• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

Now where getting somewhere. Almost done... I think... Here we have what is prolly my favorite out of all of them (the Magpull AFG) mounted onto my UTG tri rail forend. The forend went on relativley easy contrarily to what many people on you tube have said. I had no need to smash my Speed Feed to pieces to get the tube out or take a sawzall to the polymer.. The 590A1 it went on was purchased pre 2006, maybe that is why it was easy & maybe i was lucky.. The action tube slid right off the Speed Feed forend with litttle effort. I have the larger of the action tubes so there was no need to fit up any forend nut adapters. It was all pretty self explanatory. I was even able to do this w/out any forend wrench. I used a medium sized screw driver & rubber mallet to persuade the nut off& on. I made sure to cover the metal end of the flat head screw driver to avoid any mishaps. All in all Its cool, I like it, but there is some slop to it as I have previously stated in a different post & I do wish it had a little more real estate on the rails, Especially the bottom rail.. You all will see what im talking about when I show the pics all mounted up.

The Magpull AFG2 is awesome. It looks, feels, mounts like a top notch quality product. Needless to say I will deff be a future Magpull customer... AND ITS MADE IN THE USA TO BOOT!! :twisted: :twisted:

Attachments

• IMG_0856.JPG
    IMG_0856.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 1,098
  • CROPPED TRIRAIL.jpg
    CROPPED TRIRAIL.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 1,097
Ill finish up later guys.. Im rushing and screwed up the last post sorry for the multiples.. Heres one with the AFG on. Gotta go to work again.. BOO! :x

Attachments

• IMG_0918.JPG
    IMG_0918.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,060
  • IMG_0893.JPG
    IMG_0893.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 1,062
Its cool amn! We encourage the pics for reason just as you mentioned! And we like em! Post away... Oh! My pics do that too!

Your pictures are doing that because you are using the forums attachment system which resizes them so they'll display within a set of rules the forum has been set for. If you upload them to Photobucket or the like that auto sizes them you should be good to go. Loving your gun. I wasn't to thrilled with the forend there, but it looks amazing on your gun! Good build.

jimmycrackcorn,

Lookin good Sir. Just a quick heads-up, the AFG2 was a bit too short for comfort for me. Everytime I pulled the trigger the recoil forced the forward hand stop back into my nuckle and needless to say it was crazy painful. I swapped it out for the longer standard AFG and probem solved.

I hope it doesn't give you a problem, but wanted to give you a heads-up...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
jimmycrackcorn,

Lookin good Sir. Just a quick heads-up, the AFG2 was a bit too short for comfort for me. Everytime I pulled the trigger the recoil forced the forward hand stop back into my nuckle and needless to say it was crazy painful. I swapped it out for the longer standard AFG and probem solved.

I hope it doesn't give you a problem, but wanted to give you a heads-up...
Thanks for the heads up. I was trying to decide between the AFG and AFG2 and this just decided it. Thanks.

Yes Sir,

I figured I've already taken the lumps, so if I can spare someone else the pain I'm doin my job.

So you can get a better idea of the difference in length and ergos, here's a visual comparison of the AFG2 (top) and the standard AFG (bottom)...

I like the smaller AFG2 better on the above carbine length AR where space is an issue, but the AFG is much more comfortable on my 590a1 and my SCAR.

The issue I worry about with the AFG is the lip that goes up around the forend will not work with the ATI Talon Tactical forend. Worse case, if it doesn't I'll just return it. I do like being able to remove the finger nub on the AFG2. Not worth getting banged up over though.

You can switch out the finger shelf on the AFG 1 too. But your right about how the sides wrap up on the sides. I had problems with mine and had to dremmel it down so it would fit.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Gotcha, let us know how it works out for ya...

Good looking out Lazy. I saw a few different stock photos of it & it didnt occour to me that there was that much of a size difference. Now seeing the two on an actual peice you can see that there is a significant size difference. I originally wanted the ''1'', I thought it would give the utg forend a better ''mold'', so to say, to grip onto. The instant gratification side of the brain was working when i saw the ''2'' in person.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
The issue I worry about with the AFG is the lip that goes up around the forend will not work with the ATI Talon Tactical forend. Worse case, if it doesn't I'll just return it. I do like being able to remove the finger nub on the AFG2. Not worth getting banged up over though.

Snakey.. How do u like the ati? Is it polymer or aluminum? Reason I ask is, I Purchase a stock from them & I had a problem with it. I called their tech line & it was as if I knew more about their product line than they did. They played it off like no one has ever had the same problem & it was my install. The end result was getting rid of it instead of solving the problem & putting the speed feed back on.

I have made a few edits to the pictures above. I was rushed last nite try to post them & Im also just a little ''copper bb'' so im prone to mistakes :oops: . I replaced those duplicates with new ones.

Here is a few more views of the AFG...
Flat head screw for easy install

Backside

Removable finger hold

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 878
  • IMG_0919.JPG
    IMG_0919.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 878
  • IMG_0917.JPG
    IMG_0917.JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 878
This is is the rest of the accessories I have. The first one is a simple UTG flashlight mount. I thought that it would take my little G2 SF. It didnt want to fit. It deffanitly took some forcing. Clamping it down I was concerned it would crush the body/batt tube. For now its sitting with the AFG. There isnt enough room for each of them on the bottom rail. If I put it on the left my sling block the light, if i put it on the right it is not accessable as I want it to be. It has the momentary on/ twist end cap. They call it a tactical cap or something.. In a shtf situation i think a one touch type of action would be better, but thats just my 2cents. I was saying that there isnt enough room for the both of them on the same rail. They both have enough to bite down on the rail & the AFG is locked in by the bolt inbetween the valleys, does anyone think I will have a problem with them staying in place like this until i get a different flashlight clicky or mag tube mount? They should stay on there right?

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_0929.JPG
    IMG_0929.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_0952.JPG
    IMG_0952.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 880
Just some simple UTG rail covers

GOTTA TAKE SOME COMPLETED PICKS NOW.. ALL DONE FOR NOW!!
THATS ALL FOLKS!! LOOKING FORWARD TO SPEAKING WITH YALL & GETTING TO KNOW YA :D !!

Attachments

• IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 879
  • IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 879
I like how this is coming together and the AFG 2 is def the right choice here!

It's time to convert the 590 cruiser to something a bit more practical, so I just picked up the Blackhawk Knoxx SpecOps recoil reducing adj. stock. I should get it installed this evening and will take it for a test drive in the morning. I'll post up some pics later...

With my newly found love of skeet shooting, pistol grips are out. My wife, however, needs a much shorter LOP then I do, so we are going to need an adjustable stock.

Anyone have experience with the Akita line from ATI? http://atigunstocks.com/p-168-akita-adj ... stock.aspx

My main concern is the butt pad. How is it, and if it's not enough to shoot slugs easily, can I replace it with a Limbsaver?

Back