• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

I just finished adding all my accesories to my Mossy 500. I added the laserlyte tri mount with my NC star pistol light, Bushnell TRS25, Side saddle, ATI Talon Scorpion stock with AR15 Limbsaver pad and Trijicon front bead night sight.

IMGP2237.jpg

IMGP2236.jpg

IMGP2234.jpg

IMGP2228.jpg

IMGP2231.jpg

IMGP2232.jpg

Re: How do I tell if my 500 is short action or long action?

Well I'm answering my own question. My Persuader 8-shot (50577) came from the fcatory with the 7 3/4" slide tube. I purchased a wrench from Brownell's that allowed me to remove the castle nut from the front of the forend without breaking down the action (barrel was removed). After doing so I was able to pull the factory forend right off the slide with little effort. The new Hogue forend slid right on, carefully replaced the castle nut and I was able to get everything back together in minutes. I was so worried about having to cut plastic, jam screwdrivers in there etc. and it was total cake. Now my new baby has the Knoxx Compstock and Hogue forend. Nice!
OB

atps1234 said:
Any way to tell without removing the forend? I just picked up a new 8-shot Persuader and am wondering if I need the spacer for the Hogue forend or not.

Thanks,
OB

Looking good man! Is there enough height on that red dot sight base to clear the front bead, or is it co-witnessed like with an AR front sight would be?

Re: Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends

I will as soon as I get my Elzetta ZSM tactical light mount installed on her!

OB

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Looking good man! Is there enough height on that red dot sight base to clear the front bead, or is it co-witnessed like with an AR front sight would be?

Thanks. I can cowitness but I have my red dot set for long range shooting with slugs so it's a little higher than normal. The main purpose of the trijicon bead sight was to have an idea of where the front barrel is aiming if my light takes a crap.

My Mossy has the cheap one piece pinned fore-end/no tube. Anyone know where I can get a tube w/fore-end nut for cheap, so that I can upgrade the fore-end? Thanks!

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Forends

Stock fore-end.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330548587.106877.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330548587.106877.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 2,101

Here are the pics - the Elzetta mount came today!

atps1234 said:
I will as soon as I get my Elzetta ZSM tactical light mount installed on her!

OB

Attachments

• IMG_5816.JPG
    IMG_5816.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 2,592
  • IMG_5819.JPG
    IMG_5819.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,591
  • IMG_5822.JPG
    IMG_5822.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,592
500 Mariner Accessories

I own a Mossberg 500 Mariner Marinecote 6-shot, with an 18.5" barrel, and I need some help with some parts (hard to find Marinecote parts and accessories).

I am looking for either a new magazine tube, or a magazine tube extender for the above shotgun in Marinecote so I can increase the rounds from a 6-shot to an 8 (I believe it would be a 7-shot tube extension)

I also need a front sight base and blade, preferably in Marinecote or a finish that withstands salt water well.

I also need some choke tubes in assorted sizes for this gun, that are either in Marinecote or another finish that withstands salt water well.

I appreciate your help.

DPS

Re: 500 Mariner Accessories

Hey there DPS, welcome to MossbergOwners.com! Please feel free to stop by the New Member Welcome Area and introduce yourself. Also, be sure to check out the Forum Rules and Guidelines and Search Feature posts to get the most out of your experience here. Again, welcome to the forum!

For Marinecote accessories you're going to have to go through Mossberg. They send there parts out to a 3rd party company for the custom coating. If you search, I believe there is a thread that lists the company they use. As far as mag tube extensions, they don't exist for the 500. Brownell's does sell a 20" barrel w/ longer mag tube, but it's not Marinecote. Mossberg does offer the 590 with a 8 round tube and 20" barrel in Marinecote that will fit the 500, but I don't know if they'd sell you the barrel and mag tube separately. As for sights, all the Marinecote Mossberg 500s I've seen have a bead.

There are plenty of other coating options on the market that will help resist harsh environments. They may not match, but black and Marinecote always go together well! Hope this has helped.

Yikes! The quote was twice your high $.

Could it be that the re-blue process costs that much. I can't see spending that much when it's half what my gun cost in the 1st place. . .

That's a estimate based on an area that has plenty of decent gunsmiths to choose from so prices are competitive, but if you're in an area with maybe a handful of people that can do it the price is going to reflect that. Check out AimPro Tactical, they do stuff like this. You'll have to mail your barrel out, but I believe their prices are going to be inline with what I told you.

Re: 500 Mariner Accessories

Many thanks for the information, Sn3aKyGuY. Will do on the introductions and Forum Rules. I've already heard back from Havlin and Choate on this, and they gave me your same information. I will use a breacher's grip and shorten my existing 500 Tactical for use on the boat, and get a 590A1 in Marinecote and put a +1 on it. It will be easier to use for my wife during my upcoming business trip than the 20". I've always used an 870 and know it like the back of my hand, having had one under my arm to breach doors for many years. My organization recently went to the 590, so I am trying to make the switch and keep the correct muscle memory when I have to use it. Thanks again.

Glock 19, Gen 4; thanks for the useful information. Sun Tsu..."Know your enemy..." I'm a 32-year Special Forces veteran. I was simply looking for some useful information that would answer my question. I own and use the appropriate selection of weapons for my needs. Front sight post, front sight post, front sight post. I think that was what you were referring to. Easy Day. Safe travels.

Newbie Question: How to determine if forearm is removable?

I purchased a Mossberg 500 and I would look to add an ATI forearm with rails to mount accessories. ATI said if my model is newer than 2006 to check if my model's forearm is removable. How can I determine this? I read the manual but don't seem to find the info. Any help? THANKS! :oops:

So, I think I am stuck paying a mint for the sight installation.

However, I though it would be easy to unscrew the the tiny screws in the pre-tapped holes in the top of the receiver. I tried a little screwdriver, but they didn't budge.

Is there a trick to removing these?

Back