• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: 835 and Knoxx Spec Ops Recoil Reducing Stock

It's great, works great, looks great and no more bruises. Cannot wait till I put on on my 88 as well replacing the ATI top folding stock. Just one problem on firing 3.5 inch magnum loads. It resets the safety switch. Will try stretching the safety detent spring and seeing it that helps.

The fore-end was a no go, too long and not enough clearance with the Ulti-Mag. Stove Black spray paint followed up with a mat finish clear acrylic finish made it real sweet. May not even order a synthetic fore-end.

What to do next is a toss up. Either rail for a quick point or a couple of additional barrels. Figuring on getting a 24 inch rifled barrel as well as a 24 inch cylinder bore barrel and a scope for the rifled barrel.

BTW - no cheek slap if you make sure the stock is not slid in all the way.

I would recommend this stock to all.

I had the same problem with my fore end. so now i have 3 of em. 2 camo'd and 1 black. i'll try to get get some 3.5 magnum shells soon, and see if it happens with mine.

i'm hoping to get out to cabela's soon.

Thanks for the update, any pictures of your new setup yet?

Just a couple of pics on the 835. Rifled barrel and scope is next, then I go ahead and replace the wooden fore-end.

Attachments

• DSCF2027_modified.JPG
    DSCF2027_modified.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,904
  • DSCF2035.JPG
    DSCF2035.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,904
  • DSCF2032_modified.jpeg
    DSCF2032_modified.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 2,904

nicely done nasa. looks great. are you getting a scope?

this is my set up...

jVv9Jl.jpg

SiiAYl.jpg

Plans are for a 24 inch rifled barrel with 3x scope before the end of September and maybe a synthetic fore-end, then a24 inch cylinder bore barrel with rail for my quick point before Thanksgiving.
Right now, I'm a little tight with markets and world situations and other things that reach out and grab my hard earned green backs.

My better half cavitated the pump on the well trying to save the pecan and oak trees in the yard. It recovered but it woke me up about conservation and the thought of having to get the well reworked or having to drill another. Looks like we are going to break all records on consecutive days of over 100 degrees as well as a few hottest days recorded for the area. Walking in the grass is like walking on burnt toast. 7700 acres burning near by but still more than 10 miles away with 50 to 60% containment.

Doubt that it will make a dent in the feral hog and wild boar population. Deer, dove and quail are all hurting big time not from the fire but from the lack of water and lack of food.

All in all I want my 835 to be versatile with enough utility to use for most any situation.

I have a single shot Rossi twin .410 - 22 that I carry with my BOB and my 88 for home defense.

I like your cammo but for shtf I am leaning on staying black and blue.

oh man...sorry to hear about your well. that just sucks. i was talking with my neighbor, the farmer, and he suggested putting plastic around your trees. and make it like a tent/funnel. you would have the funnel low to the base of the tree and tied off with string. and the outer edge would be about a foot off the ground.
the plastic would be draped on the outer edge , to reach the ground and put dirt on top of that edge to keep in the air. what this does is moisture condensates inside the plastic, and gravity takes over and it rolls down the "spout' of the funnel inside and waters the tree for you. it might be enough to keep the tree from drying out. and keeping you from using extra water. if you don't understand what i just said, i might have to take a pic of it....

Thanks Rip,

The well recovered. She had been running double soaker hoses in the front and back at the same time plus the washing machine. It was about 3 hours before I could get home and I told her to shut off the water and turn off the breaker to the well. She did and after about six hours I turned it back on and it was working alright. I'm sure that the water table has dropped causing it not to fill the bore hole as quickly. I have another well a lot shallower but it has too much salt, lime and iron. The wind has picked up today and it's out of the north with a lot of clouds, and maybe some rain. I think today will be the first day in 50 plus that it doesn't get into the tipple digits. It's been so dry that the mag-cloride not working on the gravel lots.

i'm here to help.

good to hear the well is ok now. i know that too much lime can turn leaves yellow, but idk about salt and iron. is it worth looking into , to use the second well as a just a plant watering well?

Found a windmill I can afford this weekend. Maybe soon I will have an alternate source for the yard and garden watering. We go 1.5 inches of rain Saturday morning. That was wonderful.

Went ahead and ordered a receiver top picatinny rail and the Knoxx power pack delivered for $42 for the 835. Not a bad deal. Found them both on Amazon. I'm getting there a step at a time.

nice....you should paint each of the wind mill blades as a shotgun...lol

Just added the picatinny rail and Knoxx Power Pack Scope and barrels are next. Just a little bit at a time.

Shopped around, gave $94 for the stock, $44 for the power pack and rail. I think there is another nut that will allow the Black Halk fore-end to be used on the 835.

It's hot and dry again. Rains just kept a few things from totally dying.

Attachments

• 835_Knoxx_1.JPG
    835_Knoxx_1.JPG
    240.1 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Ammo_holders.JPG
    Ammo_holders.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,222
  • collection_1.JPG
    collection_1.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 1,220
Blackhawk 835 Spec-Ops Conversion

I ordered and received an extended fore-end nut and a wrench from the folks at Midway.
Ordered on Sunday and got it in the mail on Thursday.

