• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

Re: 590a1, 18.5", 5+1. Light mounting options.

I'm in the same boat ... I don't have an inch to spare on my 590A1 either. My model, 51520, is a 5+1 and I'm not sure how I'm going to get a light on it. I'm not even sure the Surefire forend will fit ... it certainly doesn't fit the budget I want to spend.

MS51520lg.jpg

This is what I used to mount a simple flashlight to my 500.
Mounted to my mag tube.
It is not the best "Tacticool" light mount but it serves its purpose for a simple "HD" set up.
I am still searching for the "perfect" light. For now my not so perfect flashlight will do.

ATI GUN BARREL CLAMP

SPECIFICS:
LIGHTWEIGHT
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION
SLING SWIVEL STUD INCLUDED
WORKS ON MOST 1" LASERS & FLASHLIGHTS
SIMPLE WAY TO ADD AN ACCESSORY TO YOUR BARREL

ATI-SMC1100-_001.jpg

Edit: to include my NEW bought today($6.77) still not perfect but a bunch better than what I had flashlight.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware ... ogId=10053
589d5046-a633-449d-a0d4-7626b739cb7c_300.jpg

Clamped it on and she looks real good!

catnphx said:
Thanks, LTB45. That looks like a simple solution and something to look at.

I was also going to look into this Mako forend. Need to do more research but it looks interesting. Anybody know anything about this product and will it work for the 590A1 that has no inch to spare?

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PR-MO&Category_Code=_irs

pm.jpg

Hey Catnphx. I looked at that one too. For me three rails is two more than I need! :lol: And that bottom one looks like it could get uncomfortable for a full trap match. The rail I posted above mounts on your existing forend. It's silly expensive at $99, but it's purpose built, and seems to be the least invasive I've found. Mostly I don't want the old boys at the range to freak out and start demanding that I show them that my gun is plugged before allowing me to shoot. I've seen that happen to guys with the 8 tube. Here's the link http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-500-590-forearm-flashlight-mount.html

Oooh! Looks like they're having a sale! the forend rail and a sling setup for 20% off! I don't want to loose the detente on the end cap, but I wouldn't mind the rail and the receiver sling piece! http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-three-piece-sales-special.html
Mossberg-500-590-3-Part-Sal.jpg

Edited to add looks like the front one has a detente! I may pull the trigger! Combat shotgun HO!!!!

Didn't want to edit again. Went in to order, and there didn't seem to be a way to select 590 only. So I'm going to call when I get a minute. When sold separately the 590 and 500 have different front mounts. Bear that in mind if you are going to order.

catnphx said:
I'm not even sure the Surefire forend will fit ... it certainly doesn't fit the budget I want to spend.

I was told by a Surefire tech that while he doesnt know for certainty that it fits the 590A1 mag tube, he did say, one had never come back because of not fitting.

On a related note. The Ergo rail does fit for sure and is also half the cost. It is a little more edgy and "tacticool", not so mild. I'll hunt with mine though as soon as I get a plug fit! ;)

My 500's both use the best plugs made.
A chop stick. :shock: Snap them into 2 pieces, one for each gun.
I have never used anything but 2 3/4" shells and these sticks work great.

LTB45 said:
My 500's both use the best plugs made.
A chop stick. :shock: Snap them into 2 pieces, one for each gun.
I have never used anything but 2 3/4" shells and these sticks work great.

Not a bad idea! My 590A1 is an 8 + 1, but I only need one, I have one for my 500. I was just gonna go down to the local hardware store and get a dowel rod.

newbie 590a1 owner

Dog229 Here,
I came across a used police 590a1 model 51410 at orions today, having the 18.5 barrel, speedfast stock,bead sight, no lug on barrel clamp,no sling pivots. i contacted moss by email for build date and they replied that the gun was made on 9/4/98. Is the gun better for being older and is there any upgrades for me to have done to it. Story is it is a police dept. byback and shows very little use. It will be my new home defence and farm plinking.
Looks to be a real solid gun! I got it for $225 . Is any break in needed and what needs to be lubed for proper function and realiability? What is a good mounting system for carry strap?
Thanks for your help!
Dog229 Gone

Re: newbie 590a1 owner

Sounds like a real good deal! Get some pics up as youre able, we have a 590 photo thread goin, so anywhere in there!
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=228

Shouldnt need any break in, unless its not been used at all in which case youre just gonna wanna go shooting! ;)

To clean and lube, just break it down, pull the trigger and all the internals. Cartridge interupter and stop, bolt slide and bolt, shell elevator, and the action slide tube. If it needs to be cleaned, use what you like, Hoppes, or whatever... Wipe everything down and then use a drop or 2 of oil as needed and sparingly to apply a thin layer oil on all parts. I use my hands to smear the oil on evenly and also to help take off any excess. Put it all back together and its good to go.

For sling mounts... Does it have the posts at all? If not, maybe go to Midway or something and order some posts and sling swivels. You could also do a single point sling with an end plate sling loop. But for an HD or defensive firearm, the single point sling may get in the way and snag on stuff. Something else if you have the room is a clamp from CDM Gear. I have the MT clamp, and will soon be getting a BMT (barrel Mag Tube) clamp for my Persuader. With the clamps from CDM you can get a short (or long) piece of rail on one side to mount a light and you can add also a QD push button sling swivel to the other. In that case the sling swivel is 1 1/4". I use a 1 1/4" leather sling, so I picked up a set of K&N 1 1/4" parkerized swivels from Midway. So I had the CDM up front and a standard swivel on the rear. For a Home Defense firearm, my preference sling wise is a more traditional sling as its less likely to snag, though not a gaurantee.

the bayonet i have looks exactly like this one
img3485pu4.jpg
was going yo get the ontario model but was a bit pricey for me

EAINC said:
the bayonet i have looks exactly like this one
img3485pu4.jpg
was going yo get the ontario model but was a bit pricey for me

Dude, thats just awesome lookin!!!

Back