• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

Re: Picatinny rail and Aimpoint mount for my 590A1.

Yep, Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

Just like Oli said, the cheek weld will likely be an issue. I have a Bushnell red dot on mine. I like it, its zeroed, but I'm not crazy about using it with full powered slugs, thats when it gets uncomfortable. Not bad with buckshot and low recoil loads.

Heres a pic, you may be able to see that the cheek weld isnt great. Rather than the comb of the stock running with my jaw line, it should be right up tight to my cheek bone so I'm eye level to the receiver.

Like Oli, when we're out with it, I have a couple simple tools on hand to remove the rail so I can go back to the bead! ;)

Attachments

• 02_Hogue_Stock_Kit.JPG
    02_Hogue_Stock_Kit.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 997
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Here it is all decked out...

Hello everyone,
Newbie to the forum thing, I apologize ahead of time if im not posting in the right forum. I posted this in accesories cuz its related to one i saw in here.

Lazy eyed sniper.. i saw you have the utg tri rail forend. I noticed once this forend is installed it has created or allowed allot of slop between the action tube & mag tube( side to side, up n' down & all around). Now, I know that the mossy's are notorious for that but, It's a considerable amount more than with the oem speed feed forend. The slop is only in between the action tube & mag tube ( correct me if Im wrong with the part terminology) which allows the utg unit to slop around because its not beveled to fit the barrel shape.. Is this just me or is yours the same with the sloppiness? If so, have you found any quick fixes for it..? Maybe a sleeve to take up the space between the magtube & action tube?? Maybe different forend nut thats beveled at the top similar to the top shape of a front sling point adapter?. The speed feed forend uses its bevelled shaped on top of it to butt up w/the barrel (fit like a glove) & not allow the twisting slope inbetween the action tube & mag tube, whereas the utg is just squared out on the top.. Ive googled & googled all i can, haven't found anything, just people talking bout length problems & nut adapters. It seemed like a quality product & other than what is described above, I like it.

One more Question...

Rossignol or M24shooter, Is the egro trirail like this too?

Thanks, Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

jimmycrackcorn said:

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

The answer is yes. There is more play in the ERGO than with the factory forend. It doesnt bother me at all however and I really like it!

The ERGO is extreemly tight on the action tube. The play in it becomes more pronounced because the forend as you touched on, is not made to fit tight to the barrel, its not shaped to it. The Hogue forend will fit better, but it doesnt have rails. The play isnt weakness or defect...

jimmycrackcorn said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Here it is all decked out...

Hello everyone,
Newbie to the forum thing, I apologize ahead of time if im not posting in the right forum. I posted this in accesories cuz its related to one i saw in here.

Lazy eyed sniper.. i saw you have the utg tri rail forend. I noticed once this forend is installed it has created or allowed allot of slop between the action tube & mag tube( side to side, up n' down & all around). Now, I know that the mossy's are notorious for that but, It's a considerable amount more than with the oem speed feed forend. The slop is only in between the action tube & mag tube ( correct me if Im wrong with the part terminology) which allows the utg unit to slop around because its not beveled to fit the barrel shape.. Is this just me or is yours the same with the sloppiness? If so, have you found any quick fixes for it..? Maybe a sleeve to take up the space between the magtube & action tube?? Maybe different forend nut thats beveled at the top similar to the top shape of a front sling point adapter?. The speed feed forend uses its bevelled shaped on top of it to butt up w/the barrel (fit like a glove) & not allow the twisting slope inbetween the action tube & mag tube, whereas the utg is just squared out on the top.. Ive googled & googled all i can, haven't found anything, just people talking bout length problems & nut adapters. It seemed like a quality product & other than what is described above, I like it.

One more Question...

Welcome aboard jimmycrackcorn,

I have two of these UTG forends, one on the 590 Cruiser pictured above and the other on my 590a1. I guess I got lucky with mine because they fit like they were made for the gun. I don't notice a major increase in wobble over the OFM forend. Make sure you have the forend nut tightened down properly. I picked up the ATI forend wrench and was surprised that I was able to get almost an additional three full turns tighter with the proper tool.

In my experience with 500/590 models there will always be a fair amount of wobble. The play in tolerance is what makes them notoriously reliable in all conditions. Tighten up the specs on the forend, and you increase the probability of seizing up the action if the gun is dirty, etc, etc. I can put up with a little wiggle in exchange for knowing that my shotgun's gonna go boom everytime I need it too.

Good luck and let us know how it goes...

Rossignol - Lazy Eye... Thank You both for the quick replies. I just made sure the nut is tight, the sucker is on there good.. it wont go any further w/o damage or the forend wrench. The UTG unit does fit tight onto the action. I guess whereas Im use to the speed feed oem forend being molded the way it is, not having much play at all, is the reason it seems sooo loose. I aint trying to beat a dead horse but, for an analogy, its kind of like an oem exhaust tip from a "stock Honda" & trying to slip it into a Powerstroke's tip.. there would be a large void to fill all around the Honda tip... Thats somewhat how my action tube slides on my mag tube now. I know too tight is bad but you would figure when these are designed these size & fit tolerances would come into play..(no pun intended lol). BTW.. I thought the gun was heavy to begin with.. i was wrong, that sucker is heavy now, maybe im just weak!! Ill Post some picks up of it in a few along with some new goodies n' gadgets... This whole forum this is new to me.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum jimmycrackedcorn !!

I for one would like to see some pics when you find the time... ;)

Here are pics of the accessories i have purchased for my 590a1.. Nothing all that exciting by themselves but i figured pics would give members better insight on part #'s, fitment etc. in case anyone has been browsing the same ones online. Naturally I will follow up with pics of them on the SG. Gotta get off to work other wise I would put them all up at once..

