• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New AR Project...

Re: My New AR... (build updated)

To finish the install, slide the Telescoping Stock over the buffer tube. Pull the retainer pin out enough that the stock can slide all the way forward. Release the pin and the stock can now be moved back and forth using the adjustment lever.

.......and here's the completed lower.......

I've decided on the Spike's Upper. Should be about 6-8 weeks before it ships, but I think it's well worth the wait. I sure am looking forward to finishing the build.

I look forward to seeing it completed, its coming along nicely!

This is going to be one helluva a nice AR when your done, especially with that spikes upper!!!! :p

Man the completed lower is a beautiful thing! Nicely done!

Gotta say, for nOObs like me, this very detailed thread is really helpful!!!

Thanks fellas!

It's been a blast to build. Brad, I'm glad you find it interesting and potentially helpful. After all that's what we're all here for, to learn and to share. I'll post updates as I continue, but it'll probably be a while before I have anything further to add. Now I have to play the waiting game...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Now I have to play the waiting game...

hate that game... But lookin forward to it! Thanks!

Well, I ordered my Spike's upper this afternoon. The owner of my LGS did me a solid and is getting it for me at dealer cost + shipping!

I told him to give me a call if he ever needs a kidney, lung, etc. :lol:

Just odered my Troy sights! Got the flip-down rear with dual aperture and got em from Spike's so they'll be sport'n the Spider logo...

I'm gonna stick with the stock front sight for now. I think the M4 barrel looks much better with the classic A2 gas block front post. I may eventually upgrade to the A.R.M.S. folding sights. They came up with a pretty cool idea that combines the contemporary features of folding sights with the classic look of the stock A2 configuration...

You are making me what to build an AR so bad right now...I have to stop looking at this thread.

Haha, sorry man!

Oh, I just ordered the mil-spec Magpul CTR stock and .07" enhanced rubber buttpad too... :D

FYI, for most of the parts I can't find locally I turn to Joebob Outfitters. Huge selection and hard-to-beat prices!

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/

Got some more of my parts yesterday. Here's a new pic of the lower with the new Magpul CTR and Enhanced Buttpad...

My Rear Folding Troy BattleSight came in today...

Features:

•No tools are required for adjustment

•Each click equals .50 MOA of adjustment

•Blackened Stainless Steel

•MIL-SPEC Type III Hard Coated

•T6 Aircraft Aluminum construction

•Available in Black and Flat Dark Earth

•Made in the USA

•Spikes Tactical Logo

I use these sights on my LMT and M&P15, love' em!!!! I bit on the pricey side but they are top notch!!!

You will have one of the sweetest most detailed AR's I've seen when your done..

I love those sights, good lookin sights too!

Most appreciated Dave.

I'm really lookin forward to get'n her finished. I wanted to have everything lined up and ready to go when the upper arrives.

Decided on optics,

Goin with an OPMOD Eotech EXPS2-0 with ringed 1MOA Dot and QD mount. Setting up a co-witness with a 7x Sightmark magnifier on a QD flip-to-side mount. The EXPS2 has an elevated base to allow the use of my irons when necessary. The Sightmark came in this week, so I'm gonna get it out to the range on my SCAR for a test run this weekend.

Still no news on my upper yet. It's driving me nuts.

Cant wait to see it together, I know youre excited!

Back