• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Sights for my new mossberg?

I've heard good things about the Burris Fast Fire, though I have never used one my self. I do like that style of open reflex sight. On the rail, make sure you got the newer style, post '97 I think. Although its possible Scott is only carrying the newer style on his site.

I dont think youll be disapointed! ;)

Pictures of reflex sights anyone?

I'm really considering getting a reflex/ red dot scope for my 500 tactical (in the marinecote finish); does anyone have any good pictures for me to look at? Thank you!!!

Re: Pictures of reflex sights anyone?

I did an image search on google. I literally typed in "red dot reflex sight".

Here are a couple of things I found;

The NCStar are supposed to be pretty decent sights. All I know about them is what I've heard, and no complaints as of yet.
http://www.buysellguns.com/index.php?a=5&b=281&c=69&page=27
GS59721.jpg

GS59725.jpg

GS59723.jpg

This one is made in the US of A, and is reflected in the price. I have heard neither good nor bad of these. Its actually coyote tan.
http://www.freedomgunworks.com/c-more-sights/c-more-sts-red-dot-sight/prod_60.html
CMore%20STS%20Red%20Dot.jpg

I know absolutely zero about these.
http://www.marstar.ca/ac-optics/m-red-dot.shtm
Marstar-Splash-01-450px.jpg

Theres more out there if you do the image search. Hope this helps you out abit. Keep in mind, good optics cost money. Youre gonna get what you pay for. I have heard many stories about folks saving some cash by getting inexpensive glass, only to be very disappointed and spending the extra dollars to get what they wanted to begin with. The bigger names are going to cost more, but will also have better customer service should you need it. If you want something, and it carries a decent price tag, save for it. Its usually worth it in the long run.

Re: Tac light suggestions anyone??

I highly suggest the TLR-1s and make sure you get the "S" version because it comes with a strobe.

p990340715-4.jpg

p687870204-4.jpg

Re: Tac light suggestions anyone??

Cant beat the price, and there is a new version available with higher lumens, I wanna say 180? I could be wrong here. The TLR's are ready to mount too!

Leupold Saddle Mount for 600AT

I put a Leupold Saddle Mount scope base on my New Haven 600AT (same as 500) and it looks like it is on an incline. 25 yd shots are 16 inches low with a scope zeroed in on another gun that the mount is parallel with the barrel. I expected to be at least reasonable and on the target frame. Don't really want to, or know, if the scope will accomodate this much deviation. Perhaps as much as 32 or more inches for a 50 yd zero. Has any one else had this problem with a saddle mount, or is it just a bad saddle mount?

Re: Leupold Saddle Mount for 600AT

Dang, that is ALOT of deviation! Youre right though, I dont think the scope will correct that much, and then to move it too another gun, youre zero-ing all over again rather than making adjustment.

As for the sadddle mounts, I have no experience, I can only speak of receiver mount picatinny's.

If you were to put the mount back on the other gun, would it still be zero-d?

Rossignol, Thanks for the reply.
Actually, I only moved the scope and Weaver bases from one to the other. Tried a second saddle mount of the same brand today. Close to the same results. 17 inches low, at 25 yds, but dead center where the previous one was 16 inches low and left 6 inches. Can't believe the shot gun screws are off, they hold the trigger assembly and another working piece. Accuracy was fine.
May try another set of rings and scope to see if I can get it in the black at 25 and go from there. Then I will try another mount. Thought this would be a simple project! Thought!!!! Maybe I should switch barrels and try the shorter slug barrel to see if that is the problem. I have a shorter slug barrel from when Mossberg offered barrels for $10. Manual sights for the first slug barrel were right on at 25 yds. Grouped nicely too.

Does Mossberg make a saddle mount? I do not want to go to a rifled barrel and cantilever mount at this time.

The receiver isnt drilled and tapped on the 600AT... so rule that out. Dang.

I'm totally stumped, I've never used the side saddle for a mount.

Re: mossy 500 "long tom"

If you call http://www.havlinsales.com/ they should be able to give you more information on that. Tell them Mossberg Owners sent you. Are you looking to sell it or buy it?

Well be sure to post it up when you hear back from Cheryl at Havlin Sales as I would be interested at the right price. If you have trouble getting the answer your looking for let me know and I will make some calls for you.

no luck a there he said around 200 but there arnt enough on the market to give a good estimate

I know they are pretty rare to come by now-a-days and even harder to find one that hasn't been ruined by some backyard gunsmith.

this one has never seen the outside of a safe, heck its never even been mounted on a gun

Back