• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to me 500 Cruiser (added a stock to it)

Title says all.

Firstly, went on vacation for a couple of weeks. If ya noticed I went silent on the boards. Missed you guys lol.

Came back to town and figured I hadn't seen what the local pawn shop circuit had on hand in a few weeks so I made the rounds today. Came across an excellent condition parked (maybe matte blued) 8 shot Cruiser priced for $219. I have a hard time telling the difference between the two finishes sometimes. Anyhow sadly the girl said I couldn't take it home today, have to wait 20 more days since they just took it in and have to wait the 21 days in case its reported stolen or the cops are interested in it for evidence etc..........

Really annoys me that some of these shops put crap out for "show and tell" but it can't be technically be sold right away. I think they should keep it out of sight in the back until the 21 days are up. Grrrrrrrrrrrr I'm all about instant self gratification :D

Sorry for the rant but anyway I didn't want to take a chance missing out on it so I threw 25 bucks at it for lawaway just to get it off their floor. For the price I didn't expect it to linger around too long. Hedging my bet here its not going to wind up being a hot weapon. Wish me luck. Worst case I've got 25 bucks store credit towards something else in there. I'm sure I can find a pocket knife or something there and be done with it. I could have paid it off in full but if it winds up being non sell able I didn't want to be hosed with too much store credit tied up in one place. The 500 was the only item of interest to me as far as the guns went there.

Cheers all and glad to be back on the board. Gonna have to read up on what I missed over the past 2 weeks.

J

Re: I gotta stop hitting up pawn shops :) Another 500 inboun

welcome back and congrats on your soon to be mossy. :)

don't forget the pics.

It's a disease man.... and we're all infected! :lol:

Congrats man. Luckily, or unluckily, the pawn shops in my area dont carry guns. I live on the west side of houston and have to go to the northside to check out weapons. So every now and then ill drop by to see what they have. Ive been wanting to do a SxS project. But will hold off and am planing to duracoat the frame of my px4 storm and the receiver/tube of my m500. After i get those out of the way ill be working on a sxs or another pump depending on what the PS have to offer.

aksavanaman said:
It's a disease man.... and we're all infected! :lol:

Just like black rifle disease eh?

Friend convinced me to go the Saxet funshow today. There was a guy with a bullpup 500 on his table. For 7 bills way too much for my tastes but it was fun to finally see one of those in the flesh. I've never come across one. Neat even today although kinda dated now. I still think if I were to ever opt for a bullpup I'd want one of those KSGs. Also way too much though for my checkbook though. For now I'll be happy with my good pawnshop finds on standard 500s. :D

Damn this having to wait.

Congrats!! And that's why I avoid pawn shops. LOL

Uggh, why can't it have been the 20th already? Hating this hurry up and wait.

Called the pawn broker earlier today and said hes not been notified of the gun being stolen so its looking like its a greenlight as of tommorow. Gonna try like mad sometime this weekend to get over there and spring it from jail lol.

This wait has been killer.

It's a cruiser model but thinking I'll ditch the pistol grip right away. I'm really considering getting a standard buttstock for it. Might even opt for the speedfeed type. Haven't quite decided just yet. With 2 500s around I can afford to tinker with one and just keep the other one at the ready. Been reluctant to screw around with the only one I have right now.

Decisions, grrrrrrrrrrr lol. Just glad I can finally bring it home.

,,,,,don't forget the pics...... :D

old mossy said:
,,,,,don't forget the pics...... :D

Yeah... we wanna see it... or it never happened :twisted:

Re: New to me 500 Cruiser

Oh it happened. Couldn't wait until tomorrow or Saturday. Realized that if I got it today I can use tomorrow or Saturday to go give her a nice workout. For now I'll just use it as is. Accessories can come later. Just want to make sure she functions but I know it will.

I can already feel the pistol grip burn in my palms from being sore lol :D

BTW, I love ATACS and figured why not throw it for the photo op onto my camo top. One day it might be neat to have something hydro dipped in that stuff. Best camo ever IMO.

Almost a great day. A certain team of mine lost tonight :( So at least this is a consolation prize. A range trip soon will turn this very sad frown upside down.

Glad its finally in my possession now.

Cheers all.
J

Nice! For that price it was a damn steal too!

You keeping the pistol grip or dumping for a standard stock / adjustable? (Has anyone come across someone that actually sticks with utilizing the cruiser pistol grip?)

Not sure. Now that I have the two 500s tough decisions to make which one gets what.

Might swap that Choate over folder from the other gun onto this one and opt for a traditional buttstock instead. Since I'm considering that 20 inch vent ribbed barrel with the chokes I'm thinking that gun would be more for shooting clays at distance etc... even actual bird hunting if I ever get the chance. This ones probably going to be put on 24/7 HD duty but only after I've confirmed it works and has a good number of hulls through it first.

Decisions indeed, grrrr..........

,,,,congrats on your persuader. mossberg loves to play with the names. :)
whatever you call it ,,,,you scored!

Appreciate it.

Also have a lead on a nice 590A1 but just can't take advantage of all the good deals. Anyone in the San Antonio area on these forums reading this I can point you in the direction.

Thanks again guys. Bargains are still out there, you just have to be diligent and keep an eye out for em.

Well, its no longer a cruiser lol :)

I just couldn't leave it a pistol gripped only firearm any longer. Was absolutely no fun to shoot like that which I already knew it would be but she functioned flawlessly the other day. Shorter than usual range trip for me ;)

20 inches of bbl length and a 7 shot tube just felt too long for me with a pg only. A pistol grip only IMO seems appropiate only on a very short barrled weapon, basically an AOW. :( YMMV as usual.

Anyhow wether you agree or not I just had to get a stock on this gun ASAP. Remember I originally thought of going with a standard buttstock especially the speedfeed version but I wound up choosing the ATI standard pistol grip stock with the scorpion razorback recoil pad for this weapon instead.

I also figured why not add the side saddle accessory to it while I was at it. Yes I know I originally considered doing the velcro side saddle and I still might but so far I'm digging this stock configuration. The plastic seems pretty sturdy and ATI in general is spoken favorably by most folks. Time will tell but really like the way it feels shouldering the gun now. I like this cheekweld better than the chinweld I get with that Choate overfolder on the other 500 of mine. Now I'm thinking of making this one more of primary HD weapon and ditching the Choate entirely on the other gun, getting the more traditional buttstock for it and still opting for that 20 inch accu choke bbl I've been contemplating. Basically setting that one up more like a hunting gun but still could pull double duty as a HD gun if called upon.

With this gun having the longer mag tube I've got more room now to mount a light somewhere forward of the pump which is probably my next major purchase. I'm not gonna lie, this one being parkerized it just feels more appropiate for being my tactical toy and the other being shiny blued more of a sporting piece. I really would like to get that one setup as such and one day try my hand at a proper skeet field with it.

For now though I'm really itching to get back out there for some more trigger time on this bad boy and see just how this ATI stock is going to work out for me. Last trip out was way too short, damn pistol grip only.

Thanks. I do like the fact ATI included adapters for Winchester and Remingtons as well. In my book that makes the recycle or resell value to me very high. Should I get a non Mossberg shotgun down the pipe I could use it there. Or if I ever decide on a different stock this can be offered for sale/trade to a wider variety of audience than just one model/make. Very cool in my book. I'm really itching to use this thing. Hopefully in the next few days. Be patient J, you can do it.

Picture047_zpsafcc88cf.jpg

Got totally bored this afternoon. Decided to arrange a collage of some man made items of bada$$ness! :D

Back