• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Picked up a used 24" riffled barrel with Williams iron optic sights, a mag tube from Havlin and switched out the wood furniture for some plastic for now.(TY jeffcneal)
This will be my Lee slug gun. (gotta get out to the range)
The 20" barrel will still be for HD.
Sorry about the poor pics.:rolleyes:
View attachment 7171 View attachment 7172

Very nice mossy.

Looking forward to the range report...

Forgot to mention ported barrel. Is there any special cleaning for the ported barrel ?
I have a few ported 500 barrels.
I just make sure that the ports are open when I clean the barrel.
When I shoot a lot of skeet between cleanings I notice a very little bit of plastic build up from the wads in the ports.
It really is almost nothing but I get it out of there anyways.

The only difference is the holes.
I feel no difference in muzzle lift with or without the holes.

The only real issue I have ever had with a ported barrel was on the trap line.
I have been "muzzle blasted" on numerous occasions by people shooting next to me with ported barrels.
Its like being hit in the face with a mini HOT sand storm that lasts about a half a second.
More of a nuisance during competition than anything painful.

2rn9bo8.jpg

18.5" barrel, Hogue stock (with shell holder), ATI forend w/picatinny, iProtec RM90LSR (light/laser combo), Blackhawk shell holder sling.

Debating on getting an ATI Halo heatshield with ghost ring.

The only difference is the holes.
I feel no difference in muzzle lift with or without the holes.

The only real issue I have ever had with a ported barrel was on the trap line.
I have been "muzzle blasted" on numerous occasions by people shooting next to me with ported barrels.
Its like being hit in the face with a mini HOT sand storm that lasts about a half a second.
More of a nuisance during competition than anything painful.

i just purchased my first shotgun, a stripped 500 Cruiser that has the ported 18.5 on it. Havnt shot it yet though but id think that the longer trap barrels would have more leverage and therefore a better downforce.

I drilled the back stock out to mount a standard ATI shotshell. Ground down the screws so as to not to interfere with the aluminum buffer tube action. Bottom screws are longer and sink in at a 45 angle to grab enough stock ( unknown generic 6 position stock )
IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

Mossberg 500 hybrid magpul stock,forend,foregrip,sights&a 590 breacher barrel on a Mossberg 500

Attachments

• PicsArt_1421964193381.jpg
    PicsArt_1421964193381.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 20
Back