• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New accessories for the FLEX 590 arrived

got a few new things in the other day, a otis shot gun micro cleaning kit and a limbsaver
limbsaver_zpscd8e5912.jpg

limbsaver on the flex 590 tactical....works awesome....highly recommended.
(posted this on a recoil post, but wanted to share the update here as well to see....)
side by side comparison
limbsaver2_zps6a2975f7.jpg

before.....
limbsaver3_zpsf504e910.jpg

after....
limbsaver4_zps8c592f5f.jpg

well worth the money :D

I swear by my Limbsaver recoil pads!

They claim a 70% reduction in recoil, but I think they're being modest. Have an Otis cleaning kit for my AR-15's as well. They make some good stuff...

Limbsaver is all it says and more, just wish i had it sooner.....but i now know the difference with and without it, and i will Definitely choose with it!!!

as for the otis kit, i love it. does an awesome job and now i wish i had bought this kit first.....

Itsricmo said:
Looks Excellent! How is the angle on that pistol grip? Looks pretty aggressive :eek:

Love the Hogue grip, a lot better feel for it and just wish I added that first.
Its awesome, none the less...

That good! Looking at it, it seems like the grip isn't at the ideal angle... however, I felt the same way about the AFG2 on the forend and I really liked that

I have LimbSaver recoil pads on my 590A1 and it works wonderfully to reduce the felt recoil. I also have an Otis cleaning kit the a use on all of my shotguns.

Itsricmo said:
That good! Looking at it, it seems like the grip isn't at the ideal angle... however, I felt the same way about the AFG2 on the forend and I really liked that

It really is better than it looks, and the finger grooves are just the perfect feel.
The AFG is a bit hit or miss when firing a high power shell cuz it will hit your fingers on the recoil if not gripped tightly, but with low recoil shells, its good. Plus it just gives your hand a more natural feel oh and looks cool as hell..... lol

Tony617! said:
I have LimbSaver recoil pads on my 590A1 and it works wonderfully to reduce the felt recoil. I also have an Otis cleaning kit the a use on all of my shotguns.
Yeah I really love both of them too, each one have really impressed me. :cool:

Hello, Stigmata -

I found my way to this message board after a lengthy (and frustrating) search of Bing, Google, Ebay and Amazon. Do I show the information super highway wear and tear?

Anyway - to point. I purchased a 500 Flex Tactical 3 weeks ago and have been enjoying accessorizing it. I've added a tac light/laser combo, a 6-round side saddle, and for lack of a pistol grip fore end option, I added a stubby vertical grip that fits the bill.

What I don't have, and badly need, is a folding stock. I would prefer a side folder, but I would settle for a top folder.

The problem I'm running into is finding folding stocks for the 500 FLEX. There are hundreds for the 500, but not the Flex.

Someone mentioned you in another thread as being 'the man' when it comes to this stuff. Did I read that there is a conversion option involving removal of the quick release adapter?

Man, if you can help me I'd be in your debt.

p.s. Sorry for using this thread for an unrelated post, but I couldn't figure out how to send you a personal message.

Thanks in advance

Brother Spartan said:
Thank you, guys! I appreciate your helpfullness
Well i don't know if I'm "the man" but I have messed with my flex a lot since I got it. :lol:
I'm humbled guys by the recognition :ugeek:

The thread L.E.S. mentioned is a good reference for it.
Just helped dennis with the same thing on his 500 flex.

The flex adaptor is removeable, u just have to knock out that rolled pin and the "T" handle will pull out from the top to gain access to the bolt that removes the adaptor.
Now it may be on pretty good so it may take a bit of force to remove the bolt initially.
Then you will have yourself a standard 500 to modify at will with any stock option, with the added option to put the flex system back on at a later time if you choose to.

If you scroll over my name on my avatar on any post you can PM me, I will be more than happy to help you out with your flex. :cool:

Thought I already posted this new addition to my accessory list but seems like I missed this,
but in any case here is my new speed feed and tri rail forend to add to the collection....

IMG_20130304_163245_zpse8c21420.jpg

stigmata said:
sling attachment courtesy of kentucky windage's handy skill set.
the ring fits perfect and looks awesome.....just need a sling now.....ordering soon.
slingattachment_zpsa4e84dce.jpg

installed on 590
slingattachment2_zps75897afe.jpg

Nice work and info. I just got my 590 FLex. Where did you get the sling mount? Any special tool needed to get the old pistol grip off? I may try the Hogue.
JC

Back