• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Hi Chris, thank you for posting your numbers. I will update our data base.

The "B" means it was made by Mossberg and sold by a chain store, like Sears or Lakefield. The serial number makes it about 1973-1974.

Give Havlin (636) 937-6401 a call they are the pros when it comes to older Mossberg's.

You get a chance post a pic or two.:)

Last edited:

The "B" means it was made by Mossberg and sold by a chain store, like Sears or Lakefield. The serial number makes it about 1973-1974.

Give Havlin (636) 937-6401 a call they are the pros when it comes to older Mossberg's.

Attachments

• IMG_20140919_102843.jpg
    IMG_20140919_102843.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20140825_004135.jpg
    IMG_20140825_004135.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20140309_112744.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112744.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 8
She's a beauty Chris!!!

That she definitely is. And she is a great shooter. It is use every year. It was gramps baby. I would love to have a dollar for every game bird or deer it brought to the table. As well as as countless clay targets I break (or try too) with it.
Thinking about buying a new Mossberg 500 with interchangeable choke tubes. Here in Nova Scotia, Canada we now required to use non toxic shot or steel for waterfowl and I don't want want ruin the barrel of gramps gun where it has a fixed full choke.
Hopefully the quality is still the same with the new ones.

Sorry for going on, lol.
Thank you for this chart update. If you are mind I like to share it with my local gunsmith.
Chris

Keep up the great work.

Please do share it, that's what we do here,try to help people.;)

Ask your local GS to join the forum,I'm sure he has plenty of knowledge to add.

Please do share it, that's what we do here,try to help people.;)

Ask your local GS to join the forum,I'm sure he has plenty of knowledge to add.
I will do for sure!
Thank you again for the information. We just had a snowfall last night. Think I'll grab the mossy and my snowshoes and go try to bust a bunny or two..
Have a great day, old mossy!!!!!!!!! (Y) :D

Havlin just emailed me back with more info on my Lakefield Mossberg 500AB.
Here is a screen shot of the email for your records. Hope this helps you out.
I also emailed Mossberg but I have not heard back from the yet. I'll post that email as well if you like if or when I recieve it.

IMG_20160201_201150.png

FELLOWS,SURE GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE.AS OF TODAY NEW MEMBER.

MY MOSSBERG, IS A 930-SPX-BLACKWATER EDITION.

THE BOX IT CAME IN SAYS IT IS A JUNE 18TH. 2012

SORRY I MENT TO DO THAT,MY SN # AF 079342.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting your numbers. I'll update our data base.

Thank you for posting your numbers. We don't have a lot of 4x4's listed for a date on yours. If you could email Mossberg for the year made it sure would help.
Thank you.

Back