• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: 835 and Knoxx Spec Ops Recoil Reducing Stock

Got it all in over the last few days.

Modified the Tri-rail making it work on the vented rib barrel so in combination with the see through Weaver rings, can still use the beaded sights.

Added the Choate 5+ magazine extension, using the tri-rail to clamp it to the barrel.

Got the slip on rubber grip, used a little soapy water and it slipped right on and fits tight.

Got the Limbsaver Butt Pad, removed the Knoxx butt pad with a #2 Phillips and installed the Limbsaver using the same. Just about the same thickness.

Loaded 9 shells of 3 inch magnum #00 buckshot in the magazine and took it out back to the range and emptied the magazine down range, stopped at the kennel to feed my bullies, returned to the main house for supper and my better half wants to inspect my shoulder. Nothing. No redness and no pain what so ever. A little heavier but a dream to shoot, and it has a great intimidation factor.

Attachments

• Grip.jpg
    Grip.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 1,078
  • Tri-Rail.jpg
    Tri-Rail.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,078
  • Butt_Pad.JPG
    Butt_Pad.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 1,079

Hell yeah man! Thats awesome!!

My wife ask if that was all the bling it would hold. I laughed. She says, you mean there's more to come?

My answer, Maybe Baby.

What did you think Rip, about how I made the tri-rail fit. Never saw anyone do it quite like that. I think it will be great. I'm using my most disgusting Picatinny swivel mount for the sling right now.

Same grip I got. If you notice it says hogue on it.

nasa said:
My wife ask if that was all the bling it would hold. I laughed. She says, you mean there's more to come?

My answer, Maybe Baby.

What did you think Rip, about how I made the tri-rail fit. Never saw anyone do it quite like that. I think it will be great. I'm using my most disgusting Picatinny swivel mount for the sling right now.

So that is not the stock rubber pad? Will any of the limb saver rubber pads fit?

nasa said:
What did you think Rip, about how I made the tri-rail fit.

That would be the second pic, correct? I see nothing wrong with that. It actually looks like it was made to be that way from a manufacturer. Great work nasa. I like the close ups too.

Yes it was made to fit a 12 to 20 gauge pump with out a vented rib barrel. I just cut out the flat in the middle of the top piece. Still fits snugly against the over-bored barrel. Just the two screws on each side.

That is pretty cool. I guess according to the limbsaver websitr I will need to measure the buttpad that is on the knoxx stock now. Then go from there.

Re: Blackhawk 835 Spec-Ops Conversion

Cool,

Thanks for the link nasa. I have done alot of ordering from optics planet in the past and it has been very good and has always arrived fast. I will definitely check into getting one of these.

I was just wondering about the increased G-force on scopes or red dot sights when using recoil reduction.

I stopped off at Wally world for some more #00 and a few targets. Mostly every 2 week I'll get more ammo and something towards my gear. Sure with I had a lead sled. I might just make one. If it does rain this weekend that might give me something to do. Otherwise if it is clear, I think I'll put the bipod on her and see how well I can get her sighted in with the quick point. I'm putting the scope on the cylinder bore 88 for slugs. Simple to put the bipod on the 835 since adding the tri-rail.

Now I want her to be known as my Marshmallow Blackhawk 835. :D

Hey, nasa on your powerpack are you having any trouble getting the second round in on the second holder? I fought with it for a good 20 minutes trying to put it in in several different ways and used all the strength I had and could not get the darn thing in there.

On a side note nasa I just bought the limbsaver butt pad. How much more does it reduce recoil compared to the one already on the stock?

The limbsaver is much more forgiving than the stock pad. Once it's in your hands, you will see and feel the big difference. Think marshmallow....

ripjack13 said:
The limbsaver is much more forgiving than the stock pad. Once it's in your hands, you will see and feel the big difference. Think marshmallow....

What is up with all this cheek slap stuff Ive heard about from the Knoxx Stock. Only people ive seen shooting it on you tube that got slapped didnt have the cheek riser.

It was a little tough getting the Power-Pak to all fit and get it on the stock. Notice I have it one notch forward. The difference in the pad is very noticeable. You can feel a considerable difference before you even put it on. Just give it a squeeze and compare. A couple of pics here.

All my pics are shot at 10 megapixels so I use Gimp to crop, resize and reduce the image for upload. Recently went with 600 pixels on width.

Attachments

• Knoxx_Pak_3.JPG
    Knoxx_Pak_3.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,223
  • Knoxx_Pak_2.JPG
    Knoxx_Pak_2.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • Knoxx_Pak_1.JPG
    Knoxx_Pak_1.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,222
Back