• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Tactical .22

My wife and inlaws got me the 715T for Christmas with a couple spare mags! I hadn't had a chance to get it out and shoot it until yesterday. To say that I am impressed is an understatement!!! Thing functions flawlessly and fired everything I fed it!!! Gonna spend some more time with it this coming weekend and get it zeroed in exactly where I want it and start looking for iron sights for it. (Unfortunately, mine didn't come with any)
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

Congrats on the new rifle!

Glad she's runnin right for ya. No sights huh? I'd call Mossberg and let 'em know you got shorted. They might send you a set for free...

Great idea Lazy Eye!!! Never thought about that before! I will give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say about it!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

Wasn't able to call Mossberg yet but sent an email to their customer service. Haven't heard anything back yet, but hopefully I will this week!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

i wouldn't hold your breath on a return email...i got one reply 5 days after i sent an email, i replied to that email with a few more questions...that was oct 21st and i am still waiting fro the reply. the gun has been shipped, fixed and returned.

Good to know, I work overnights so email is my preferred method of contact since I am not awake during the day or at least not during normal business hours. I will try to call tomorrow if I get the chance!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

try this email addy for mossberg. she is in charge of the emails. worked for me.
"Martinez, Norma" <martinezn@mossberg.com>,

Still haven't heard back from the general email I initially sent. So tonight I sent Norma one, hopefully I will hear back soon!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

Still no word from anybody at Mossberg. I am off Weds this week so I may try to call during regular business hours.
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

Other than having to wait on hold for a bit, I don't think you'll have any issues getting someone on the phone. Good luck and keep us posted...

Finally got a response out of Mossberg. Not what I was hoping for... here's how the email response reads.

"Thank you for your e-mail. Sir this models do not come with sights.

Santa Hernandez
O.F. Mossberg & Sons , Inc.
Maverick Arms Inc.
Authorized Service Center
E-mail Representative "

I can understand not wanting to give them to me but not even offering to me to purchase? That seems odd to me.... Especially since most of you guys have bragged on their customer service. Guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for a set of sights!!!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

How did you word your email to them?

Did you specificall inquire about purchasing them or just ask if they should have been included?

IMHO, they should have said it was an option if indeed it is available for sale but the wording of your email combined with the volume they have to process may have some impact on your response.

I say this as someone who frequently deals with large volumes of email on a daily basis. I'm not offering this as an excuse, just stating a point of view. Good luck.

Yeah, that is wierd.

It sucks that all this craziness going on is making it harder for the rest of us. I'd still try to call in and speak with someone if you get a chance. It's easy to be one-sided on an e-mail, but they've always been very gracious over the phone...

Here's all the email correspondence thus far. I may try to call this afternoon to see if physically talking to someone helps.

"Please see the website. Some models have it and some do have them but we don’t sell the sights as an accessory , they only become included with the gun when purchased. Would you please forward me your serial number so I can see which model you have and I can provide you a picture of this model you have.

Santa Hernandez
Maverick Arms Inc.
E-mail Representative

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:38 PM
To: Hernandez, Santa
Subject: Re: Form submission from: Contact Us

In your previous email you said that they don't come with the firearm. I'm confused, which is it? On the website you don't offer a model that's a flat top with a no sight option. But that's what I received. Can you clear this up for me?
-Jonathan

On Jan 31, 2013, at 2:51 PM, "Hernandez, Santa" <SHernandez@maverickarms.com> wrote:

We don’t sell this sights they only come with the firearm.

<image001.jpg>
Santa Hernandez
Maverick Arms Inc.
E-mail Representative

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:13 PM
To: Hernandez, Santa
Subject: Re: Form submission from: Contact Us

Wow, ok. I didn't realize that you offered a model that didn't come with sights as its not listed on your website. Can you sell me sights for it?
-Jonathan Reed

To: "jonathan.reed@att.net" <jonathan.reed@att.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 12:12 PM
Subject: RE: Form submission from: Contact Us

Thank you for your e-mail. Sir this models do not come with sights.

Santa Hernandez
Maverick Arms Inc.
E-mail Representative

Name: Jonathan Reed
Email Address: jonathan.reed@att.net
Subject: I have a question about a product, part or service
I recently bought a Flat Top 715T from a local retailer and when I opened the box it didn't have any iron sights included. Is it possible that the sights were missed being placed in the box when it was shipped to the retailer? Any information you have would be greatly appreciated!!!
-Jonathan S Reed

The results of this submission may be viewed at:
https://www.mossberg.com/node/2588/submission/23299 "

Thanks guys for all your suggestions!!!!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816

maybe word it something like this "let me be a little more specific. upon opening a brand new, in the box model 715t flat top, i noticed that there were no sights on this firearm at all. there were no iron sights or red dot. my serial number is XXXXXXXX, could you please inform me of which sights should have been included please? since there were no sights on the firearm, what do you suggest i do, as it was shipped from the factory this way. "

the only model listed on their website without "sights" is the FlatTop with Red Dot combo. So if the gun was new in the box, either Mossberg or the dealer where it was purchased from owes you a set of Irons or a Red Dot

Looks like there is a distributor exclusive (Talo) model number 37229.

This model does not appear on Mossberg's website, but is listed as an "Optics Ready" configuration and is the only one I'm aware of that ships with no sights...

Back