I started with a Tac Star Side Saddle, Blackhawk Three point Universal & (a PITA) Mossberg Heatshield.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,071
Then i purchased The UTG MB500A forend.. had to purchase the UTG rails seperatly, BOO! I also picked up a UTG reciever picatinny rail mount.

I couldnt resist stopping by the Army/Navy store in my travels & found A nice little Magpul AFG along with an UTG flashlight mount & some UTG rail covers. I am extermely indecisive & had a very hard time deciding weather to grab the cyote tan colored accessories or black.. I wasnt sure weather or not it would look off with the different color on there but at the same time i thought it might give it a little character.. I ended up with black

Attachments

• IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG_0815.JPG
    IMG_0815.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,064
I think you made the right call with black. I have the same Magpul AFG+UTG tri-rail rig on my 590a1, absolutely love the set-up.

Let us know how you like it...

Soo.. just got home from work, im mad tired! I forgot one accessory.. The good old choate +1 w/the extremeley cheap barrel clamps & follower :| it came with. I had it off anyways to mess with the spring so it had a photo shoot too. Ill continue with the installing & pics later on today, I promise.. Goodmorning & Goodnight fellow Mossbergians.. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0830.JPG
    IMG_0830.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 1,053
Great pics, I appreciate you puttin all this up here and really excited to see it all come together! Youll have to put the finished product in the "I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours" photo thread!!! ;)

Good afternoon everyone,
What to start with. Well.. How about the most tedious of them all. I had a store credit to a local shop & was stuck spending it there so with out much thought I ordered a factory parkerized heat shield from Mossberg. While waiting for it to come in & doing some research I realized what I got myself into. I had just returned a part & got store credit only to immediately order a that wasn't going to fit right. So I did some Googling & saw a few people with detailed instructions on how to install the Mossy factory heat shield. I believe M24 was one of them who had great some instructions. FYI.. I think they fit on the 20''ers better/easier because of the barrel/bayonet lug placement. While I was told two weeks to ship it took two months.. Thats another story in its self.. Noticed the aimpro unit while waiting but was already B%&$deep waiting on this one. Needless to say the good ole dremel had to come out to make it fit that fat A1 barrel. **UGGHHH**

Also in this pic line up is the Tac Star 4shell. Got the 4 shell instead of the 6 because I had my eye on a certain forend that I knew would overlap the receiver & I don't like having to dremel new toys. The saddles are cheap, so if i really need the 6 ill try it out too. I was pleasantly suprised as to how easy it went on A++ on the ease of install. No dremel & No elbow grease needed as with that dang heat shield. So enough blabbing here are some pics..

Attachments

• shield crop 3.jpg
    shield crop 3.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,049
  • barrel crop.jpg
    barrel crop.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,049
Might I add there is not really any particular order with these pictures where as some of the items im showing were installed at different times & things have been on, things have been off for ease of installing other items etc.. & on top of that my phone ate my memory card with most of the originals so these will be all over the map as far as steps & before n after shots :evil: . Here is one kinda naked to give yall an idea of before. Just heat shield & UTG forend.

Attachments

• IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 1,110
Now on to Mr. Choate +1 ( which is really a +2 if your using your original follower w/2 3/4 shells) He went on easy as pie. Quality of actual tube is alright but it seems to be sitting on there kind of crooked. It seem true when i rollit on a level glass surface, may be its mossberg's threads along with the little bead on the barrel lug that making it look slightly off. The clamp is nothing to write home about. I ended up shaping some painters tape I had in the junk drawer next to me, to place on the inside of them in order to prevent scratching the barrel while trying to find the right placement for it.

So that last pics there shows the blackhawk sling a little better along with my wicked cool blue tape showing a little leg from under the clamp. Note to self.... new sling adapter for the front or better clamp set up. The sling swivel you see is not what came with the Choate setup, dont be fooled.. It will come with a tiny 1'' (which is fine if u have an 1 inch sling obviously). I found an old beat up set of 1 1/4'' swivels on the ground at a local messy gun shop.. so i scored a FREE BEE after some serious negotiation with the store employee that was not aware they even had them to begin with. (Im betting a previous customer left his old rusty ones behind when he bought new ones). The new 1 1/4'swivels were listing for $21..!!! Seem pretty steep... huh? Used or not nothing beats free!! That almost deserves a jersey shore fist pump!! J/K. :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,104
  • IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,105
  • IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,104
Dude, I'm liking it alot!!! If you dont mind, add a pic of the finished project to the 590 photo thread!!!

Back to the UTG picatinny reciever mount i tried to squeeze into the last post but found out you can only do 3 at a time..

On this one you can also see how the heat shield fits against the reciever. Flush as i could get it.
Side note.. I also trimmed the clamps on the reciever end of the heat shield a 1/4 inch up. This made it easier to get on.

Attachments

• IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_0868.JPG
    IMG_0868.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 1,102
  • IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,102
UTG cont... BTW Im a newbie at this forum thing so let me know if Im killing it with the pictures. I recall scouring the net for images like these when deciding which accessories to purchase.. The online stock images were never detailed enough when trying to figure out fitment on the different setup on the A1. So in a way these type of pics would of been priceless. Thats why im choosing to post so pic heavy.. :geek:

Question.. How do i get rid of the scroll bars on pics?
I dont see them anywhere else but my own.. :?

Attachments

• IMG_0874.JPG
    IMG_0874.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,096
Back