• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New AR Project...

Re: My New AR... (build updated)

Still no update on my upper, but I snapped a few pics of my Eotech today...

EXPS2-0 "OPMOD"

I was just looking at those Eotech's, very nice.

My buddy came up yesterday and I took him to the club for a day of shooting. He had S&W M&P15 he bought 3 years ago and never shot it, he does mostly indoor handgun only. When he bought the M&P15 the guy threw a package deal together which included a SIG Holographic 556 sight. I mounted it for him and took the bolt out and gave it a quick clean and oiling along with a couple patches through the barrel and off to the range we went. We stopped at my favorite gun shop and my buddy spent about $500 on ammo, ammo cans and Hi cap mags for his Glocks. We went through just shy of 1000 rounds of 5.56 ammo between my SCAR, Colt M4 and my buddies M&P15. The M&P15 was dead nuts with absolutely no adjustment at 50 yards which was good for his needs and enjoyment. Never have I had a rifle be so accurate with a scope/mounted optic without some adjustment like that M&P. Man we had fun, I brought the AR10 too which was a new caliber to him..

I liked his SIG optic and they are inexpensive and easy to use but outdated and hard to find...

Sounds like a good time!

I've always heard good things about the M&P15. The only time I usually ever see the Sig optics anymore are when my LGS gets in a Sig556. Most of em still come with the Sig Red dot. They've partnered with ITAC Defense and are mostly just rebranding their optics and illuminators now.

My upper has finally shipped!!!!!!!

With any luck I'll have it by tomorrow or Thursday. Can't wait to get this badboy put together!

...my 590a1 arrives tomorrow too. Man, what a good week. Gonna be an even better Saturday at the range! :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

With any luck I'll have it by tomorrow or Thursday. Can't wait to get this badboy put together!

...my 590a1 arrives tomorrow too. Man, what a good week. Gonna be an even better Saturday at the range! :D
SWEET!
:cool:

I am excited to see your build finally come all together!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

Sweet!!

Finally get to see the fruits of your labor. I had Spikes Tactical stripped lower in my mitts at the LGS yesterday. They wanted $120 for it and almost bought it but decided to wait until I go through the safes and see what can be culled..

... the last piece of the puzzle arrived today ...

Spike's 16" 5.56 M4 LE Upper with 7" BAR Rail

... and here's the end result...

I'm like a kid on Christmas day!!! Can't wait to get to the range this weekend...

That came out awesome! Its nice to see it finally all done.

Appreciate it fellas! :D

This may sound crazy, but this rifle even SMELLS GOOD! The upper has that fresh from the factory "New Gun Smell"! I don't know what kind of oil they use, but it's got me smiling everytime I open the safe! :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Appreciate it fellas! :D

This may sound crazy, but this rifle even SMELLS GOOD! The upper has that fresh from the factory "New Gun Smell"! I don't know what kind of oil they use, but it's got me smiling everytime I open the safe! :lol:

Now you know you've got it bad (Black Rifle Disease - or even worse...the Evil Black Rifle Disease - no cure). When you start hanging out in your gun safe sniffing gun oil fumes...it's terminal :lol:

P.S. - that new one looks pretty darn nice. Great job.

I keep looking around for another lower, I cant decide if I want to buy on online for less(including transfer, Shipping and what not) or just get one locally now...
I'm a cheap S.O.B. and I have dealt with Aero Precision in the past, There is this deal currently around

http://newfrontierarmory.com/catalog/in ... cts_id=390

I may try to sweet talk the wife into this :mrgreen:

Re: My New AR Build... (NOW COMPLETE!)

At the range with it now.

HOLY MOTHER I LOVE THIS RIFLE!!!

I'll post up a range report and some targets later tonight...

Back