• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie here. Wait time for flex 590 to ship?

I was online today just killing time and looked up shot guns for sale there is none or anything I could afford or I would want to have for my self I sure glad I ordered my 590 when I did.

I've seen a couple here and there online at hunters and South shore and buds. I've decided against the Flex due to the lack of aftermarket stuff. I'm flexible in what model I will go with. I was thinking a 590 or 590a1. Also thinking of a 500 so I can switch out the barrels easily as I'd like to try clay shooting. Tried it waaayyyy back at scout camp an liked it. Hit 1 out of 5 then :lol: . Was also the last time I used a shotgun. I keep going back and forth. Was convinced I wanted a 590. Then an A1 then a 500. Then 8 shot, now 6 shot because of the ease of barrel swap. Yeah I'm driving myself nuts. Gotta wait a month or so anyway for the funds so I have time to go even crazier. :roll:

At first I had a 5 shot 18 inch Winchester SXP shot gun ordered but I wanted for home defense and what I have read there normally 3 to 5 intrudes at a time that's one of the reasons I wanted a larger magazine just in case it ever happens.
Plus I found out the SXP there very little if any after market stuff for it either.

I ended up getting my 590 SP I wanted the larger 8+1 magazine and the Parkerized finish that's one of the reasons I picked the 590.

The Parkerized finish should last longer over years of service I had a blued hand gun you could see after years the blue finish in area's was wearing off from use.

The 590 A1 I liked but they were none when I ordered so I end up getting the 590 SP it do every thing I want it to and more.

I liked the 930 holds 10 rounds I don't like the price there other Shot Guns I looked at also but way more than I wanted to pay for one the 590 for me is the best bang for the buck.

tomcat said:
I've seen a couple here and there online at hunters and South shore and buds. I've decided against the Flex due to the lack of aftermarket stuff. I'm flexible in what model I will go with. I was thinking a 590 or 590a1. Also thinking of a 500 so I can switch out the barrels easily as I'd like to try clay shooting. Tried it waaayyyy back at scout camp an liked it. Hit 1 out of 5 then :lol: . Was also the last time I used a shotgun. I keep going back and forth. Was convinced I wanted a 590. Then an A1 then a 500. Then 8 shot, now 6 shot because of the ease of barrel swap. Yeah I'm driving myself nuts. Gotta wait a month or so anyway for the funds so I have time to go even crazier. :roll:

Hey man thanks for the insight. Is it possible to put longer barrels on the 590a1? Or is that not possible due to the heavier barrel? I did read on the "differences" thread that you could put an 835 barrel on but then I got confused because I think it wound up the gentleman actually had a 590 not an a1. Sorry but I seem to think I have a grasp on the differences then I don't.

I believe you can I read others have done it but you need to go thought the treads to find it.

The 500 is nice but I felt for me the 590 was a better way to go I sure you can change out the barrels out on the normal 590 do you really need the heavy A1 barrel it be nice to have but do you need it.

also what I read if you want to change out the forearm you have to file the new forearms so they can fit on the A1 and other parts you need to mod to fit the A1.

If you throw you 590 around back of your truck bed planning to treat it rough go for the A1 but if you like me you don't have to have it the metal trigger and the metal safety button you can swap out on the normal 590 if you want but don't have to.

I going to swap my safety switch to the wide aluminum one out on of theses days and one day just because I swap out to the metal trigger I don't have to I want to I like to do this kind of stuff.

I like changing things out yes I waste money all the time just don't tell the wife :oops: LOL.

tomcat said:
Hey man thanks for the insight. Is it possible to put longer barrels on the 590a1? Or is that not possible due to the heavier barrel? I did read on the "differences" thread that you could put an 835 barrel on but then I got confused because I think it wound up the gentleman actually had a 590 not an a1. Sorry but I seem to think I have a grasp on the differences then I don't.

Lol I hear ya on the wife man. I hear ya. Lol. I KNEW there was a reason I decided to stay away from the A1. It was the forend issue. I know that sounds silly to a lot of guys but I want a railed forend for AFG and light. It's hard enough finding an a1 now let alone the tri rail model. The other was weight. Not that I'd really be hiking long distances with it but still. I did find that the 835 would fit the a1 though while I was looking through another thread.

Back