What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Accessories...

Nice!

Glad you found some mags. Be sure to post up some pics of your rifle when you get a chance...

Thanks. Just hope they actually have them. I posted a pic of it and my 500 in the photo gallery. Now I have to wait for the accessories I ordered for the Tactical 22 to show up.

I just picked of one of these in the fixed stock version. I had an extra adjustable stock lying around so I removed the fixed stock and installed the adjustable one, however, when the adjustable stock is pushed all the way in, some of the faux buffer tube can be seen sticking out of the back of the stock. Is the stock that I used just shorter than average? Just wanted to ask before I took the dremel out to shorten the faux buffer tube.

Anyone got a line on the 25 round mag's. All the reputable sellers seem to be out of stock and the websites that show they do have some, look a little shady. Sent off an email to Mossberg about a week ago and have received no reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I ordered mine off of Cabela's. They showed out of stock, so I put in a backorder, and they came in 3 days later. I don't know if it was coincidence or just a common part to be coming in regularly at large suppliers.

Thanks. Maybe I'll give that a try. Would like dealing with them. Maybe I'll get lucky. Was starting to wonder if these mag's were still being made at all.

well i have found a great use for the hollow buffer tube, i fitted a survival kit into it, which contains some very basic needs should you get stuck in the woods, it contains a small fishing kit, a small version of the ferro rod, some cotton wool and alcohol wipes for fire lighting, a small sewing kit , snare wire, (useful for loads more things than just snares) safety pins, and a few other odds to fill up the insert which it is stored in, also around the storage tube i have wound some electrical tape which itself has a million uses, and to make an end cap/insert plug, i put a small button compass which shows in the end of the stock so it can be used without the need for the insert to be removed, the whole thing is a wedge fit so it doesnt fall out, just pry it out with the point of a knife or something and hey presto a kit that goes wherever you and the rifle goes! it's not very exciting to look at so wont bother with a picture unless you want one, it does not add anything you would notice to the weight of the gun, and it is nice to know that you always have the means to make a warming fire etc when out in the bush, because after all, you just never know when you will need a kit like this, so having it right on you all the time means it never gets left behind!, also to supplement it, i have a loaded 10 round mag a small folding knife and a lighter in the pouch on the side of the stock, cant tell you how much i love this little rifle, just gets better and better, cheers, Dave

That's an awesome idea!

I for one would love to see a pic. It'd be great if you could also take a pic of all the equipment you put into the tube. To me that's deserving of its own thread in our 'Survival' sub-forum. I'm sure there are a lot of other members who'd be interested in this as well...

bellofello said:
I'd like to see that compass as a cap idea as well. I may have to be a copy cat :)

Hi there, well i just took some pics, i'll tell ya, i am not going to show the contents of the tube for fear of never getting them packed in as tight again, theres not much room in the tube and i packed it a few dfferent times before it fitted in, and i am now too chicken to try again heheh, but the list is this,
small ferro rod, .....small sewing kit, ......cotton wool, (which takes up the first inch or so and acts as a plug for that end) ......brass snare wire about 10 feet, .......fishing line about 20 feet (wound round the snare wire to make a nice compact packet,) .........trapped under the fishing line are some small fishing weights small swivels and hooks, all on a piece of electrical tape so they dont fall get lost,...... the tube itself was tricky because it had to be small enough diameter to fit inside the butt, but not with thick walls which would rob me of space for stuff, plus the inside either tapers or has irregularity in the mould after the initial step, because a tube that fits in the end 1/2 inch, wont go any further in, so in the end i used some of the plastic sleeve for covering pipework, it is a tube but split so it can be squeezed to any diameter so this was ideal, thin walls but strong enough for the job, like i said before i wrapped the outside with more electrical tape, A to hold the shape, B to give it strength and hide the white, but also C electrical tape is very useful stuff too, then to seal off the tube i fitted a small button compass (liquid filled) in the end as a cap, and wound electrical tape round the end to for a cap to make a good fit in the end of the butt, and also hold the compass in place, then the whole thing is stuffed in the stock for a nice firm push fit, the compass can be seen at any time, by just pulling the rubber butt cover off , which also protects the compass from getting smashed, easy with the single point tactical type sling i made which offers the rifle " butt up" when you let go leaving both hands free, in the small pistol magazine pouch on the side of the butt is a folding knife (very sharp) a jet flame lighter very hot and windproof, and a loaded 10 round magazine as emergency ammo, and that is all now an integral part of the rifle so i never have to worry about starting a fire, finding food with the snare and fishing line etc, making some kind of shelter, running repairs or running out of ammo if lose my pack, i have put some pics, below, like i said they are not very intresting but they show what i did hope you like it cheers, Dave
DSCF1710.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1717.jpg

DSCF1721.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

Jonny99 said:
Has anyone found a good. sturdy single point sling mount?

yeah if your talking about the tac22, the bolt that goes through to hold the butt tube in place is very strong, its where i mounted mine, and it feels solid as a rock, i was lucky in that the way i fitted mine i could squeeze the two ends of the webbing straps tight enough that i could use the original bolt as is, it aint pretty but it works, but you may find you will need a longer threaded bolt part to fit it, depends on what the set up is on your sling,
oh yeah while i think of it, i fixed the butt droop, its only because the butt tube doesnt go all the way into the polymer receiver tail, so all i did was to wrap some elctrical tape round the shaft to make that tighter, and then made a crushable washer out of electrical tape by twisting it into a strand and wrapped that round a couple of times , then when i forced the tight joint together the butt tube fitted solidly with no movement, my butt tube now looks straight coming form the receiver instead of either drooping or looking like its slanting up, good old electrical tape!!! a plastic fix for a plastic gun! heehehe :lol:
DSCF1738.jpg

DSCF1737.jpg

Here's a couple more ways to mount a single point sling.

Blackhawk makes a single point sling adapter. I've got one and it works fine.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EBXR7C/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Also, you can remove the screw and barrel nut holding the tube and stock in place. Replace them with a sling stud on the left side and a #12 wood screw on the right. I did this on my 500 shotgun. Just put a swivel on the sling stud and you're good to go.

like the idea of a sling stud, think i will try and find one that has the same thread and will screw into the barrel nut for maximum strength, as the wood screw may not be strong enough to clamp the two halves of the reciever and hold the stock on, IMO :roll: