• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Please dont take this the wrong way.. Go take a safety course.. you pointed that barrel at least twice at your camera man. Once with the shot gun loaded..

Sorry man, but I had to say something..
:rolleyes:

I never saw him muzzle sweep with a loaded gun. And especially not with his hand anywhere near the trigger.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Well I tried that 12 LOP butt stock and it was way to short for me so I went with the standard Hogue OM butt stock, I like it still has that longer LOP but I am getting use to it.. I feel like I have better control over the recoil with that longer LOP butt stock. I will say that the Hogue butt pad on there stocks really grab your clothing need to wax it or something.

Tried to warn you... it felt awkward for me too. Looked great on my SBS, but in practice - it didn't work for me.

At the range Saturday shooting slugs and the control I got with the longer LOP Hogue butt stock was great was hitting steel at 50-100 yards. Really like that Hogue furniture on my Mossy..

At the range Saturday shooting slugs and the control I got with the longer LOP Hogue butt stock was great was hitting steel at 50-100 yards. Really like that Hogue furniture on my Mossy..

Is the regular LOP Hogue much different than the factory Mossberg stock?

Yes Ross you are correct the Hogue is 14" LOP the factory on my SP was like 15" LOP. I could also make it shorter on the new Hogue if I took off the Hogue butt pad and used a slip on limbsaver but no sure what size I would need for it. But I like it the way it is gives me great control over my Mossy.

I think it's 14", Mossberg factory LOP is 14-3/4 if I remember correctly.

Sounds like what I measured when I took it off. My Choate stock is about 13.5" (with no extensions) which is between the short Hogue and the factory stock. It feels just about perfect and I like the added balance/control of the pistol grip. Of course there are some drawbacks, but it works for me and shortens the OAL by an inch or so on my 14" 590A1. The long factory stock on my SBS just looked stupid.

Picked up my new 500 this afternoon. Already chaged out the forearm with a wooden one I picked up this morning at the local gun show. Plan to change the stock over to wood as well (not a fan of the plastic nor pig)
Will be adding a metal safety and sling to it and I should be good to go.

moss_zpsaem2ldcu.jpg

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.

Good lookin' shotty. Thanks for the pic.

Congrats from Indiana, nice looking Mossy, need pics when you get all that wood on it. I need to upgrade to a metal safety my plastic one is getting loose

Back