• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie here. Wait time for flex 590 to ship?

tomcat

Hey all, new member here found the site the other day. Great info so far, I've learned a lot, and hope to continue to do so. Quick question. I'm hoping to pick up my first shotgun soon and have settled on the flex 590 tactical (input still welcome of course). My question is any idea of the approximate wait time for it to come in to the dealer? I know people are buying big time right now wtih the attack on gun rights so assuming the dealer has to order it. I also live in NY unfortunately so if anyone knows specific to NY waits right now, specifically Long Island, it would be great. Thanks all.

It's really all going to depend on the distributor your dealer uses and their current inventory levels. Once your dealer finds one in stock somewhere, they'll be able to give you an estimated ETA before you place the order...

Thank you. I'm hoping of course it's not going to be too long but not too hopeful on that given all thats going on in this state. Unreal.

I actually just got the same gun. I bought it from budsgunshop.com. I just watched for like a week and then it was in stock randomly and pounced on it.

It took 1 month to get my 590 ship out from Buds now I have to wait another 10 days after the local dealer received it and I did the paper work just heads up I had to pay a extra $92.00 to the dealer for taxes transfer paperwork.

I purchased my 590 on line thinking I was getting a better deal ordering it online it costing about the same in long run I could purchase it locally for the same price without waiting so long for it to be shipped from Buds.

Good to know. Thanks. I've seen local shops sites have em for around $530-550 but they are in and out of stock so I think when I go Sunday it will be hit or miss.

I paid $465.00 for mine from Buds and now a extra $92.00 on to of that so far $557.00 and 1 month waiting time and when I ordered my 590 it was in stock at least what they told me it was in stock.

The price from Buds was good it's CA that asking for the extra money and a extra 10 more days after you do the paperwork and pay for the CA BS fee's :oops: .

sokr915 said:
I paid the $464 for it. They shipped it and I had it in about a week. I just picked it up tuesday.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... 22+CB+6POS

Between your state and mine, we need to move. :x

The price from Buds was good it's CA that asking for the extra money and a extra 10 more days after you do the paperwork and pay for the CA BS fee'

Went into a small local shop near me today. Inquired about ordering. They couldn't have helped LESS. I really hate to rant but I wonder sometimes why these shops (at least where I am) act like they are doing you a favor to make a sale. I've been to a few shops over the last ten years near me (Long Island NY) and it's always the same. It went exactly like this: Me and my buddy walk in, I say I'm looking to get a Mossberg flex 590, I'm assuming you'll need to order it with everything going on. The guy smirks says can't help you with that, there are none. I say I know but can I order one even if it takes a while? says no. Can't order what nobody has. I say ok, you know if there is a waitlist? Anything? Just says no. NO explanation (I know why, but what if I didn't) Now, I'm sure they're not in the best of moods with all thats happening but If I was any type of store owner, not just gun, I'd want business. Maybe say, Hey, is your mind made up? If not I'd be happy to show you some other stuff thats cool. Not looking to have my ass kissed but I say ok, thanks. He says ok. Thats it. I don't get it. Listen, I know guns, I do my research. I carry a gun for a living. Im 34, not a kid. I'd like to think that walking into a gun shop in NY today they would be desperate (to a certain extent, maybe not the right word) to make a sale or at LEAST be willing to stroke me with a "hey, I can take your number" or "this is what we are hearing". I know the market is tight right now. Just looking for a little help man, and looking to give you business. I hate to sound whinny. Thats not my intention. My question is for those of you across the US is have you ever walked into a store as a new, unkown customer, and been treated like they are doing you a favor or is this just a local thing? It's happened before as I've said. Anyway, I get home, go on Budsgunshop and find about 7 different flex models availabe for purcahse today. Thanks. I want to do the right thing and support a local shop especially now, and you made me buy online. Not just ranting if youv'e experienced this, please let me know. Maybe it's just me.

hi tomcat,,,im also on LI.what shop did you go to for the 590?

Good luck I hope you get your 590 soon like I said when I get my 590 in my hands it will be about 1.5 months between the time I ordered it and the time I have the 590 in my hands.

Hey brother. Suffolk Shooting supply. I do have to add they were not rude but very standoffish. Even my buddy, who has never been to shop was like wtf? Were they annoyed by us?

Yeah Marv that's rough. but that's my point. Even if they told me it would take 6 months, let me get your number, I'd get it. Just got totally shut down.

Thanks heard great things about both. Also, Soutshore sportsman. Never been to any of them. Like I said, not looking for anyone to bend over backwards. I'm sure they get a lot of "lookyloos" that have no intention of buying but if I walk in saying a specific model, It should show I'm serious.

Back