• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Forends

unclebud said:
tcochr, if this will fit a 590A1 I would like it. don't know how to pm you to find out about payment details.

Sounds good to me. Im pretty sure it will fit but not entirely sure. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. Also I sent you a pm.

unclebud said:
tcochr, if this will fit a 590A1 I would like it. don't know how to pm you to find out about payment details.

Just make sure you measure your action tube,then find out what the other forend is.

Attachments

• 05001L_05[1].jpg
    05001L_05[1].jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 462
Just confirmed mine is 7 5/8" - 7 3/4" as well

BB1B6B0D-976F-48C9-8C9B-83730061DD09-8905-0000030F9F718C0A_zps6db6facd.jpg

unclebud said:
I just was not sure if a 500A forend would fit a 590A1. It is only $43 on Amazon

Most any 500A forend will fit the 590A1.

Only one I know of that has issues is the over-molded Hogue. It fits, but required some thinning out of the inner surface to eliminate contact with the thicker barrel. If the Barska is indeed the same forend as the UTG, then it'll fit your 'A1 with no issues...

It looks the same, can't be sure. I can't find a UTG brand. I am also wandering about the Magpul forend if it ever makes it to market. I emailed magpul and they could not give an eta.

UTG stopped making those forends about a year or so ago.

None of us have any fit info on the Magpul SGA forend yet, but we hope to get some feedback soon. There's only a very slight difference between the outer dimensions of the 500A and 590A1 barrels, so chances are it should fit just fine...

does anyone have any experience with the Aim sports 3 rail forend ? Will it fit a 590A1 ? Still trying to decide which forend to get.

My 590A1 came with the tactical tri-rail forend. I've been a fan of it, but recently I added a Magpul AFG2, which I love, but my hand position now defaults to where my thumb is pressing against the back of the side rail where I have my light mounted (pictured below). This makes for easy use of my light, but the recoil jams the end of my thumb against that rail. It's not very comfortable. I've tried different hand position, but my most comfortable position is where my thumb is against that rail.

My question is, does anyone know of a forend for the 590A1 that only has a bottom rail, or at least doesn't have the side rails that would interfere with my grip? I know I can remove the side rails from my current forend, but then it looks bad. I can figure out another mounting option for my light. I'm more concerned with grip comfort, and I still want to use my AFG2. Thanks for any suggestions!

This is kind of a bump for my previous post as well as another question. Has anyone had any experience with ATI's Talon 5-Sided Aluminum Forend? Here's a link: http://www.atigunstocks.com/forends-and ... orend.html

I've looked all around the internet and can't seem to find any Mossberg forend that only has a bottom rail. Since this is a modular setup, and I can add rails where I need them, it seems like my best option. Plus, it looks awesome! I just thought I would check on here to see if anyone has one and can give any feedback on it. Thanks!

MWright936 said:
This is kind of a bump for my previous post as well as another question. Has anyone had any experience with ATI's Talon 5-Sided Aluminum Forend? Here's a link: http://www.atigunstocks.com/forends-and ... orend.html

I've looked all around the internet and can't seem to find any Mossberg forend that only has a bottom rail. Since this is a modular setup, and I can add rails where I need them, it seems like my best option. Plus, it looks awesome! I just thought I would check on here to see if anyone has one and can give any feedback on it. Thanks!

I love mine! The ATI forend is top quality. It feels so good in your hand. Very lightweight. I purchased their 8" rail and two 2" rails. I haven't been able to shoot with it yet. Too busy house hunting. The 8" rail fits perfectly across the bottom. The original AFG grip fits perfectly with no modification. I definitely recommend it!

1206E1E5-3708-444E-89B2-68ECC82B7EE1-2730-000000ED2D69DE75_zps94d40594.jpg

Nice looking setup tcochr, you should snap a picture of the whole gun and post it on our facebook page!

MWright936, let us know if you have any questions about the forend that you need answered we'd be glad to help.

Thanks for the pic tcochr! Sweet lookin setup! I think I will be adding that forend and the 8" rail section to my wish list. Christmas is just around the corner right?? :D

Back