• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

EAINC said:
maybe add on the tac light in the future

Yep, I'm wanting a TLR-1S at some point to try out. I havent had training on using a weapon light so it isnt something I want to seriously mess with except to be able to add another perspective to the reviews for the forum.

Rossignol said:
Yep, I'm wanting a TLR-1S at some point to try out. I havent had training on using a weapon light so it isnt something I want to seriously mess with except to be able to add another perspective to the reviews for the forum.
You make a vary valid point, the last thing you want in a sketchy situation is you fumbling with your weapon.

What I learned with my new 590a1 today

Well, it is fun to shoot a shotgun :D
The length of my stock is too long, need a shorter one :evil:
The action smoothed up after around 100 rds of field loads, 25 rds of bulk 2 3/4" buck, 20 rds of bulk 2 3/4" slug, and 20 3" buck. :cool:
3" mag buck is not the best feeling recoil in the shoulder when the stock is too long :?
I could not get the slugs to hit POI even with the sight adjusted all the way. Seems that the fromt sight is canted too, especially after looking down it at a distance today :cry:
I like having a .70 cal repeater ;) ;) ;)

Now for the pics, you know--Pics or it is not true
IMG_20110515_121108.jpg

Stock as she came. She now has a cheap sling for the moment.

IMG_20110515_120949.jpg

With the LanCay M9 zombie slasher.

I am thinking of the following:
shorter stock, or have my factory one cut down
sidde saddle 6 rd
ammo cuff on stock for 4 rds
a better sling and mounts
and a Mesa clamp for a rail section and light

What are your suggestions for my "possible" upgrades?

take care!

Re: What I learned with my new 590a1 today

Sweet, sweet firearm! Go post pics HERE!!! Do it! :lol:
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=228&sid=2db77dc8ae8e0d0c0726786139ef028b :D

My preferences?
Stock: Hogue
Ammo Cuff: mine :D
Rail Section: CDM Gear MT clamp

Sling will depend on how you wanna use it. If you go with the CDM Gear clamp, you can get a 1 1/4" QD push button sling swivel with it. For sling swivels otherwise, I also use the KNS 1 1/4" parkerized swivels. I get them from Midway USA.
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=817206
On the 6 round side saddle, I cant help, but there is a thread on here about the side saddles.

I think going with the 12" LOP Hogue stock would suite your needs perfectly. For the side saddle I would check the link that Rossignol posted. If you are looking for a work of art ammo cuff you can't beat Rossignols (they are second to none) but you can also go with some of the cheap elastic ones. I personally like the Rocky Mountain Tactical slings but there are a wide range of options available to fit your needs. When it comes to a light I really like the Streamlight TLR-1S.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=655 has a list of nearly all the stock options available for the Mossberg 500/590. The Hogue 12" LOP has the shortest length of pull for a fixed stock but some of the collapsible stocks like the new ATI Tactical Talon stocks have a rather short length of pull.

Thanks for the links.

Here is a ringer in the scheme of things. I took the butt pad off and shouldered the 590a1. It seems like that length would work if the pad was even with the end of the plastic. Hmm......

alright got a question. i have the mesa tactical 6 shot side saddle and i want to install a surefire tri rail on the front. is there any fitment issues between the side saddle and the tri rail?

The only thing I have heard with the SureFire, if its the one that has the light mounted in it, it wont work with the bayonet lug. Otherwise, the tri-rail sans light, I have been told by a SureFire tech there arent any issues. It may however be an extremely tight fit, as was my Ergo Tri-Rail. Make sure you intend for it to stay there! LOL! You shouldnt have any issues at all with the Mesa shell carrier!

Let us know how it goes!

will do thanks, another question though. Anyone here have a magpul afg put on their pump gun? It looks good in theory but id rather hear from some users before i go spending the money to put it on there and end up not liking it.

Yep. I do!

I like it, i like the way it looks. My hope in using it is that by changing the angle of my hand/grip, it will help with the arthritis in my hand and shoulders. Realistically, I dont know that it helps, but it is at least easier to grip when I'm messed up. It doesnt make it worse in any way and it definitely feels more ergonomically correct.

That said. I need to shoot with it some more yet and update the product review. I have only shot target loads since installing it, but I want to put some full power 00 buck through it to feel comfortable giving a decent review. My only complaint at this point, I dont like relearning a skill set. By changing the way one grips the forend and adding the obstruction of the butt end of the AFG, you have to relearn to some degree what may have been (at least for me) an aquired muscle memory type movement.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

205690_1714645661042_1085205913_31502523_2859481_n.jpg

I dont know that the 500 would be easier cuz I didnt get a chance to try it. Because on my 590A1 it was so danged tight, it isnt going to come back off!

It wasnt hard really... But because of how tight it was, I didnt think it would go on at all. That link posted above should take you to the early part of the review including installation. I had to use a rawhide mallet to drive the tube into the forend. But it pretty much rocks! ;)

Back