• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New accessories for the FLEX 590 arrived

sling attachment courtesy of kentucky windage's handy skill set.
the ring fits perfect and looks awesome.....just need a sling now.....ordering soon.
slingattachment_zpsa4e84dce.jpg

installed on 590
slingattachment2_zps75897afe.jpg

rubber rail guard added for a better feel and looks....it just appeals to me for some reason :cool:
before...
rubberrailb4_zps5016ff89.jpg

after...
rubberrailafter_zpsc1a7ea01.jpg

installed the better feeling and looking hogue pistol grip but ran into a snag on the swap.
i figured it would be a simple swap, but instead i had to drill out a notch on the grip to insert properly.
so i took out the power tools and went to work, came out pretty good and fits snugly like the OEM grip, but i wasnt expecting the added work on the install.....

original grip....
grip_zps5a6adf11.jpg

suprise i ran into after removal of grip....
grip2_zps70dbb00e.jpg

grip3_zpsd135a95a.jpg

my "custom" work :lol: looks better in person....
grip4_zps80df52e5.jpg

installed...
grip5_zps68f62171.jpg

:mrgreen:

What are you using the AR wrench for? I will be picking up my 590 flex on Monday and and getting a bunch of ideas from you.

sokr915 said:
What are you using the AR wrench for? I will be picking up my 590 flex on Monday and and getting a bunch of ideas from you.

that is sweet sokr915, now i can have someone to play with here.... :lol: congrats on the purchase, your gonna love it, i do......

well the AR wrench is for the buttstock ring behind the pistol grip.

since its a AR style, i ordered it to see if it was removible from the flex adaptor, and it is :mrgreen: have a plan in mind to actually get an AR tube and buttstock to swap it out with later, possibly magpul or something, but just to get a different look for the gun.
plus if, i mean when, i get an AR, ill already have that tool for it..... :cool:

if you look at the photo below you can see the ring im talking about behind the grip there on the threaded tube for the buttstock.
grip5_zps68f62171.jpg

now im still learing myself about the gun since this is my first shotgun i have ever owned, and i do mess with it alot as you can see and try to shoot it weekly, but if you need help with something on yours one day, pm me and ill help you out if i can.....and if its more involved ill give you my number to call me to figure it out bro, chances are i propably done it. im usually on pretty much every day after work.
lots of great info here too on the forum, i know i use them alot.... :lol:

FYI, that ring is a 'castle nut'.

...and just a heads-up when you start to look at swapping out your stock, you will need to know if your buffer tube is mil-spec or commercial spec. Magpul makes their stocks to fit both specs, so you'll be good either way. Here's some info I posted a while back with details on the differences...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
BenSamp said:
PaperShooter,

A very nice set-up, I love the rear stock, I'm trying to get some info on the rear stock on mine from the LGS to see if it is mil-spec or commercial.

You should be able to tell if you have a commercial or mil-spec tube with simple visual inspection

On the mil-spec buffer tube, the threads at the front are actually a larger diameter than the rest of the tube itself. In manufacturing, a large tube is used and threads lathed as normal. Next, the rest of the tube must be milled down to the military specified diameter. With a commercial-spec, you begin with a tube that matches the final tube diameter. The threads are cut into the front end with a lathe just like any other threaded pipe. Also, the rear surface of a mis-spec buffer tube is cut flat, whereas in a commercial-spec tube it will be somewhat slanted.

Here's a visual reference...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
FYI, that ring is a 'castle nut'.

...and just a heads-up when you start to look at swapping out your stock, you will need to know if your buffer tube is mil-spec or commercial spec. Magpul makes their stocks to fit both specs, so you'll be good either way. Here's some info I posted a while back with details on the differences...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
BenSamp said:
PaperShooter,

A very nice set-up, I love the rear stock, I'm trying to get some info on the rear stock on mine from the LGS to see if it is mil-spec or commercial.

You should be able to tell if you have a commercial or mil-spec tube with simple visual inspection

On the mil-spec buffer tube, the threads at the front are actually a larger diameter than the rest of the tube itself. In manufacturing, a large tube is used and threads lathed as normal. Next, the rest of the tube must be milled down to the military specified diameter. With a commercial-spec, you begin with a tube that matches the final tube diameter. The threads are cut into the front end with a lathe just like any other threaded pipe. Also, the rear surface of a mis-spec buffer tube is cut flat, whereas in a commercial-spec tube it will be somewhat slanted.

thanks LES......"castle nut" i should of know that from my work M4, had to break it down and name all the parts for a board not to long ago, must of slipped my mind..... glad your here to catch it and educate LES... :ugeek:

mine is the commercial version, i know that for a fact. got the six-slots on the bottom not 4 (i listened to each click to make sure).

but, i havent figured out how to take the buttstock off the tube here. i know its removable, just dont see a way to remove it if i wanted to keep the original tube and just change out buttstocks. :oops:
the rear of the tube is not open, it is covered and has a small hole in the center of it, with the UTG PRO logo on it!
that was the reason for me getting another tube for it, so i can be able to remove the buttstock on the other one.

is there some trick to it that im not seeing. if you could fill me in, id really appreciate it.

Try this...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Just before the stock gets to the last position, pull the detent pin outward. The pin's spring will be pretty tough, but pull it out as far as you can and the stock should slide right off...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Try this...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Just before the stock gets to the last position, pull the detent pin outward. The pin's spring will be pretty tough, but pull it out as far as you can and the stock should slide right off...

Cool I'll give it a try later to see if it works.
I was looking at that pin too, to see if that was how it was removed but seemed pretty hard to pull out further than intended. Looks like it will have to be given some persuasion to pull out further.

Use the lever to pull it out as far as it will go.

Then get a good hold on it and you'll be able to pull it out far enough to clear the tube...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Use the lever to pull it out as far as it will go.

Then get a good hold on it and you'll be able to pull it out far enough to clear the tube...

Got it off....had to use a pair of pliers but it worked. Thanks for the info LES.
I do have the commercial tube. Now all I got to do is look for a collapsible buttstock that interests me.

I have a Center Point red dot on my 500 and it works great... and for $50 (Walmart), I'm really impressed. 4 reticles to switch from, both green and red colors, and 5 brightness settings for each color.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Archametes said:
I have a Center Point red dot on my 500 and it works great... and for $50 (Walmart), I'm really impressed. 4 reticles to switch from, both green and red colors, and 5 brightness settings for each color.

got any pics of it??

tyguzyvu.jpg
came with the flip up covers and rings. I tries to get ones of the reticles too, but they are kinda blurry... here they are though.
etyhe4u7.jpg
mezurure.jpg
y3urape3.jpg
eha9ejet.jpg

Its hard to have the camera focus clearly on the image when it wants to focus through them on the wall, lol

I used it with mil-spec buckshot, and target load... about 80 or rounds with not one waiver... so yeah I'd say so.

Back