• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

The 4 shell Mesa is the only one I have considered because I is built nice and it will work well with my Mesa sling loop, but to be honest 8 in the mag and 5 in the butt stock it is pushing the weight limit IMO , and it wouldn’t be too comfy with my sling set up….I picked up a friends stock 6 shot 500 and was surprised how heavy I have made my shotgun, its fine but I really don’t want it any heavier.

but its nice
31BaJTVvuFL__SS500_.jpg

Texas_Made said:
With the brass side down like that do u have any trouble thumbing the slide release?

Nope.

There's more clearance that it looks like from the photo.

The picture makes it seem deceptively close to the trigger group.

You could certainly mount one on each side but that would hinder your check weld on the stock.

ah yes of course, no wonder I haven't seen such a thing. Now that I think about it Me and my wife are going to have a dilemma on our hands. I shoot right handed and she shoots left handed.. If my shells are on that side she wont have a good cheek weld...

Where is the serial#

I have been looking for it .I put on the tac-star side saddel so I dont know if its under it but if its some where else I cant find it.

Re: Where is the serial#

It is located on the left side of the receiver towards the back above the trigger group, so yes its behind your side saddle!

Mossberg 500 forend hitting side saddle

I have been doing research and found that some with the 6 and 1/2 forend tube in their 500's are having issues with the pump overlapping the receiver and causing problems with side saddle installation. I figured out that you can order choate number 02-02-06 or 02-02-26 synthetic forend and it will not overlap the receiver thereby allowing you to install a 6 shot Tacstar side saddle.

Yikes...the Vang Comp is expensive.
I have the 3 Gun one...way cheaper.
I haven't seen the Vang one though.

The 3 Gun just sticks the Loop Velcro straight onto the gun.
The Vang screws on a plate that has the Velcro on it.
The 7 round one has to be carefully positioned on a Mossberg 500 to not interfere with operation

Re: Mossberg 500 forend hitting side saddle

this was a tremendous help! thanks Tnxd! i just picked up a side saddle, what do you know? my forend hits it, so i've just ordered 02-02-06 Choate forend.

well...as i went to submit my order with Choate, their servers went down for maintenance. is there a Hogue grip that would work?

I had the same issue with my UTG tri-trail forend and TacStar side-saddle, but I just drilled out a new hole in the mount and moved it back to allow clearance. Keeping my forend was more of a priority for me than the saddle...problem solved.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I had the same issue with my UTG tri-trail forend and TacStar side-saddle, but I just drilled out a new hole in the mount and moved it back to allow clearance. Keeping my forend was more of a priority for me than the saddle...problem solved.

+100 right there!
My wife always says that I have a gift for taking things that dont quite fit right and making them work for my needs.
I salute all that take the initiative to MAKE THINGS FIT!

Back