fewer they have in inventory, the more they charge for them. Good 'ol fashioned supply and demand. Ever noticed that the best on-line gun prices you find while searching for an item are always on items that are out of stock? Once the inventory is back in stock those prices start to rise pretty quick...

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Has anyone tried the muzzleloading barrel for the 500?

I already have an inline smokepole but for some reason this intrigues me. I like weird things and I guess this qualifies just because I've never seen anyone use it.

How do I tell if my 500 is short action or long action?

I am looking to buy a new forend for my Mossberg 500. It appears I need to know if it is a short action or long action to ensure the forend will fit correctly. How do I know which action type it has? Thanks.

Re: How do I tell if my 500 is short action or long action?

beforeoldstyle.jpg

This picture came from
http://www.havlinsales.com/

Re: Accessories questions

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum optikal !!

Re: How do I tell if my 500 is short action or long action?

Yup! Thats pretty much it!

ok i got the laserlyte tri mount kit and installed it on my 500. My questions are, if I decided to install a regular flashlight that doesn't have a mount, what are my options to secure the flashlight? I heard you can use a scope ring as long is the same size. How sturdy is the scope mount? or Should i buy a light that has a mount already on it?

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends

Hello, I recently bought a Mossberg 500 with the black forend that is made onto the slide tube. I got the factory forend off and ordered a replacement from ATI. The problem is that it doesn't fit right, it sticks real bad near the receiver. Does anybody have any suggestions or solutions? I am thinking about trashing it and ordering something different.

Attachments

• DSC02564.JPG
    DSC02564.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 1,490
Re: Muzzleloading barrel?

I haven't, though it does look interesting. I've got a flint lock, a Plains rifle and a couple of Black Powder revolvers. I'm kind of embarrassed to say I haven't done much with them in a while, though I use shoot BP on a fairly regular basis.

It looks to be a good idea and like it would be fairly easy to clean, thats a plus!

In Idaho, an enclosed ignition system would restrict it to general season hunts and possibly some short range weapon hunts.

Re: Muzzleloading barrel?

Been looking into these heard that they're a but on the heavy side though. That and the fact that you can pick up a nice used muzzle loader for the price of the barrel has me wondering what to do...:-|

will this thunder ranch forend rail fit a streamlight?

Hello everyone I am a newbie and want to thank you for all your help to come :lol:
I have a 500 thunder ranch and it came with this barrel and forend grip. Will this stream light fit right on the small rail? Or will i need some sort of attachment?
Thanks again..

Attachments

• thunder_ranch-tfb1.jpg
    thunder_ranch-tfb1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,671
  • shotgun light.jpg
    shotgun light.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,671
Re: will this thunder ranch forend rail fit a streamlight?

I don't see why it wouldn't. I use the same light on my Glock 19 and it requires very little space above the rail and it looks sufficiently long enough to support it

Re: will this thunder ranch forend rail fit a streamlight?

Mike thanks for looking at it. I think it will fit as well I hope :)

Back