The fore-end that came with the Spec-Ops stock was too long and too tight for the 10 gauge overbore to properly slide with out binding. With a little help pg my die grinder, I opened up the opening enough to receive the extended nut, ground the sides to clear the barrel, and ground the the inside rear of the fore-end to make the extended nut fit. Used a cut-off tool to split the inside of the polymer fore-end that slides over the tube, and used a rough scotch-brite pad to finish of the edges, Ended up with a snug tight fit and feels great. No more worry about slipping from your hand if doing a one handed load to fire.

The slightly over sized fore-end assures a firm grip when holding the shotgun by the fore-end or fore-arm.

The Knoxx Blackhawk Spec-Ops stock was a breeze installing. It's just too bad that they didn't have the fore-end for the 835. I know, I've said it before, I run on a tight budget. I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing to get a fore-end wrench, because I can most likely use it again.

I added a UTG #MB500T top rail mount. Just a small flat blade screw driver the remove the 4 screws and used the included screws and Allen wrench to install. Modified an Uncle Mikes swivel to fit the magazine cap. Did a little modification of my two point sting making it about five inches longer to make it a bit easier to fit over my winter coat or other gear.

I don't like the idea of picatinny rails on a fore-end. Too loose for a laser, not strong enough for a knife and really not where I would want to put a light. Not trying to say how it should be, just how I like it to be.

The Knoxx power pack was a nice addition in my opinion. The cheek rest for a more precise shot and the extra 5 shot shell holder. Thinking that might not be enough, figure on adding on a side saddle for 4 more shots and a 3 shot magazine extension would be just long enough for a tri-rail mount for a light, laser, and a bi-pod.

I was really proud of the refinish I did on the receiver but I messed up when I tried an Aimtech saddle rail for size, I put a scratch in the left side.

I need to work a little more in blacking the barrel, magazine, slides and elevator and I'm also thinking of adding raised fiber optic sights to the vented rib 28 inch 10 gauge over bored Ulti-Mag barrel. Still waiting on the funds for the barrels and a good scope.

As I get closer to finishing this project, I will post pictures from start to finish. It's looking a little better each time. Maybe this weekend, I might pick up a barrel or side saddle at the Fort Worth Gun Show.

Bob Cats, Mountain Lions, Wild Boar,Farrow Hogs, Two Legged Snakes and those that slither, feathered friends that gobble and maybe an occasional deer beware, first weekend that's under 85 degrees for the day, I'll be out there trying her out.

Re: Blackhawk 835 Spec-Ops Conversion

nice. i'd love to see the process you have been doing. i have 3 forends from black hawk. if you need an extra black one shoot me a pm and i'll get it out to ya free...

Here are a couple of shots.

Attachments

• Blackhawk_835_1.jpg
    Blackhawk_835_1.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 1,130
  • Blackhawk_835_2.jpg
    Blackhawk_835_2.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • Blackhawk_835_3.jpg
    Blackhawk_835_3.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 1,130

When it all came together, it was and is nice.

For 2 Penn Boat Stiks one of which I bought in SoCal as a door buster at Big 5 for $65 and the other I won on a $5 spin of the wheel at United Anglers at the Fred Hall Fishing Show at Long Beach, I traded for this 835 that was well worn, missing the cartridge stop and cartridge interrupter plus the receiver was badly scarred. The trigger assembly was broken in the field and the other parts fell out unknown to the previous owner.

$92 for the Knoxx Stock, $42 for the rail and the Knoxx power pack plus $60 for bluing and paint and $19 for the sling and $6 for safety spring and detent ball and about 5 hours of love. Not bad for under $300.

On top of all that, "It's a bitching shotgun that wants to be a part time 72 Cal. Rifle.

My 835 has come a long way from the rusted up single shot she was when I got her.

Attachments

• Blackhawk_835_4.jpg
    Blackhawk_835_4.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 1,125

If you look at the sling you can see where I moved the strap on the pad adding 8 inches over all the the sling length. Also notice the extended nut compared to the original in the picture with the wrench. Yes I forgot the cost for the Uncle Mikes swivel mount, the extended nut and the nut wrench. Still though you gotta say, still not a bad price on something that shoots so great and is so well balanced.

Every 2 week I get a little bit more. This weeks purchase was some more #00 ammo, got 50 more 2 3/4 and and another 25 for the 15 pellet 3 inch magnum shells all Winchester Super-X. Pretty good deal at Wally World which is the best place I have found so far for the 3-x scope and rifled barrel for the 835 for less than $180. I still have lots of Hyper-Sonic loads and #00 3 1/2 Magnum #00.

Oh man. NASA, that looks sweet!

Thanks Rip, For such a big bad boy it sure is sweet.

Re: Mossberg 835 with tactical stock

Ok I bartered a deal with a local photographer to "shoot" some pix of all my guns, as opposed to me laying them on my kitchen table and using my camera phone. So sometime next week I'll have some clear pix to show off of all my toys, and I will post them up on the sister sites as well. And it's only costing me 2 bottles of my homemade wine.....
Woo hoo!

Back