• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Laserlytle Tri-rail with a heat shield

I never would have thought about putting a TLR-1 on a shotgun.. It looks like a nice setup!

I have the Streamlight TRL-1S HP which is designed to throw a beam a long distance, like over 200 yards but, doesn't have very good side spill. Plus it has a big ole honking reflector on it.
I decided to put it on my AR15 instead since that is a longer range shooting weapon and add the smaller TRL-1s to the shotgun since its designed for CQB. It is working out perfect if I say so.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I didn't even know there was an "HP" that throws the light instead of flood. That is something I am looking for, I don't like a lot of flooded light. I can part time the light for spotting deer at work :lol:

I was at DealExtreme.com looking at their chinese knock off lights and what have it, but nothing particularly popped out to me as something I would want to mount on my shotgun lol

Or if anybody else can give confirmation on that^. Id hate to get one if it makes the sight useless.

welcome to the forum from NY.

you might want to type what kind of accessories you are looking for. "if thats what you are implying"

Any heatshield made for the older Mossbergs should work with the newer Flex models. Unless I'm not aware of something on the Flex that prevents it.

Personally comparing the the OEM Mossberg factory shield to some other offerings in the martketplace I'd stick to the original. The ATI offering especially looks and feels cheap to me. I also like the fact that the Mossberg comes with a plastic spacer you cut to fit for keeping the shield gravitating forward under recoil. On a 6 shot 500 or a 590 the barrel band doesn't let it ride forward too much minus the spacer but if you have the longer 8 shot model 500 that spacer is a must have part installed IMO. YMMV as usual.

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1885

This thread covers the AIMPRO OEM "heavy walled" heatshield specifically but it provides good information in general on how to install the shield on any barrel especially one with a front ghost ring sight. It also provides good pictures of the spacer I've mentioned.

The alternative to a typical style heatshield might be a barrel shroud rail system.

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=7616

The beauty here is that it functions as a heatshield and provides tons of real estate to mount whatever you can imagine. Some also incorporate a integral shot shell holder. Having a side saddle is also worthy of considering down the pipe.

There are other rail systems out there. I linked to Christopher's because hes a nice guy and a forum sponsor. The black aces stuff he sells is quality stuff and I like to recommend forum sponsors. Doesn't mean its the best or right for your setup though. You will just have to go do your google searching and figure out exactly what you want.

Good luck with your accessory shopping. Part of the fun is accessorizing these damned things. :D

lol Vague name for the thread but if you are looking for any accessories you will find the information for it here! Welcome aboard!

If you could give us a little more information on EXACTLY what you are looking for we can steer you in the proper direction. As for the heat shield, pretty much any of the 500 heat shields should work so long you don't have a thick walled barrel like the "Breacher"

The only heat shield that'll fit the heavy walled breacher barrels are the factory 590a1 heat shield from Mossberg (part # 16335P) or the one from AimPro. I'd suggest calling to order directly from Mossberg since AimPro has been MIA for the last several months...

(800) 363-3555

New to the forum. I look forward to all the insight of the posters in educating me about my new Mossberg 500 SPX.

My first question. Is there a heat shield available that fits the SPX? I see references to one for the model 500 but not sure if the standard 500 heat shield fits the 500 SPX.

Next will the Laserlyte Shotgun Tri Rail Mount (http://www.laserlyte.com/products/adp-trir-140) fit the SPX? It appears to be enough room on the short exposed mag tube to fit but I wanted to verify before I ordered.

Now the final question, will both the Mossberg heat shield and the tri rail mount fit together on the SPX?

Thanks for any direction or recommendations.

Looking at that Matte Black heat shield above makes me feel like I am missing out! lol That looks sweet!

HNB, so long as the SPX doesn't have a thicker walled barrel, which I don't think it does. You should be good too go with the heat shield! The only thick walled barrels I can think of off the top of my head are the ones with the Muzzle Brake, Comp and Faux Silencer thing. Also, if you have at least an 18.5" barrel with a 5 shot tube, you should have no problems with the Laserlyte mount.

As for BOTH fitting on at the same time or possibly being able to mount together at the same point... I cannot attest... Perhaps this thread might help out a little:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9074&p=121490&hilit=LaserLyte#p121490

Have you seen some of the stuff at DX.com?? They have some really good prices, while I hear there are also some sketchy items... you can get a heck of a little flashlight/spotlight for like $15 shipped lol

What's there to loose on $15?? (when not used in a HD/SD situation)

I've had a tri-rail mounted to my mossberg heat shield for a couple months and I don't have a problem removing the barrel. When it's mounted to the heat shield it still slides loosely over the mag tube.

BTW, my heat shield didn't have the plastic spacer that extends forward to the barrel lug to keep it from moving forward. It just had the 2 hour glass shaped metal spacers and I've never had a problem with it moving forward. My 500a persuader is from '93 and I shoot slugs, 00 buck, and turkey loads out of it (the 20" barrel is threaded for chokes) and the metal mossberg shield has never moved.

I have the 7 round mag tube so it's the same length as the barrel and I don't like the sling swivel all the way at the end. I put a sling attachment on one side of the tri-rail and a light on the bottom which I can switch on and off with my thumb or finger that's on the foregrip.

ATI Deluxe Heat Shield confusion.......

First off I'd like to say that I am new to the site and new to shotguns. I just bought a Mossberg 500 Persuader 7+1 with a 20" barrel.

link
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/47809

The ATI heat shield i want is:
http://www.atigunstocks.com/mossberg-ac ... hield.html

It says at the bottom:

"Does Not Fit Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500 with the Manufacturer's Extended Magazine Tube

*Halo Heatshield Length is 16 1/4" or 16 1/2" with the 2" Picatinny Rails Installed

*Halo Heatshield may not fit 18" Barrels with a Muzzle Standoff

*Not Compatible with Vent Rib Barrels

So since I am new to shotguns i am having a hard time figuring out if it will work with my gun.
any help would be appreciated

thanks
kevin

Back