What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Heat Shield

I'm the owner of Mossberg 500 Cruiser Blackwater.

I'd like your input and suggestions for the heat shield. Will I be able to install heat shield on the Blackwater series?

Thanks,
Anderson

Re: Heat Shield

Does the breacher screw off? If not, then the stock one wouldn't work. You could bend it out and then try wrapping it around the barrel but you may have problems getting it to stay put.

Sent while trying to concentrate on 6 things at once.

Nice! I didn't realize mossberg made more than one heatshield. That was one of my issues against getting the breacher barrel. I May just get one now.

Yes Sir.

The Mossberg version is buried in the pages of their catalog and they've stated that they receive them in very small quantities. Wouldn't surprise me if Mossberg orders them from Aimpro...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard Sir!

Your 500 Blackwater uses the same heavy walled barrel as the 590a1 series and there are only two heatshields that'll fit. One is made by AimPro Tactical...

AIMPRO Tactical Heat Shield: M590A1 18.5" heavy walled barrel

The other is from Mossberg (part # 16335P). You can call Mossberg and order directly from them...

(800) 363-3555

Can I disassemble the front sight and use this space to use it with the ATI Halo heat Shield? I think the ATI heat shield should be long enough to fit my model.

It's not the length that's the issue.

Your barrel is thicker than the standard 500 barrels and the ATI heat shields will not fit...

tonyanderson2269 said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You're welcome Sir...

I came across this unique shotgun tactical rail/quad rail picatinny on ebay. Please see the attached:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mossberg-500-59 ... 9044647%26

Can I use this for my shotgun?

Thanks,
Anderson

Please disregard the above message.

Apparently, the rail is not compatible with models featuring a breach muzzle or flash hider/supressor-style muzzle.

That's pretty cool! Hmmm....i may pick one up in the future

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It's not the length that's the issue.

Your barrel is thicker than the standard 500 barrels and the ATI heat shields will not fit...

Do you have any suggestions or idea, if I opted for the ATI Halo heatshield & ghost righ sight?

I really like the ATI heatshield as opposed to the Aimpro heatshield. Also, I'm willing to pay the gunsmith do the installation work.

Also, I'd like to know if this even possible for me to stretch and bend the heatshield to fit the barrel.

Thanks

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Anything is possible, but I've never seen it done...

Thanks for your prompt response.

Perhaps order the heatshield from Aimpro is more reasonably prudent instead of stretching, bending and pounding on the heatshield. Nonetheless, I still love the ATI Halo heatshield.

So, what do you think?

Thanks,
Anderson

The trade-off with Aimpro is that they've been really backed up the last six months to a year. Some folks have been waiting forever on their orders. I'd try calling Mossberg and order from them first...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The trade-off with Aimpro is that they've been really backed up the last six months to a year. Some folks have been waiting forever on their orders. I'd try calling Mossberg and order from them first...

Thanks again.

This is REALLY bad. Wow!